onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Wildes on Twitter

Mr Carter

Advert

Why let Adams waste more money on signings that are pointless, hopeless and futile, the names Birchall and Andrew and Hughes come to mind. The current players got us to the top of the table, it has nothing to do with the players, it is about time Adams did what he's paid handsomely for and that is to MANAGE!

Yeh 4 goals in 6 starts for Hughes. What a poor signing

I think some people are going over the top here. At the start of the season we didn't even know if there was going to be a Port Vale and were sitting 2nd in the table come March with Tom Pope top goal scorer (If we were honest any one of us would have taken that last August). Think people need to look at the season as a whole then reflect. Im happy that we still have a club and were in an amazing position to go up automatically so a recent dip in form does not worry me and I'm sure it will turn around pretty soon with 11 to go. As for the Bradford Game I would go with:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Yates

JMW

Burge

Loft

Jones (think he could offer something going forward and also give that defensive cover)

Williamson

Pope

I agree with people going over the top but I think it's down to everyone believing that if we don't go up at this stage we never will. I never thought we'd be in this positon so have to keep telling myself to get a reality check after a defeat.

We need to sort this dip in form out in-house and not bring anyone else in - they all just need to be sat down as they were during our last dip in form and have it out individually. The issue is clearly their mental strength as we've seen this team destroy many at a canter this season.

Money needs to be saved in the event we do go up as we'd need some serious strengthening in the summer.

The wingers were our strength and got us where we are, but they have lost their sharpness. No one is good enough in midfield or up front if we carry two passengers out wide. Surely Micky you need to change the plan as we have no replacements, nor at this stage of the season do I expect loanees to come in and hit the ground running.

Are new signings the answer? Or could it be tactics?

Well we played better and were winning prior to January's signings so maybe he should concentrate on his tactics and save the gaffer some dough. Not the answer in my opinion.

Originally we hit lucky with tactics, because due to admin we had to set up around who we had available. Now we need a change, it needs to be from the manager as we have numerous options available. The last few games we have reverted back to one dimensional 4-4-2 which we used to play, and plan B was to throw on all the subs, with very little structure to the side and go 'hail Mary'!

I tend to agree with Tim. The team that got us to where we were at the end of December had done well. I think Purse has been a good signing but i almost think we are trying to accomodate Hughes/Andrew when it seem to me that Pope is better on his own with support from a midfielder like Dodds. Just recently at home we seem to get overrun in midfield. Teams come to Vale and set up with 3 midfielders.

The wingers earlier in the season got more time and space because we dominated the midfield better than we do now. Pope got better service and so he scored more goals. We are trying to play with 2 strikers now. When Popey was with Marc Richards last year he didn't score many goals then. We need to revert to him on his own ijn my humble opinion.

It's a funny old game. When the squad was threadbare and MA had little choice as to what team to field and sometimes struggled to fill the bench, we kept winning. Now he has a larger squad to choose from, things have gone pear-shaped. Most people seem to think the signings of Purse, Jones, Birchall, Andrew and Hughes have improved us. I'm in a minority, but I don't think so. I hope his next lot don't prove to be even more disruptive. A central defender to go with Purse, is all I'd look for.

I think some people are going over the top here. At the start of the season we didn't even know if there was going to be a Port Vale and were sitting 2nd in the table come March with Tom Pope top goal scorer (If we were honest any one of us would have taken that last August). Think people need to look at the season as a whole then reflect. Im happy that we still have a club and were in an amazing position to go up automatically so a recent dip in form does not worry me and I'm sure it will turn around pretty soon with 11 to go. As for the Bradford Game I would go with:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Yates

JMW

Burge

Loft

Jones (think he could offer something going forward and also give that defensive cover)

Williamson

Pope

I would try suker in stead of jmw ,morsey/birchell in for loft, as jmw and loft both out of form .

It's a funny old game. When the squad was threadbare and MA had little choice as to what team to field and sometimes struggled to fill the bench, we kept winning. Now he has a larger squad to choose from, things have gone pear-shaped. Most people seem to think the signings of Purse, Jones, Birchall, Andrew and Hughes have improved us. I'm in a minority, but I don't think so. I hope his next lot don't prove to be even more disruptive. A central defender to go with Purse, is all I'd look for.

Jones, purse and Hughes have improved us. Having better players available isn't a bad thing. The problem is that you need to know what tactics to play when the old tactics are 'found out' or certain players lose form such as the wingers.

I tend to agree with Tim. The team that got us to where we were at the end of December had done well. I think Purse has been a good signing but i almost think we are trying to accomodate Hughes/Andrew when it seem to me that Pope is better on his own with support from a midfielder like Dodds. Just recently at home we seem to get overrun in midfield. Teams come to Vale and set up with 3 midfielders.

The wingers earlier in the season got more time and space because we dominated the midfield better than we do now. Pope got better service and so he scored more goals. We are trying to play with 2 strikers now. When Popey was with Marc Richards last year he didn't score many goals then. We need to revert to him on his own ijn my humble opinion.

Yes it's been popes strike partners that have made him hit the bar : post and made him scuff at chances.

Archived