onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Hardly blending in?

I love it when the anti-ims get on their high horse and emigrate to NZ, Spain or other non specific English speaking nation.

I wish the British had the Polish work ethic.

When did blending in come into this? It's about numbers

What has your second point got to do with anything? It's about numbers not the principle of immigration

Typical, now insult all Brits as having a poor work ethic..you've just insulted most of the people on this site. But I guess you don't include yourself?

Advert

I have nothing against immigration as long as it's controlled but in the last 15 years we have let every man and his dog in.The Home Office and the UK Border Agency have not been fit for pupose and we are now in a situation where we have thousands of illegal immigrants,who we can't deport,wandering around the country.No one seems to know the numbers but they estimate that it will take 24 years to clear the backlog?.If we can't control numbers coming in,simply because we are in the EU,we are better off out of it.In simple terms,the EU doesn't act in the best interests of the UK.

Doesn't the UK, as a global leader in industry and commerce, require people with different language skills. Isn't cultural diversity the very thing that attracts business to the UK. It certainly was the deciding factor in convincing the IOC to allow London to host the Olympics.

Farage is a populist loon, and his collaboration with right wing nationlists groups across Europe if frightening.

Doesn't the UK, as a global leader in industry and commerce, require people with different language skills. Isn't cultural diversity the very thing that attracts business to the UK. .

All true..but it still has to be well managed for the benefit of this country and all the people here..for a number of years that has not been the case

The e-petition 'Stop mass immigration from Bulgarian and Romanians in 2014, when EU restrictions on immigration are relaxed.' has reached 140,058 signatures and a response has been made to it.

Out of interest, For Us All, what makes you think they will come here? Culturally, linguistically, geographically and their way of life, they have much more in common with Southern Europe. Surely they would move there, rather than to the UK?

When did blending in come into this? It's about numbers

What has your second point got to do with anything? It's about numbers not the principle of immigration

Typical, now insult all Brits as having a poor work ethic..you've just insulted most of the people on this site. But I guess you don't include yourself?

Immigration is always used as a finger pointing exercise by those wanting to find simplistic 'answers'. My comments are wrapped in the larger issue of how people view immigration. I am sorry that was lost on you.

I'm not insulting all the Brits, just the lazy ones ironically who in large numbers seem to blame immigration as a downfall for them not getting work.

My work ethic is work to support myself and my family however I work hard at enjoying life whilst trying not to hold a million grudges and scapegoats.

Farage is a vile slime-piece who makes a healthy living from everything he despises.

The Labour Party maintained control over decision making on English matters in Parliament using Scottish MPs at a time when there was devolved government in Scotland. Its leaders started at least one war on false pretences and the one in mind has made the Middle East far less stable. It had an open door policy on immigration deliberately to attract people who vote for it. On the other hand Cameron lied over the Lisbon Treaty and Clegg and the Liberals will take up any position that is popular to court election. They are not trustworthy on this issue, and certainly in the EU elections in 2014 I hope they get a UKIP cannon ball.

The facts are that immigrants make a net contribution to the economy and less than 10% claim benefits. Give a population that is getting older we need people to come here who are economically active. We also need to attract skills and we are not doing enough of that. So I am not against immigration, but it must be properly managed and it has not been.

Immigration is always used as a finger pointing exercise by those wanting to find simplistic 'answers'. My comments are wrapped in the larger issue of how people view immigration. I am sorry that was lost on you.

Oops I've been busted..I thought you were ignoring me :blush:

Wasn't lost on me at all..the main issue is numbers and non-management of them which is the underlying cause of the finger pointing..not immigration per se..the overwhelming majority have no issue with immigration but of those that do have a problem mainly it's to do with poorly managed immigration.

I'm not insulting all the Brits, just the lazy ones ironically who in large numbers seem to blame immigration as a downfall for them not getting work.

You did..you said you wished that Brits ahd the same work ethic as Poles..you suggesting there are no lazy Poles who don't want to work?

So those that blame immigration for not getting work are just lazy and looking for an excuse? Unbelievable. What about those who genuinely cannot get work because of immigration? How do we know who is lazy and who isn't..I doubt that we do.

My work ethic is work to support myself and my family however I work hard at enjoying life whilst trying not to hold a million grudges and scapegoats.

Re grudges and scapegoats, doesn't come across that way..but if you say so. My work ethic is to simply work hard and do a good job in the hope that supports my family, me and wider society

Farage is a vile slime-piece who makes a healthy living from everything he despises.

Must admit I have no time for him but not for those reasons

Doesn't the UK, as a global leader in industry and commerce, require people with different language skills. Isn't cultural diversity the very thing that attracts business to the UK. It certainly was the deciding factor in convincing the IOC to allow London to host the Olympics.

Farage is a populist loon, and his collaboration with right wing nationlists groups across Europe if frightening.

I doubt its cultual diversity that attracts business to the UK, it is more likely the skills and entreprenurial spirit of some of its people trained by some of the best Universities in the world. There are still niches in the UK where the UK is at the leading edge in science/engineering manufacturing but even these continue to go by the wayside. The decline in British manufacturing industry since the Thatcher era is alaming and very sad and when I compare the UK of the 70's, when I graduated with now, its hard to see Britain as a global leader in industry/manufacturing although there are still the niches.

Britain won't improve or even maintain its manufacturing base by continued uncontrolled immigration of many unskilled people, it needs a strong mixed economy not one dominated by the service and finance sectors.

I doubt its cultual diversity that attracts business to the UK, it is more likely the skills and entreprenurial spirit of some of its people trained by some of the best Universities in the world. .

Plus a sense of a lack of corruption, tough but fair regulation, openness, an infrastructure that can support business, a flexible hard working labour force, good communications, a govt that supports business rather than exploit it, access to funding, local govt that welcomes business and so on.

Trust me JA, I hold no grudges or look for scapegoats and if you can point me in a direction that proves otherwise I would be grateful. I embrace immigration as it adds to the quality, balance, skill set, tolerance of our communities.

The quantities of most European countries have increased depending on employment demands, if you go to Poland, the influx is from further East, in Africa from China and so on. The world's population moves, we are not in the slightest bit unique. We need a greater working population to contribute to the system.

I reiterate I did not insult the Brits, there are a percentage of WBP who will never work. I see in my industry the rainbow of nationalities whose work ethic is far greater than that of my cultural peers. The reason I turned down job opportunities in Singapore and Hong Kong is because I don't want to work the hours that are expected in those countries, in my industry anyway.

It is the same people who argue against large scale immigration that argue against any immigration or multi-culturalism irrelevant of figures. Some folk just dislike others who are different to them. Of course the 250k per year who come to study is a large chunk of 'immigrants', but we forget about the massive contribution that makes to our economy.

I expect no less than ten quotes please, I was very disappointed in your last effort.

It's a myth that we spend too much on public services? How are we $1 trillion in debt then? How is it we have a borrowing of 7.8% of GDP last year which was down from 11% (worse than Greece) in 2010?

This is my problem with the far left, they have no financial management ability at all. They want to take all your money to fuel a bloated public sector that runs at a loss all the time.

The point being they are exactly that public services they are not designed nor should be profit making organisations. Look at the mess of the rail system now and in real terms costs the tax payer more than the tax funded british rail that preceded it. Banking used to be a public service (like it should be). Look at the state of the banking industry now! Its banking and the richest in society that have caused this mess and succesfully blamed it on the benefits system, immigrants and the poor. The poor won't vote because the electrol roll is shared with debt agencies.

I'm not saying there arn't problems with the immigration and benefits systems but many of those factors are external (such as house prices).

Archived