onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(Realistic) potential signings

Edge81

Advert

To those getting worried that we haven't signed anyone - the season only ended a few weeks ago, its a long summer.

True, but we were fortunate with our signings last summer when players like Tomlinson wouldn't sign and we picked up Neale.

Richards wouldn't sign and Pope started scoring for fun.

Can we be that lucky again?

Is he going to try to sign Griff? Personally, I hope not.

To those getting worried that we haven't signed anyone - the season only ended a few weeks ago, its a long summer.

Players (old and new) report back for the beginning of Adams pre-season training 5 weeks tomorrow. So, yeah, still plenty of time. However, I'd have thought that Adams would want the majority, if not all, of next season's squad to be there for the whole of his pre-seasons regime, so its not really a case that we've got until August to be making new signings.

I think some were hoping that we'd have already made a signing or two to boost season-ticket sales a bit further.

How do they get around the percentage spending rule??

I heard that Andrew Pilley (Fleetwood owner) rents out the office space at the club, to one of his own companys for an exorbitant amount of money. That then becomes classed as income for the club, & that's how they get around it? Or something along those lines.

I heard that Andrew Pilley (Fleetwood owner) rents out the office space at the club, to one of his own companys for an exorbitant amount of money. That then becomes classed as income for the club, & that's how they get around it? Or something along those lines.

MAYBE that's the way Wildes was intending to do things(only guessing)

True, but we were fortunate with our signings last summer when players like Tomlinson wouldn't sign and we picked up Neale.

Richards wouldn't sign and Pope started scoring for fun.

Can we be that lucky again?

Is he going to try to sign Griff? Personally, I hope not.

Unless they release him i think we would need to pay a fee,so with a small budget(according to MA) i doubt Adams will want to use money in that way.

I wouldn't get too worried about who we are going to sign as the players we have at the start of the season sometimes are completely different from the ones that finish the season

A squad is like an ever changing being re-inventing itself throughout the season with 2 transfer/loan windows that we add and take away different players depending on form, injuries and players who just don't cut the mustard

I have every faith in Micky to build a good side to compete in league 1 which has to be the ultimate target next season, lets get points on the board as quickly as possible and see where we are at Christmas to add to the squad in jan

Adams is like a panto villain. I never really know when he is being sarcastic or being serious. He is a game player and his comments about having a small budget could be to keep greedy agents and players on their toes.

Either way, Yeovil just got promoted on a small budget.

Archived