onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Advert

UKIP taxation policy.

Personal allowance of £11,500.

After that, flat rate of income tax of 31%.

Really?

The simplification of the taxation system including flat rate taxes is a solution that has been adopted successfully to promote growth in a number of countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_tax

One of the biggest handicaps to recovery in the UK is the complexity of taxes including income tax, national insurance and corporation tax. In the case of corporation tax this is being addressed internationally because clearly the methodology is allowing companies to manage to the lowest place of tax rather than pay fair share at source.

Further proof that we are not unique in the immigration / emigration picture. All the largest countries in Europe have had the fair share, albeit the UK last year peaked up a bit:

http://fullfact.org/factchecks/Britain_immigration_Europe-28757

As London is the financial centre of Europe (and the largest capital), many of these people would come here for employment. Other European countries have a higher percentage immigration rate than the larger ones.

The issue for me is that people are happy for 'similar immigrants', ie white, English speaking, similar culture; NZ, Australians, Canadians, US etc but dislike different cultures, foreign speaking, low paid immigrants. This was highlighted on a radio program last week and made very interesting listening.

If the statistics of gross immigration is 500k or 50k it seems the same people don't like it. It is a global pattern and it's never going to change, you either embrace it or let it get you down.

Sure the services are coming under pressure but that is a sad indictment of the services and the state they are in. Were these services any better a few years ago? The governments solution is to decrease the investment in public spending making the whole situation worse. Would it not be better to improve the increase and improve the key services (health, schooling, housing). Unfortunately immigration will always be the lowest common denominator, it always has been.

John James I'm far from ignorant people like you are that bury their head and can't or won't accept that there is major problems with immigration in this once great country. The country is full. END OF

I'd love to see some proof of us being "full" as there are skills shortages in a number of professions.

John James I'm far from ignorant people like you are that bury their head and can't or won't accept that there is major problems with immigration in this once great country. The country is full. END OF

The major problem is with lazy English people who won't work or accept jobs that are beneath them. We then employ foriegn labour to do those jobs.

Given the last time I went to London I was in a pub in Southwark full of white Londoners talking in a London accent your statement about no English speakers in London is obviously wrong. You ought to get out more

It's a myth that we spend too much on public services? How are we $1 trillion in debt then? How is it we have a borrowing of 7.8% of GDP last year which was down from 11% (worse than Greece) in 2010?

This is my problem with the far left, they have no financial management ability at all. They want to take all your money to fuel a bloated public sector that runs at a loss all the time.

Last December, the National Audit Office published a second report into the costs of the bail-out. That report concluded:

The scale of the support currently provided to UK banks has fallen from a peak of £955bn to £512bn, but the amount of cash currently borrowed by the government to support banks has risen by £7bn [to a total of £124bn] since December 2009.

When did we last have a far left Government I must have missed that one?

The major problem is with lazy English people who won't work or accept jobs that are beneath them. We then employ foriegn labour to do those jobs.

Given the last time I went to London I was in a pub in Southwark full of white Londoners talking in a London accent your statement about no English speakers in London is obviously wrong. You ought to get out more

Every country has a percentage of its population that are "lazy", the issue with immigation is that its too easy for some EU and non-EU people to come to the UK and take advantage of the generous benefits system, that''s why a points based system or a system which only lets people claim benefits in the UK until thay've made a certain level of contributions is the way forward.

Although a little off topic I remember reading an article on the BBC webpage a year or so ago highlighting a Spaniard who came to the UK to study at University and claimed loans from the British government to pay for fees etc. After graduating the person retuned to Spain to a new addess and with no intention of repaying the loan saying "Well the British government haven't contacted me to repay the money". The article claimed the UK government was owed over 400 odd million pounds in such loans by EU nationals that remained unpaid. This typeoof situation obviously needs to change.

But that's the problem, we should be cherry picking who is allowed in , similar to the aussies, you either pay your own way, have a skill we require or sod off!

Spot on.

We currently don't seem capable of controlling the numbers and the quality of the people coming in. Bulgaria and Romania are among the most corrupt EU nations and share porous borders with equally murderous regimes and once we offer full working and welfare rights,we open the door to a crime risk we are incapable of fighting.

The countries were almost barred from joining the EU in 2007 because of mafia-style atrocities.They were given time to clean up

their acts but have still failed to put gangsters behind bars.

Our vetting procedures must be drastically improved to bring us in line with countries like the USA and Australia.

Archived