onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Also for UKIP supporters here:

Why is 250,000 new French immigrants seen as 'Britain is booming' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18234930

Where as bulgarians coming here is seen as 'Britain's soft touch' they add just as much to the economy if not more?

Why are eastern europeans singled out as being the problem, when western european immigrants such as french, italian and spanish come here and claim benefits too? Infact the amount they claim as a % is double that of eastern european immigrants http://statistics.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd1/adhoc_analysis/2012/nat_nino_regs.pdf see table 2.

Advert

Trust me JA, I hold no grudges or look for scapegoats and if you can point me in a direction that proves otherwise I would be grateful.

Brits...especially the apparently lazy ones

I embrace immigration as it adds to the quality, balance, skill set, tolerance of our communities.

I don't doubt that

The quantities of most European countries have increased depending on employment demands, if you go to Poland, the influx is from further East, in Africa from China and so on. The world's population moves, we are not in the slightest bit unique. We need a greater working population to contribute to the system.

I don't doubt that..it needs to be managed better though

I reiterate I did not insult the Brits, there are a percentage of WBP who will never work.
]

You did. there are undoubtedly a % of Poles who don't want to work so why make out Brits are worse

I see in my industry the rainbow of nationalities whose work ethic is far greater than that of my cultural peers.

Of course you do...those that make the effort to get here and find work can hardly be compared with those that don't who you will not see. I work with all manner of nationalities, colours, ethnicities, religions etc and they all work hard. Obnviously those that come from overseas and work here are not going to be those that are lazy and don't want to work..I don't see the Brits I work with working any less hard than anyone else

The reason I turned down job opportunities in Singapore and Hong Kong is because I don't want to work the hours that are expected in those countries, in my industry anyway.

If only I could go somewhere where I work less hours than i do here!!! 40 already this week and I'm working tomorrow and over the weekend..but I enjoy what I do so c'est la vie

It is the same people who argue against large scale immigration that argue against any immigration or multi-culturalism irrelevant of figures.

You cannot tar everyone who is against large scale immigration as being against all or against multiculturalism...whywould someone who advocates well managed immigration to allow in manageable numbers be against immigration? Clealry they are not as they are advocating it but want it better managed

Some folk just dislike others who are different to them.

Indeed they do..but not everyone who is against large scale immigration falls into that category

Of course the 250k per year who come to study is a large chunk of 'immigrants', but we forget about the massive contribution that makes to our economy.

There you go again with the insults..hose of us who advocate better managed immigration believe that it will also benefit those

"250K per year who come to study"...indeed neveryone who comes here will benefit form it being better managed

I

expect

no less

than

ten quotes

please, I was very disappointed

in your last effort.

Happy to oblige

Ok, lets try some dead simple maths.

The number of people (Mainly British citizens) have left Britain over the last 10 years far outweighs that of immigrants coming to Britain. What number is the problem?

This study shows a net inflow of people into the UK, but nobody knows what the "accurate/real" figures are.

http://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/long-term-international-migration-flows-and-uk

Out of interest, For Us All, what makes you think they will come here? Culturally, linguistically, geographically and their way of life, they have much more in common with Southern Europe. Surely they would move there, rather than to the UK?

Nobody really knows the numbers that may arrive and that is my main concern,if we can't control the numbers how can we plan for their arrival?

England,which is the most overpopulated place in Europe already, is expected to act as a host with no complaints and suffer in silence

The British people have every right to voice their opinions.

They are sick of being forced to accept something that has never been debated or approved by them.Is that Democracy?

It would be an improvement if they could show their feelings without every foreign Tom **** & Harry chucking in the racist accusations.

I see deportation of Abu Qatada has failed again

We should be proud that our courts stand up to govt and what is politically expedient..nothing to do with whether I think he should be deported or not but we should treasure such things

I realise you're fishing JA but what do you really think.

Don't you think people like Qatada help tarnish the image of immigrants and immigration in general.

This post is the same as all the others it starts well then ******* that don't live in the real world take over with % labelling people racists for standing up and voicing concerns go to London it's frightening I stopped 12 times to ask directions every person was foreign and didn't understand

This post is the same as all the others it starts well then ******* that don't live in the real world take over with % labelling people racists for standing up and voicing concerns go to London it's frightening I stopped 12 times to ask directions every person was foreign and didn't understand

Oh yeh dead scary them foriegners they eat babies you know. Its also a MASSIVE tourist attraction. Try using a map

I realise you're fishing JA but what do you really think.

Don't you think people like Qatada help tarnish the image of immigrants and immigration in general.

No i am not fishing..genuinely proud to see our courts standing up to politicians

Not in my eyes he doesn't...well aware that he is very much an exceptional case

Oh yeh dead scary them foriegners they eat babies you know. Its also a MASSIVE tourist attraction. Try using a map

I don't think he means that he was actually scared by the people he spoke to but he feared what was happening to our capital when all he spoke to did not speak English Not agreeing with him but trying to i hope clarify what the issue is for him

If you didn't spend half of your working week anally disecting forum posts I am sure you'd be an effective employee.

So cutting and insightful...rapier like in fact...I almost got to the point of caring

I am a very effective employee..you don't thrive at an American bank if you are not. My hours are what they are cos I work across three time zones (europe,asia and east coast) and so often have a verrryyyy long day indeed or have to stagger my day.

But of course feel free to comment on something that you know nothing about; it's easier than discussing the actual issue

Archived