onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change of formation at home?

For Us All

It seems pretty obvious by now that the current formation we play at home is not working.Teams are coming to Vale Park with the intention of packing the midfield and restricting our possession.We have already lost five home games and cannot afford to lose many more.Do we stick with the current set-up which works so well away,or do we need to try to do something different?

Views and opinions please.

Advert

Neal

Yates Duffy Purse Jones

JMW Morsy Burge Loft

Dodds

Pope / Hughes (maybe its time to give tom a rest, he's played pretty much every minute of every game this season!

I'd agree with this - although maybe swap JMW for Shuker. I say this because Shuker has always played as a winger so I'd like to see him given a chance there. Plus with Shuker and Loft on the wings they are more likely to track back therefore allowing Yates and Jones to be the attacking full backs that they are and go on the overlap - the best part about Yates' game that, playing with JMW, he hasn't been able to do

Vincent and JMW were awesome at the start of the season but have gone off the boil. Trouble is, it seems, is that we don't have any cover for their positions in Adams' eyes (which makes me question why we didn't get any and got Hughes/Andrew instead)

Also strange that I got slated for saying he shoudnt start against Exeter after the Torquay game, but there we go.

The ball hit his backside which was a genius move and therefore you know nothing. How dare you have an opinion on who should play. Don't you know there are only certain players you can slate each year that the disciples allow (Rico, Hughes etc). In Micky we trust!

Team for me from now on should be:

Neal

Duffy

Mccombe

Purse

Loft

JMW

Morsy

Burge

Jones

Dodds

Pope

Jones should replace Vincent on the wing as he has been out of form for months now and Jones actually has the confidence to take players on and can cross! Loft reverted to LB as i thought he was good there in the first place and Morsys fight in midfield is badly needed! Dodds back in the hole to be that creative spark and can drop into midfield to help out in scrappy games. Pope could maybe be given a rest but i think going back to how we were playing earlier on in the season and whippin balls in for him, the goals will be flying in once again. Come on Micky realise this! Keep the Faith!!!

Neal

Duffy, Chilvers, Purse, Jones

Birchall, Morsy, Dodds, Burge, Loft

Pope

4-5-1 with Dodds pushing on to play 'in the hole'

Hughes, Vincent, JMW all on the bench.

Said same on the match thread yesterday, would vary between Birchall and JMW depending on opposition at VP.

Archived