onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement: Bradford Match

Memphis

I was in the block near the police box first half as I like to sit the end Vale shoot at and sadly for a spell during the first half a lot of racist chanting regarding Bradford was taking place. Worryingly a lot were getting involved with the chants and not just an isolated few. Disgraceful and I felt embarrassed to be stood in the middle of it. Well done Vale for trying to tackle the issue.

Advert

I'm glad somebody has taken it KIO.

That's what they are there for. A strong stance is needed to call the bluff of the idiots.

I can see your point but I'd rather the club escalated it to KIO..not wanting it kept secret or anything but want to see the club taking the lead

Well done PVFC..it's unacceptable whatever the reasons for it.."mindless behaviour " indeed

I'm a bit disappointed that someone took this to Kick it Out...let the club have a go first and then escalate it

I will be honest I did report it to a contact I had within Kick It Out through a mutual working relationship working with the trade union UNISON but was told it had already been reported by someone who attended the match.

Full credit to the club for the statement, now lets hope the morons that caused it and those that defended such actions and attemtoed to belittle them are brought to justice and are never seen at Vale Park again.

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 1m

"It saddens me that all the hard work that PVFC and support groups and fans have been undermined by a few numpties who chose to be racist on Saturdays game. Do us all a favour and stay away you shame me the Club and the democracy we live in. We will not tolerate it"

Well said Smurf!

Agree with that - would debate the "democracy we live in " bit tho - you really think we live in a democracy?:(

I hope you are wrong - we need the police to wade in and haul a few of these morons away to send a message. If nothing is done game after game, you won't change the culture. They get away with it now because thy have been allowed to get away with it so far.

Chief of the Australian Army quote "The standard you walk past is the standard you accept." Very true. Until right minded Vale fans and the police act to get them out, these scumbags will continue to defile us.

As moronic as it was 2 questions if fans feel that strongly about it around them then confront these thugs face to face and stamp it out at source instead of tapping out your displeasure on here

The other question is will wolves fans be marched out/arrested for personal abuse of Lee Hughes next sat cuz I find that just as abhorrent!!!!

I hope you are wrong - we need the police to wade in and haul a few of these morons away to send a message. If nothing is done game after game, you won't change the culture. They get away with it now because thy have been allowed to get away with it so far.

Chief of the Australian Army quote "The standard you walk past is the standard you accept." Very true. Until right minded Vale fans and the police act to get them out, these scumbags will continue to defile us.

Correct,this scum want shouting down at every opportunity.

As moronic as it was 2 questions if fans feel that strongly about it around them then confront these thugs face to face and stamp it out at source instead of tapping out your displeasure on here

The other question is will wolves fans be marched out/arrested for personal abuse of Lee Hughes next sat cuz I find that just as abhorrent!!!!

John, folk have done something about it, they have reported it.

I too find personal abuse distasteful and I'm sure if Hughes feels the same he too will do something about it, however, the abuse Lee Hughes faces has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

Please don't continue to try and justify racist behaviour.

Archived