onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Wildes on Twitter

Mr Carter

Advert

dont need new players till end of season rest some of the team now bring players of the bench if they are out of contract at end of season they should be trying to get anew one by getting vale up or making other clubs look at them

Honestly I don't think it matters if we sign anyone anyway, Andrew will still be first name on the team sheet.

Is there any room on the bench for more of Mickeys mates?? - if the recent trend continues on Tues we may need to refer to last seasons Sheff Weds promotion model where they made a decisive move ref Megson/ Jones which subsequently clinched Weds promotion.:yes:

Why wouldn't you?we are 2nd in the league and looked good all season bar 2 dodgy patches' date=' one of which we are in now.please just see the bigger picture.we are 1 win away from being top of the league.fans going over board is not going to help the cause.[/quote']

That's not the point though is it, signings arnt the answer Adams has had money to get the players he wants and at present they are not performing. We now have a big squad with no injuries, suspensions and certainly no excusses now!!!

If we can bring in a winger and central midfielder on loan that can better us while some players are out of form or suffering from lack of fitness the it can only be a positive.

However as great as Adams is man-management wise and motivationally etc, he is very stubborn and tactically poor....and this is what needs to change.

Yesterday we were the better team till the subs which were tactically wrong, however at home we have been over ran in midfield for weeks on end and occasionally away despite having a scout telling us teams are going to come and play 5 across the midfield. With the wingers being poor and the new system not working we need to resort to the old system with a few personnel changes. For the rest of the season id be looking at playing:

Neal

Duffy -Purse - Chilvers/Boom - Jones

JMW/New Winger - Burge - Morsy/New CM - Loft

Dodds

Pope

However if Pope doesnt start scoring soon id start Hughes over him

Yes it's been popes strike partners that have made him hit the bar : post and made him scuff at chances.

JJJ do you think that Popey is to blame for him not scoring as many goals. I'm not blaming his so called Strike partner's, I'm saying that in playing 2 up front we are sacrificing the midfield which is costing us as teams come to Vale play 3 across the midfield and we get overrun. I think we need to get 3 across the middle and play either both wingers or use Williamson as a winger.

We have gone a bit flat of late and could do with a couple of decent loan signings to freshen things up.I'd go for a midfielder,someone like Richie Wellens who can't get a game at Leicester and is likely to be released at the end of the season plus a winger.

We have gone a bit flat of late and could do with a couple of decent loan signings to freshen things up.I'd go for a midfielder,someone like Richie Wellens who can't get a game at Leicester and is likely to be released at the end of the season plus a winger.

I was gong to mention Wellens,he would be a quality loan signing and i agree that maybe another winger could be on the list too.

disagree about the signings already made Tim. It's the poor form of the wingers and the fact that our tactics have been found out unfortunately tactics are not ma strong point

So Calvin Andrew is a quality signing? Birchall may as well still be in the States, Chilvers is non league standard, Hughes brinfs goals but seems to have uoset Popey in taking his role, Purse is experienced but made a couple of clangers in last two games.

So Calvin Andrew is a quality signing? Birchall may as well still be in the States, Chilvers is non league standard, Hughes brinfs goals but seems to have uoset Popey in taking his role, Purse is experienced but made a couple of clangers in last two games.

Chilvers is much better than McCombe. For the 2 errors Purse has made he has shored up the defence. Have you not noticed since McCombe is back in the team we have started conceding goals again?

I agree but I don't like this assumption that Hughes has taken popes goals, yet pope has played with Williamson and Andrew and still failed to score. It has nothing to do with Hughes.

Archived