onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

why all the negativity on here??

RayWalkers40yarder

Wow what a thread, calm down folks and enjoy the rollercoaster ride ahead, I came away from the Wimbledon game on cloud 9 saying we are steam rolling this now, 2 games later and im knocked off that cloud, yeah im one of those that vale losing can ruin my weekend but im not panicking a league 2 team has never and will never win every game we are still in a great position to go up and after everything we've all been through the last few years lets get behind the lads and enjoy the next couple of months.

Advert

The reason for this negativity is probably because people are getting nervous that the other teams will catch us and we end up in the playoffs.

A lot of the comments have been pretty constructive--not negative for the sake of it. Of course we're not going to win every game, but that doesn't mean having an objective view on team selection/tactics is necessarily negative.

Think its more of people getting a tad nervous,what did old whisky nose call it?.."squeeky bum time"!

I reckon we are more than capable of goin torquay and gettin 3pts & same tuesday nyt. only issue for tuesday is a slow soggy pitch and a park the bus away tactic. so need quick football. 1-2 touch in the main. like we r pretty good at.

the pitch really does need sorting..eventually..as when ive played on similiar pitches,it stops u in your tracks,like running in glue.

26 points points from 14 games should do it and that's the title

So that's 8 wins and 2 draws 4 defeats.

We have had our barren run in front of goal expect to c the ball flying in very soon as normal service is resumed ,why u may ask .

64 in 32 One

Two Hughes ,Pope ,Williamson ,Dodds ,Myrie Williams ,Vincent ,Purse,Mccombe ,Morsy ,Burge , Jones,Loft,Shuker ,Johnson ( Sam that is )Duffy have all got a goal in them .

Three we r a team who have played the best football in the league all season ( so justice will be served and Vale will gain promotion).

Four The best manager out of the premier league

Five the best supporters in the league may be smallish In size (5/5000) but big in heart !

Finish the job super Vale !

Best manager outside the premier league? Bit of an exaggeration there...

Expectation is the root of all heartache.

Some people obviously have too high expectations from their football club. Also, some people put too much of their life into their football team so when their team loses at the weekend their whole world is black for a week. The only way to brighten their week is for them to offer their expert views into what the messiah has got wrong and how they could have done it so much better if only life had thrown them a bone and given them a chance. The only cure which is hard to administer is to ignore these glass half empty deadbeat downtrodden souls. It is too late for them, save yourself.

Top avatar, top post. The irrational souls on here need to be made to feel silly, and you've done that. The overreaction since the Morecambe defeat is beyond anything I've ever known from Vale fans, and that's saying a lot!

Best manager outside the premier league? Bit of an exaggeration there...

I liked the fact that Sam johnson has a 'goal in him' being one of the positives the best. Hopefully he will build on that penalty shoot out kick and make a few forward runs next time he plays.

Misery loves company

You won't be short of it on here.

When was your last positive post on anything at all? I've looked and can't find one.

You mean to say that you are actually sad enough to trawl through 567 previous posts to prove a point (which was wrong by the way)?

Who is the real 'deadbeat downtrodden soul' ? ;)

Expectation is the root of all heartache.

Some people obviously have too high expectations from their football club. Also, some people put too much of their life into their football team so when their team loses at the weekend their whole world is black for a week. The only way to brighten their week is for them to offer their expert views into what the messiah has got wrong and how they could have done it so much better if only life had thrown them a bone and given them a chance. The only cure which is hard to administer is to ignore these glass half empty deadbeat downtrodden souls. It is too late for them, save yourself.

I sense that I am amongst the fans who you claim to be on the verge of self destruction if Port Vale lose. You couldn't be further from the truth in reality.

What maddens me though is when the manager keeps faith with a formation that often doesn't work and before everyone jumps up and down and points to the league table let me just say that I have been to nearly every game this season and though we have won many of them, in quite a few of these games we were far from convincing.

It is very apparent that the midfield is very often over run when the opposition do their homework on our system. Quite simply playing with two wingers will only work when the widemen have a high work ethic and sadly neither Vincent and Williams come into this hardworker bracket. Exciting they may be, frustrating they definetly are.

I don't lay claim to know more than our manager but may I ask one question?. How many teams play with two widemen?

"...and a park the bus away tactic." (vale in the blood)

...not sure that this is a tactic that Exeter have been employing this season or will use on Tuesday. So far, they have won 10 away games (1 more than us) and have scored 27 away goals (compared to our 28). With a bit of luck, they will continue with the same tactics and we see a cracker of a game - which we win by outscoring them.

Think it is reality not negativity. We are clear in second because of our earlier results, teams are catching us now. The teams that get automatic promotion or up through the play offs are the ones that have created a head of steam. We are not doing that, and whats more are performances are average. Saturday is massive we need to get on a roll ready for Exeter and other tough matches to come.

Archived