onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

why all the negativity on here??

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

strange people with strange mindsets on here,most spreading gloom and despondency, a few with a positive outlook on life in general and football in particular do attempt to brighten the forum but at present the desponds have it and even a win does little to remove the black cloud of gloom that hangs over this forum,perhaps it needs shutting down, anyone agree eh?.

ok so, why all the negativity just lately, were second in the league which i dare say ANYONE wouldve taken on here at the beginning of the season compared to the last 5 or 6. ive noticed alot of moaning about certain players namely vincent hughes and mcdonald, albeit the latter having been moved on for the time being. Vincent for me was playing a starring role in the side up until he got that bug over christmas and admittedly has struggled for form since but we were winning games with him in the side and i think hes a great asset to this club. hughes has a lot of skeletons in his closet but hes a proven goalscorer in league 1 nevermind league 2 so we cant argue about him, now cant we all just cheer the team on at the next home game and quit all the bad vibes, the team needs us to roar them on to promotion !!

on another note i would like to see hughes maybe come off the bench for a couple of games and let that pope/williamson partnership blossom. i feel it has a future.

Or Pope/Dodds. Saturday was one of those days and we'll have a few more before we gain automatic promotion.

ok so, why all the negativity just lately, were second in the league which i dare say ANYONE wouldve taken on here at the beginning of the season compared to the last 5 or 6. ive noticed alot of moaning about certain players namely vincent hughes and mcdonald, albeit the latter having been moved on for the time being. Vincent for me was playing a starring role in the side up until he got that bug over christmas and admittedly has struggled for form since but we were winning games with him in the side and i think hes a great asset to this club. hughes has a lot of skeletons in his closet but hes a proven goalscorer in league 1 nevermind league 2 so we cant argue about him, now cant we all just cheer the team on at the next home game and quit all the bad vibes, the team needs us to roar them on to promotion !!

What bad vibes? What negativity?... its all to do with opinion, just because someone doesnt agree with yours it doesnt mean its negative... it just means they have a different opinion... some people comment player X had a good game others disagree... it doesnt mean they were watching a different game it simply means they saw it differently... its not negative... its opinion. If 5,000 people watch a match there will probably be 5,000 different opinions about something during the 2 hours spent there... thats what makes people and message boards interesting. Just think how boring life would be if everyone was the same. same opinion, same clothes, same jobs, same lives.... sheep by another name.

Consider how internet forums would appear...

We won [400 thumbs up]

I agree [400 thumbs up]

Thread closed

A large percentage of the enjoyment for some people is comparing their team selections, comparing the managers with their own choices, discussing tactics etc.... thats part of the passion for the game

Isnt that negative?.... its not what the manager seems to think is it?.... cant we all just turn up and roar them on?...

I started to get a little exasperated with the negativity myself but then I thought about it; we're just used to things going wrong and are bound to be a bit cynical! Over the past decade+ everything we have been promised has been at best based on false hope (most of it pure fabrication by the powers that be). To say we have had a few false dawns would be an understatement.

It is also entirely foreseeable that we would get a bit edgey under pressure that we are not used to. The whole promotion thing has been a bit of a mystery to us for some time now and the feeling is both alien and nerve wracking! We should be enjoying it but for me it's a bit like taking exams- no one enjoys the process, it's a case of hoping for the best possible outcome. Unlike exams, we as individuals have no control over the situation and we just have to trust the people that are in the driving seat- the manager, his staff and the players. They got us this far and MA is experienced enough to help the lads push on.

It's going to be an interesting couple of months- keep the faith

Refusing to rest on your lorrals is not being negative. It's about raising the bar and with that come raising expectations. Man utd are top but if they lost 1 - 0 at home to a 10 man Wigan side would Alex ferguson accept that? He wouldn't but it doesn't mean that he is being negative if he gives his players a roasting

Archived