onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well Done Racists

Mellor!

Advert

Wow heavily intellectual debate.

Honestly though, I think the way forward to stamp out the scum bag racist element that appears to have on this occasion infested our club is self policing.

I for one am not scared of " having a word" with stewards or police should it happen in my ear shot vicinity .

In my opinion this has been blown completely out of the water.

I am 99% sure some form of racist chanting is encountered every week up and down the country I'm not condoning this or saying that it isn't an issue but for Port Vale to be singley named and shamed in the national media is out of order.

I don't believe we are a racist club and I believe the people who sang it did so because it no doubts ****** of opposition fans.

I do also believe that to report your own clubs fans for racism is daft.. Again i can see why people were offended but it has done us no favours complaing and the day before a game this is all we are talking about.

I suggest Port Vale does not have any kind of racism problem and certainly no more of a problem than any other team in this country

You quite clearly haven't attended that many games have you ? We have a reputation away from home of being aggressive drunken idiots and the cretins that gather on the Hamil car park wall at the end of most games hoping and praying for a fight are a disgrace that will doubtlessly drag Vale down as those of a similar ilk have done with the likes of Millwall, Leeds etc.i really do hope the police and the club get a grip of them before it becomes too far gone.

Then the FA should also be investigating the Police.

Get real,the FA can't investigate the Police, to be fair they can't investigate ****. Did you expect the 4or 5 old bill that were on duty to dive into the paddock and start locking people up for racism, if they had done so they would have had 4 idiots in chokey but no bizzies left to deal with the chavvy ***** that decided to have a go on the car park, or do you think there should have been more old bill to start with which would have course cost even more, lets face it its not the fault of anybody except those that decided to let their foul racist view come to the fore and then have a go on the car park afterwards

You're right but there are folk on here who like a good drama just commenting on the fact that everything that's been said has been said ten times over

The amount of comments from the same people means they must have lived on here yesterday and today...time to move on folks!! It's happened it's been addressed ....hey!! There's even another match tomorrow but you wouldn't think so!!

The time to move on is when the scum who sang these words and the apologists for them are ousted from our club permanently and others are made to see it will never be tolerated and not a minute before.

I'm sure there is a thread on the Oldham game, look at that one if you don't want to look at this, its your choice.

However for me and I would imagine the majority of others who have the clubs long term interests at heart this is the most pressing matter the club face, bar nowt.

Oh i didn't know that good god you are so informal it hurts- but anyway I have still to be informed who has been offended apart from the minority of do gooders.

I will try to make this a simple explanation, for the sake of my sanity.

Society makes rules [thats you and me etc... we the people?] those rules are called laws [the law of the lad] if someone sings racist songs [which is breaking the law] they offend society.... nah thats too complicated... oops didnt see the informal bit.

Dear Sir

Re your statement above.

No one has to be offended, its against the law, its a criminal offence, its unacceptable by society as a whole.

With regard to your second point "I have still to be informed", may I remind you, with respect, that this is not ask.com, ask Jeeves.com or any other domain whose sole function it is to supply answers to submitted questions.

Yours.......

Get real,the FA can't investigate the Police, to be fair they can't investigate ****. Did you expect the 4or 5 old bill that were on duty to dive into the paddock and start locking people up for racism, if they had done so they would have had 4 idiots in chokey but no bizzies left to deal with the chavvy ***** that decided to have a go on the car park, or do you think there should have been more old bill to start with which would have course cost even more, lets face it its not the fault of anybody except those that decided to let their foul racist view come to the fore and then have a go on the car park afterwards

The answer then seems pretty simple... video the abusers, after making any arrests on the car park check them against the video. If no arrests are made or they do not show on the video pursue the offenders after the game.

Given the chance to punish the majority of fans a lower league club for the sins of a minority and my guess is they'll take it. This is getting out of all proportion.

You may be right but I would hope that the FA or whoever would realise that it was Vale fans who made the report and in doing so made a very clear statement that they will not tolerate such behaviour. To punish the club in that way would also punish the fans and could deter others from making a similar stand and or reporting future incidents. In my opinion it would be a very counterproductive step to take and perhaps the club will stress this point if needed.

You're right but there are folk on here who like a good drama just commenting on the fact that everything that's been said has been said ten times over

The amount of comments from the same people means they must have lived on here yesterday and today...time to move on folks!! It's happened it's been addressed ....hey!! There's even another match tomorrow but you wouldn't think so!!

Its not a drama but it is a serious event with possibly serious consequences and repercussions.

In the spirit of debate and understanding some posters have tried to explain the situation to others who dont seem to understand or have a differing viewpoint, this tends to become repetitive when new posters join and raise the same point and when explanations are varied to express the same view in a different manner.

The matter has been raised I doubt its been addressed but thats just opinion.

As for living on the internet.... I was yesterday... I couldnt do much else Im afraid... such is life

I don't condone what was said by a section of the fans at the Bradford game whatsoever, but there have been worse cases of racist abuse at the likes of Tottenham, Millwall, Brighton etc... over the last few years. Now I'm not saying that people who reported this were wrong I think they were quite withing the rights to do and it does need addressing, but I do think some are blowing this all out of proportion that could at the end of the day make it worse for the club.

I dont think racism can be graded... one singing is bad... 10 singing is very bad... 100 is very very bad etc

If 1 sings its one criminal offence... if ten sing its 10 criminal offences etc... because 1,000 sing at another ground doesnt diminish what 100 do at Vale

Surely it is racist to consider the p word as abusive, is it so diferent to calling a Scot a jock etc.?

Possibly because the word was tainted with abuse for so long it has transformed from an abbreviation into abuse... thats what happens with a living language... bonking wasnt in the dictionary as denoting sexual activity until its common usage made it so.

Probably the word was used in conjunction with abuse and over a period of time its common usage, in that context, brought about the change of definition.

If Jock was used in conjunction with abuse over a period of time it would/could also take on the new meaning as would Limey or Thai.

Archived