onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Back to the serious stuff - League points. The more points we can get before Xmas the better, perhaps build a mini run, surely the game to start one.? The presence of Whitworth as his fitness permits will surely be a big help, without putting too much pressure on him. Any new lessons from last night`s Shrews game for Aspin?

Advert

Back to the serious stuff - League points. The more points we can get before Xmas the better, perhaps build a mini run, surely the game to start one.? The presence of Whitworth as his fitness permits will surely be a big help, without putting too much pressure on him. Any new lessons from last night`s Shrews game for Aspin?

Whats the betting Utch is unplayable on Saturday

Might be off this with the forecast to be honest, (wouldnt be a bad thing giving Whitfield and Lainton an extra few days!

Cambridge havent scored in a few away games on the trot now so need to be winning this!

Cold,fine,and sunny no probs:sun:

Don't see how we are going to win this game. We will dominate the first half - score a goal. Second half we will sit back and soak up the pressure and they will score two goals.

That's the script isn't it at the moment. Midfield and Defence will gift them two goals as they have gone back to defending in the penalty area, instead of pushing up the field. The away team will double mark Pope and our midfield don't feed him or help him out, because they are not that mobile.

Please please prove me wrong Vale.

Not looking forward to this. Just given how we're playing and the side that aspin keeps selecting I can't see us winning. If we start with Pugh, tongue and Kay in midfield I will stay at home, can't bare to watch them 3 together again

That’s the squad Brown has left us with. Who would you play instead? And don’t say ADF as he is nowhere near disciplined enough to play CM.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

...with away games at Yeovil' date=' Carlisle and Colchester to follow this home game, I find it very hard to see this team/squad going on any sort of mini, winning run anytime soon. If at all. Unless we call one possible win (v Cambridge?) a winning run![/quote']

Come on fellow Valiant, cheer up. It's the season of hope and good will. We have shown ( too infrequently I know ) that we can compete with anyone in this Division when all pull together. Time is ripe for the squad to gel before the reaper scythes away the deadbeats in January. I remain upbeat we will remain in the League.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Uche will probably bully our back line. I miss him.

Does anyone remember when he violated Doncaster's CB pairing of Rob Jones and Jamie McCombe? Made two experienced pros look silly all afternoon, honestly thought if Andoh hadn't got his awful injury and Uche hadn't been frozen out after his sending we could have done something that year.

This is simply a must win, the bottom 2 play each other this weekend also.

Cambridge have tightened up since Luton beat them 7 and seem to be a typical League 2 side , good on their day , awful on other days.

Given the fact after this until FGR away ( unless either in FA Cup ) 3 of the next 5 games are teams in the top 6 we simply have to sort our wretched home form out.

7 points from 10 home games is the worst in our division.

on the flip side Cambridge have only scored 4 away goals in their 10 games.

Won't be a classic but we have to find a way to win.

Uche will probably bully our back line. I miss him.

Does anyone remember when he violated Doncaster's CB pairing of Rob Jones and Jamie McCombe? Made two experienced pros look silly all afternoon, honestly thought if Andoh hadn't got his awful injury and Uche hadn't been frozen out after his sending we could have done something that year.

You could argue that Uche has gone backwards and ended up in League 2. However i agree Hagrid totally, the way he was jettisoned after what i considered to be a joke red card at Burton was baffling.

I liked him and was sorry when he went, still extremely raw and unpredictable.

Not looking forward to this. Just given how we're playing and the side that aspin keeps selecting I can't see us winning. If we start with Pugh, tongue and Kay in midfield I will stay at home, can't bare to watch them 3 together again

If he does pick those three again then I doubt he will be with us in January. What I liked about his first few games is that he brought a forward on when we were one up to counter the obvious onslaught from the opposition. We seem to have slipped back to all out defence of a one goal lead which is almost impossible to do.

Hopefully will have Whitfield back to replace Tonge or Pugh, just hope he also starts with another forward with Popey.

Archived