onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement: Bradford Match

Memphis

Any genuine Vale fan that was in the paddock on Saturday, and heard these morons, and can identify them, should man up and report them to the police or the club, we are a family club, we don't want these filthy scumbags anywhere near our family, so lets weed them out now, before they bring the good name of PVFC to it's knees.

Advert

Any genuine Vale fan that was in the paddock on Saturday, and heard these morons, and can identify them, should man up and report them to the police or the club, we are a family club, we don't want these filthy scumbags anywhere near our family, so lets weed them out now, before they bring the good name of PVFC to it's knees.

How do they go about identifying them? "The big, fat, ugly, balding, four-chinned ********" is hardly a description that will narrow it down enough.

I'm glad to see the club taking an official stance on the subject of thugs who discriminate at football, and think it's an acceptable place to display that kind of behavior. A statement is one step further than V2001 one went on the issue.

A good number of them kids in the railway paddock spend more time shouting abuse to the away fans than watching whats going on on the pitch. I sit behind in the railway stand, some of the hand signals they give to away fans doesnt leave much to the imagination and they do it for a godf few seconds blatantly in front of the police and stewards, it wont belong before my grandaughter is asking what it means. And the language around me by the older fans is not to good, can someone tell me is the language as bad in all parts of the ground or am I sitting in the wrong area

A good number of them kids in the railway paddock spend more time shouting abuse to the away fans than watching whats going on on the pitch. I sit behind in the railway stand, some of the hand signals they give to away fans doesnt leave much to the imagination and they do it for a godf few seconds blatantly in front of the police and stewards, it wont belong before my grandaughter is asking what it means. And the language around me by the older fans is not to good, can someone tell me is the language as bad in all parts of the ground or am I sitting in the wrong area
Wrong area I think, the new family stand should be better for your grand daughter.

It's not just the racist behaviour it's also the general moronic goading and taunting that also needs stamping out. Because of these plebs we are making enemies up and down the country making away travel frosty and less enjoyable for genuine fans.

It wasn't so long ago that fans from other clubs actively supported us whilst in the shadows of administration, yet all we do to thank them is act like abusive cavemen.

That is absolutely spot on, the behaviour of the same minority managed to shame us a number of times last season, how you stop it is another matter entirely, poor education and ignorance cannot be solved overnight unfortunately but make no mistake this will make national news and these idiots will continue to shame our clubs reputation if we let them, our reputation among other teams supporters is shocking and we must try and change it

A few people on the 'wonder of port vale' now angry that people have complained about the chanting, referring to them as 'the vale do-gooders' and that we will get docked points. They think they should just shut up and not complain.

anybody complaining about Hughes being chanted at by Bradford fans 'murderer murderer' nar thought not, let's just report our own club supporters... yer **** me reht off !!

& before the do gooders on here start I didn't chant owt at Bradford before I'm call racist..

I've argued with these racists on a couple of occasions at away matches and got zilch support from club, other fans, stewards orcpolice. Fair enough, that was in V2001 times but I disagree with the person who said we didn't get strong statements from the club at that time. The statement from Smurf, as much as I like him is next to useless without action. Everyone has to stand up and be counted and that includes people on here on match days.

More Bark than Bite, nothing will come of any of it. Staffordshire's Finest are only interested in the pay day's that football brings.

What payday will that be then, I can honestly say that there are noticeably less bizzies at Vale than there are at a lot of places we travel to, which is possibly another indication of our reputation going before us.

I cannot help but think, that our own fans reporting this issue to other bodies as opposed to Port Vale FC, has just made PVFC's fans as a whole, to look like racists to those who weren't there.

This matter could and should have been dealt with, by internal means ( the club's CCTV and the police ). However, we now are in the headlines of local and probably national media for the actions of a minority of those attending Saturdays game.

Washing our dirty linen in public, will now cost this club in reputation, loss of potential supporters and possibly in fines. It will now be the main talking point for the next few days.

Before those waiting to bounce up and down regarding my comments, get the chance to bash their keyboards in response -.... can I point out that in no way have i, or do i condone any racist chanting and nor did i take any part....

The issue is now in the spotlight and rightly or wrongly, PVFC and all of us supporters are now tarnished by association.

As i said, this could have been dealt with much differently with a whole lot less damage created in the process.

I've argued with these racists on a couple of occasions at away matches and got zilch support from club, other fans, stewards orcpolice. Fair enough, that was in V2001 times but I disagree with the person who said we didn't get strong statements from the club at that time. The statement from Smurf, as much as I like him is next to useless without action. Everyone has to stand up and be counted and that includes people on here on match days.

Like I said on the closed thread,nobody is prepared to stick their neck out these days.All clubs whose fans have been involved in this racism tend to make statements condoning the behaviour but then take no further action.The fans also need to be more proactive and report these people to the police and stewards.What's the point of having CCTV in the ground if we are not prepared to use it?What's more frustrating is that this vile chanting was taking place right next to the police box.

Well done to all the fans who reported it directly to Vale and well done to Vale for the statement but I am concerned by the fact that one of our fans reported it to the authorities!!!!They should have given Vale the opportunity to rid our club of the scum first!!!!!

Well done to all the fans who reported it directly to Vale and well done to Vale for the statement but I am concerned by the fact that one of our fans reported it to the authorities!!!!They should have given Vale the opportunity to rid our club of the scum first!!!!!

Surely, it didn't need reporting to the club, almost everyone (including stewards) in the ground heard it. IMO a statement should have been made by the club first thing this morning prior to KIO contacting the club.

I think reporting it to the authorities was the right way. People have been trying to justify the chants as "banter", "it happens all the time" etc. I don't want us to lose points, of course not, but some things are more important than football and if we are punished maybe those who sang the chants and those who are trying to justify them will realise that this behaviour is not acceptable.

Archived