onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well Done Racists

Mellor!

Of course it was!! It's racism...end of. Whether or not your moral standards are the same as mine or not you can't alter the fact that what was being sung was being sung because of race. Why do you keep bringing classism into this debate? How do you know that it wasn't 'your average bloke' who reported the racism? You don't. You've no idea who reported it and neither have I but i'm glad that some did.

Caz, he just doesn't have any idea FULL STOP.

Advert

Again- let's apply a little perspective and treat the 'racial' abuse in the manner it deserves. The supporters were singing you're just a town full of p***.

That's fact- Bradford is a town overly populated by asians- so the fans are correct.

So why were they singing it? I didn't hear anyone singing "Your just a town full of middle class professionals" when we played Wimbledon in Kingston last season. The chant had racist overtones and was intended to be offensive. That is all we need to know.

Of course it was!! It's racism...end of. Whether or not your moral standards are the same as mine or not you can't alter the fact that what was being sung was being sung because of race. Why do you keep bringing classism into this debate? How do you know that it wasn't 'your average bloke' who reported the racism? You don't. You've no idea who reported it and neither have I but i'm glad that some did.

Caz- I am not disagreeing with you that it was inclusive of racial terminology- but when you make comparisons to other issues then you have to say that people eventually will be afraid of giving any kind of banter at a football match. If this is the way we are heading so be it- but long term its the club who pay the price for being so Politically correct. If it had not been reported, nobody would have cared.

How many from Bradford made a complaint?? Wasn't this directed at them?

Exactly and the fact that not even 1 Bradford fan made a complaint says it all. Lots of people like hiding behind a keyboard on there high horse and preaching what is politically right and wrong but out of everyone that has felt strongly about this incident how many of you actually made a complaint at the time???....

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Where exactly do you live? I live in Tunstall and in the urban area i reside there is hardly a white person in sight??

That's one area of the city- then you have Normacot, Cobridge, Shelton which again, are dominated by Pakistanis or indians.

When you say 'asians' we are talking about-

1. Pakistanis

2.Chinese

3.Indians

4. Afghanistans

5.Malaysians ect ect

4%?? You have got to be kidding!!

http://localstats.qpzm.co.uk/stats/england/west-midlands/stoke-on-trent

In the 2011 census the population of Stoke-on-Trent was 249,008 and is comprised of approximately 50% males and 50% females.

The average age of people in Stoke-on-Trent is 38 years of age, while the median age is 38.

90.2% of people living in Stoke-on-Trent were born in England. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% Pakistan, 0.7% Scotland, 0.7% India, 0.6% Wales, 0.3% Philippines, 0.3% Zimbabwe, 0.2% Ireland, 0.2% China, 0.2% Northern Ireland.

94.1% of people living in Stoke-on-Trent speak English. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% Urdu, 0.7% Polish, 0.6% Panjabi, 0.4% Kurdish, 0.2% Tagalog/Filipino, 0.2% All other Chinese, 0.2% Bengali, 0.2% Arabic, 0.1% Slovak.

The religious make up of Stoke-on-Trent is 60.9% Christian, 24.9% No religion, 6.0% Muslim, 0.6% Hindu, 0.3% Buddhist, 0.2% Sikh. 15,942 people did not state a religion. 581 people identified as a Jedi Knight and 22 people said they believe in Heavy Metal.

OK one last try

Again- let's apply a little perspective and treat the 'racial' abuse in the manner it deserves. The supporters were singing you're just a town full of p***.

Which ia against the law

That's fact- Bradford is a town overly populated by asians- so the fans are correct. Are the fans racially abusing an individual- the answer is NO.

No they are wrong, not all asians are pakistani and the abuse doesnt have to be against one person or even offend one person.

You are right Geosname- to state that any racial abuse is against the law- but so is swearing- so is running onto the field of play (even at the end of the season) - many laws are only broken if reported.

Again your wrong... laws are broken whether they are reported or not

This was reported- because simply one element of the support disliked the other and saw the abuse as 'Beneath' them. I can totally understand why this is. I would be embarrased myself to sing the song unless I was laden with drink.

Its nothing to do with being beneath and you should be embarrassed at singing them and laden with drink

But people, when they come to football, are laden with drink- because its all part of the experience which is supporting a football team (anywhere in the country)

Thats total rubbish, its not part of the experience its a choice. Some people have a drink to be sociable and others become unsociable when drinking... thats nothing to do with football thats to do with alcohol consumption

So again- I ask myself, if the taunts were that bad, why didnt the stewards and police do anything??

As I have said I have no idea, its a good question, but because they fail to act doesnt alter the fact its against the law

Because there was no offensiveness- because they know that common sense prevails and EVERYONE IN THE UK knows that Bradford is the pakistani country of the UK.

Thats just cack

What about when fans shout 'England' when Cardiff and Swansea come to Vale park?? Is that not 'against the law of the land'??

Is the word enguland racially abusive?

This was not warranted to be serious enough to be reported to the FA- they care not for anyone they will jump on this to make themselves look Good- the FA are complete and utter a***** if they cared about equality then they would put a cap on the number of foreign players at the top level that is having such a negative effect on the international teams prospects.

I am sticking with my guns that there is a minority at this club who simply hate the average bloke who has a drink and a sing song- so well done, instead of just taking it in the small common sense context (that the police and stewards obviously were) you 'righteous and law abiding citizens ' have now shut down a major part of the ground and alienated a huge percentage of the fan base- Again- WELL done!!!

You are stuck on something and I doubt its a gun... what is the average man?... the law defined it as what the average man on a bus would think .. would the average man say it was against the law?.. you have a cross section of vale supporters on here are the average saying you are wrong?... the stand has not been closed... who are these huge amount that have been alienated?

Are you saying the average man is the type of Neanderthal who gets rat assed to go to watch football and sings/shouts abuse? If so there is no hope.

It is also law to not have your dog c*** in public-

No it isnt

it is also law not to swear in public it is also law

Correct... so why do you feel the need to do it?.. why do you think its acceptable?

Exactly and the fact that not even 1 Bradford fan made a complaint says it all. Lots of people like hiding behind a keyboard on there high horse and preaching what is politically right and wrong but out of everyone that has felt strongly about this incident how many of you actually made a complaint at the time???....

So really what your saying is that if no bradford fans complained its OK? there was nothing wrong? What if some of your fellow supporters were offended?.. dont they matter?

Where exactly do you live? I live in Tunstall and in the urban area i reside there is hardly a white person in sight??

That's one area of the city- then you have Normacot, Cobridge, Shelton which again, are dominated by Pakistanis or indians.

When you say 'asians' we are talking about-

1. Pakistanis

2.Chinese

3.Indians

4. Afghanistans

5.Malaysians ect ect

4%?? You have got to be kidding!!

I live in Thailand, its full of asians [surprise surprise] I am the only resident farang so there isnt "another white face to be seen" unless I look in the mirror [which I try not to do]... they were born here... whats your point?

The implied superiority and demeaning tone used to describe "Chavs" and also the definition of the word race. "Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation.

So the practice of demeaning "chavs" who may belong to a certain geographical area, genetic phenotype or a social class can be construed as racist. Racism isn't all about colour, it covers more than that.

As I understand it racial categories are usually a few 10, 000 years old, based on genetics and facial features, and colours within races can vary as with Caucasians (Except in the USA). What Chavs have got to do with that I do not know. Just because it is a derogative term doesn't make it racist anymore than calling someone posh.

Archived