onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Wildes on Twitter

Mr Carter

Fast winger who can cross from the byline, and a midfield general. Can but dream, they cost a fortune.

Snap! Said to my cousin today that we do lack someone who can win the ball in midfield and control the team from the bowls of the field.

Advert

The Tinker man (Micky) is at it again, what got us to 2nd? The answer; pretty much the same starting eleven every single week, was it nearly 12 games without a change at 1 point?

What does CalvinAndrew bring to the side? Nowt, what does JMW bring to the side... Greed at present.. Macca is a liability I cold go on...

Calvin does some good defensive work, didn't take long for them to score after he had gone off today.

Calvin does some good defensive work, didn't take long for them to score after he had gone off today.

id say more like a coincedence.

anyway i think its a great move,to help the push.wildes n smurf r helpin micky n pvfc more than we have ever have,now we need to go get a experienced center mid. and a winger.

prob end up with another bench warmer as andrew continues to play.

A bit of bolstering, that's what we need? Just like the last bit of bolstering - which made us more **** and probably cost a fortune. We have the personel - back to basics. Get the players right mentally, get Adams right mentally, get the system right and put your cheque book away Mr Wildes If this lot get their ***** in gear and play to the ability we KNOW they have we'll be champions.

I wouldn't trust Adams with a single penny of my money. He's made the signings he wants now he needs to earn his coin and get them signings performing. Why make signings if he's only gonna start with Andrews anyway!!! And why waste money on Birchall?

Why wouldn't you?we are 2nd in the league and looked good all season bar 2 dodgy patches, one of which we are in now.please just see the bigger picture.we are 1 win away from being top of the league.fans going over board is not going to help the cause.

The dodgy spell we're in is not just about tactics, key players aren't performing, the same players that were nailing it until recently. Popey hadn't just stopped scoring he isn't playing well at the moment, against Exeter he never came short for the ball and linked play up he just hung on the last defenders shoulder. The way he was playing is integral to how well we did earlier in the season. Both wingers aren't doing at the moment too and then finally there centre midfield. I'm beginning to think Lofty just ain't good enough to play in the centre with two wingers. We have been getting overun in midfield all season but it didn't matter cuz just scored at will, now that's dried up it's now apparent we need a really strong midfield pairing or a change away from two out and out wingers....

Are new signings the answer? Or could it be tactics?

Well we played better and were winning prior to January's signings so maybe he should concentrate on his tactics and save the gaffer some dough. Not the answer in my opinion.

panic buys are not what we need. Adams needs to swallow his pride and revert to the team that got us where we were. Some of his last bolstering signings arent good enough and have made us worse why should a few more reverse that?

disagree about the signings already made Tim. It's the poor form of the wingers and the fact that our tactics have been found out unfortunately tactics are not ma strong point

I think some people are going over the top here. At the start of the season we didn't even know if there was going to be a Port Vale and were sitting 2nd in the table come March with Tom Pope top goal scorer (If we were honest any one of us would have taken that last August). Think people need to look at the season as a whole then reflect. Im happy that we still have a club and were in an amazing position to go up automatically so a recent dip in form does not worry me and I'm sure it will turn around pretty soon with 11 to go. As for the Bradford Game I would go with:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Yates

JMW

Burge

Loft

Jones (think he could offer something going forward and also give that defensive cover)

Williamson

Pope

Why let Adams waste more money on signings that are pointless, hopeless and futile, the names Birchall and Andrew and Hughes come to mind. The current players got us to the top of the table, it has nothing to do with the players, it is about time Adams did what he's paid handsomely for and that is to MANAGE!

Archived