onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement: Bradford Match

Memphis

As moronic as it was 2 questions if fans feel that strongly about it around them then confront these thugs face to face and stamp it out at source instead of tapping out your displeasure on here

The other question is will wolves fans be marched out/arrested for personal abuse of Lee Hughes next sat cuz I find that just as abhorrent!!!!

Bring it to the Police's attention then carpetman.

Advert

The other question is will wolves fans be marched out/arrested for personal abuse of Lee Hughes next sat cuz I find that just as abhorrent!!!!

Probably not, but why don't you front up to them and tell them of your displeasure?

I can tell you what the outcome would be right now.

I'm pleased the club have taken a firm line on this mindless racism. The police need to back it up. A few years ago I listened to a similar tirade of racist abuse against opposition players from two men in the Lorne Street. They were not more than ten yards from two officers who totally ignored it for the whole of the first half. At half time I spoke to the officers and quietly reminded them that an offence was being committed and did they intend to do anything. Without saying anything they then went and spoke to the two men concerned and told them they would be removed if it continued. A quiet ripple of applause then broke out from surrounding Vale fans who had suffered similar embarrassment.

The police need to be proactive and make arrests.

I also had a text on Saturday night from a friend who'd been to the Liverpool v Stoke game and heard similar chants from the away support. I hope both our clubs take a firm line. It's not nice listening to this offensive rubbish.

The Annoying thing is enough were doing it that it was loud enough for the stewards and police at the bottom of the paddock to hear it, thus why not go in and start removing people? It's hard if not impossible to deal with it now and the lessons learnt need to be dealing with it at the time. These idiots who supposedly support the Vale might have been worth noting that one of our wingers has an Asian background, what would he be thinking if he heard it?

As moronic as it was 2 questions if fans feel that strongly about it around them then confront these thugs face to face and stamp it out at source instead of tapping out your displeasure on here

Its crazy to link abuse Hughes gets to this, its like comparing chalk and cheese.

The best way to do something is to report it and let the authorities deal with them, ban them for life and most importantly name and shame them for the whole world to see who they are and how low they are.

I have seen it first hand at two Vale games in the past, once at Accrington a couple of years ago where there was too many of them to take on and why should I put myself or my daughter at risk and secondly at Bury on the first game of the season when we won 1-0 and two idiots were abusing Griff. I reported it to their stewards and nothing was done as I posted previously.

Wonder what Griff, JMW and Mo think of all this, it makes me shudder.

You honestly believe that the abuse that Hughes gets is as bad as racism? Are you a bit puddled?

And if the Wolves fans should be arrested for it then so should a hell of a lot of Vale fans because we gave it to him just as bad when he played for Notts County.

Hughsie has become used to personal abuse, plus he is a Baggie too, it will fire him up, a hat-trick would be the perfect response. A chant is being suggested on the Hughes thread.

Excellent statement from the club, just what was needed. Would anyone still like to try and justify the chants now as simply "banter"?

They won't be so brave now the club has acted and its all been made official. I was so disgusted I sent a link of the other thread to Kick It Out too, hopefully a few will disappear or better still have to face up to their actions.

Well unless arrests are made by the police it will go on...we have been here before a couple of seasons ago when vale fans were accused of racially abusing Moore who played for Burton nothing was done so either these guys have to be arrested or fans take note of who they are and notify the nearest copper

I do think the abuse that Hughes gets is just as bad because that's just as a personal attack on someone as a racist remark

In LS about the time of the EGM some bloke shouted that he "didnt want a P **I" owning our club

We told the stewards and to their credit he was kicked out

I've not seem him since

I do think the abuse that Hughes gets is just as bad because that's just as a personal attack on someone as a racist remark

The point is not whether it's more or less bad, they are two different things.

Bringing up the personal abuse of Lee Hughes clouds the issue about how the club tries to deal with discriminatory behaviour, prejudice and outright racism.

Archived