onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Purse

Advert

I was talking to Purse's mate at Oxford last week, apparently, he's on a good wedge at the Vale and that is the reason he signed. Maybe, just maybe, players are a little bit peeved at someone getting more money than them, especially as they started off the season not knowing when they were going to get paid if at all !! Remember, when we were in admin, before the new owners arrived and new players were signed, the team fought and scrapped for every ball putting themselves in the shop window, just in case, but by doing that we have the tremendous start we had. Looking back, has complacency set in now they have contracts or has the signing of the new players upset a happy ship ?? Either way, I know if I was doing a job and someone was bought in to do the same job, on more money, I would be a little upset to say the least !!! And for what its worth, after Purse's first game at Gillingham where I thought he was outstanding, I don't think he has been the player I thought he would be ! :mad:

I'm sure the lad's who came in are being paid well, it's now up to the lad's who were here at the start of the season to prove they are worth a pay rise. Tom Pope has signed a new contract since Hughes came in so if the others work as hard and show their worth i'm sure they'll get the same

People can read into it what they will but to me the change in form seems to have a distinct correlation with new ownership, more money and new players on better deals as well as more selection choice for the manager

I agree but who would have thought we'd be as poor as we are?

It's too much of a decline to be a 'blip' as Micky stated before Saturday.

Pope has been affected the most imo.

JMW and Vincent were going through a bad spell Christmas onwards anyway.

It looks to an outsider that the team is not united and 'fighting' for each other as in the first 30 games.

I think its a combination of things, new players, systems, lack of form, confidence etc, etc.

Lets hope it changes, I'd personally go back to the 'old' team tonight, give it one last roll of the dice so to speak

Neal

Yates/ Duffy/ McCombe/ Taylor

JMW/ Morsy/ Burge/ Vincent

Dodds/ Pope

I agree but who would have thought we'd be as poor as we are?

It's too much of a decline to be a 'blip' as Micky stated before Saturday.

Pope has been affected the most imo.

JMW and Vincent were going through a bad spell Christmas onwards anyway.

It looks to an outsider that the team is not united and 'fighting' for each other as in the first 30 games.

I think its a combination of things, new players, systems, lack of form, confidence etc, etc.

Lets hope it changes, I'd personally go back to the 'old' team tonight, give it one last roll of the dice so to speak

Neal

Yates/ Duffy/ McCombe/ Taylor

JMW/ Morsy/ Burge/ Vincent

Dodds/ Pope

Sensible alert. Good call, but the old team would have Duffy at RB, Chilvs at CB and Yates LB wouldnt it? Agree with your sentiments entirely. Give the Gas a load of first half grief, go 2 up and then tighten it second half and bring the Griffs of this world on?

Sensible alert. Good call, but the old team would have Duffy at RB, Chilvs at CB and Yates LB wouldnt it? Agree with your sentiments entirely. Give the Gas a load of first half grief, go 2 up and then tighten it second half and bring the Griffs of this world on?

I've no issues with Chilvers at the back, just thought Duffy may offer a little more pace?

I do hope we win tonight:(

Purse is a model pro. Can't see him doing anything less than giving 100%. Maybe it's just his 36 year old legs can't cope with 2 games a week?

I thought he looked a bit tired on Saturday,too many long balls out.He would still be the first on the team sheet at CB if he feels fit enough.If not Duffy and Chilvers/Davis.

Why do you keep going on about Adams's salary then?

This is a completely different context, and you know it. You are one of the people I was referring to on the other thread. More interested in trying to "get one up" on someone you don't like, rather than debating sensibly. You can go on ignore with the rest of the WUMs.

I think that the big change is the distribution of the ball he is always sending it route one which is leaving our strikers flicking it on 30 yards out not where we want the likes of Pope or Hughes, with other center halves we have been playing it through the park on the wings and through the middle which was allowing a lot more of our players to be involved in the attacks as it was built. He has to be dropped I work in West Brom and a lot of views of him from a range of clubs supporters he's just a lump it forward defender. I would like to know what our passing stats are since he has joined are. He's got to be dropped!

I think that the big change is the distribution of the ball he is always sending it route one which is leaving our strikers flicking it on 30 yards out not where we want the likes of Pope or Hughes, with other center halves we have been playing it through the park on the wings and through the middle which was allowing a lot more of our players to be involved in the attacks as it was built. He has to be dropped I work in West Brom and a lot of views of him from a range of clubs supporters he's just a lump it forward defender. I would like to know what our passing stats are since he has joined are. He's got to be dropped!

Lump it forward ? He must be like all the centre backs signed by Adams then ?

Agree with you on Purse

but surely you cannot say the other center backs we have been playing it throughmidfield ?

McCombe Chilvers Macdonald Owen are the worst footballing

center backs ive ever seen at the Vale in 40 years of watching.

The only time its passed to midfield is when Morsy or Burge or [ Roberts ]

drop back and take it from them.

Archived