onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale showing Wmbledon game live - NOW FULL

butt lane vale fan

Advert

Not moaning in the slightest or can't you read, just pointing out £5 is a little steep for a pie and a pint particularly when people will clearly be purchasing more throughout the game. Christ almighty people can't even turn up for home games so a perceived charge to watch the game on Sky when they can watch it for free at home is i will reiterate a little steep. Whats capacity / wonder how many will attend?

Yes I am viewing my opinions about the Hughes signing but that's not for this thread.

So what is your suggestion that is better and will make money for the club.Not forgetting money will need to be taken out of the takings to pay for and cover the overheads?It also gives the chance for staff to earn more money.Vale make money,staff make money.So the problem is?

What is wrong with trying,if you don't try you don't know if it will work or not.I think it's a good offer and should maybe tried 2 - 3 times to evaluate it.

The previous regime would never have come up with something like this.

A fiver including a pie and a pint is a good deal!

Undoubtedly they wouldn't, they had no idea full stop.

It will be interesting to see how many attend as I do think it will be the most costly fee a Vale related pub or bar will charge for the game.

Might be a good idea to get some of the players not travelling down to the ground to chat to the fans and sign autographs etc.

I honestly think this is a great idea and sorry REP but I reckon a fiver is about right. I'd imagine a pint of cheapest lager or bitter, a Wrights pie and watch the Vale. Bargain! We've got Sky Sports but much better atmosphere watching it with other Vale fans.

What's more pleasing to me is that the powers that be are actually thinking this way. I'm sure that if it is a success it'll hopefully be the first of many games shown at the Club. Good thinking whoever thought of this.:yes:

It will be interesting to see how many attend as I do think it will be the most costly fee a Vale related pub or bar will charge for the game.

Might be a good idea to get some of the players not travelling down to the ground to chat to the fans and sign autographs etc.

I like that idea as it would make you more likely come to vale than a random pub. They could have a prize (but not a ****** signed ball as they always give them out). I see Robbie's point although I think £5 is good value but you could just as easily go to the local pub and watch it and it would be free.

What is wrong with trying,if you don't try you don't know if it will work or not.I think it's a good offer and should maybe tried 2 - 3 times to evaluate it.

Nothing wrong with trying it at all. Certainly not castigating the idea and well worth trying all viable ideas of which this is one. I commented the price was a little steep, this will be proven / disproven in a couple of weeks.

Most people will watch televised games at home or in their local at no perceived cost to watch the game. Vale fans aside from the hardcore are fickle and need to see value for money, you only need to look at our home attendances this season, the Birchall shirt offer and the retorts to Smurfs requests for 7500 fans next season.

I'd look to get none travelling players involved as suggested and some kind of entertainment for younger kids whose attention spans probably won't last 45 minutes at a time (Boomer / face painters who could paint Vale crests on kids arms etc) or free crèche to encourage those who potentially feel they couldn't get out.

how many will he offering a pie and a pint though? A pint in most places is £3 now and pies are £1.30 if bought cold! Quite how a fiver can he described as "steep" is beyond me unless it was fir admission only

how many will he offering a pie and a pint though? A pint in most places is £3 now and pies are £1.30 if bought cold! Quite how a fiver can he described as "steep" is beyond me unless it was fir admission only

I agree Tim Great Offer, Great Price, great supporters.....lets get down there fill the place and stop being so negative

We're all Vale are'nt we??

UP THE VALE!!

absolutely fantastic idea mr wildes. shows another opportunity to use vale park while its not in use :) like someone posted on here earlier, would be nice if they could show the odd away game as well for people who cant travel on any given day. the vale would rake it in, me and steve attending this one methinks great business idea :)

£3 a pint this is Burslem! ;)

The proof of the offer will be how many attend but for me for it to work and be a regular success it needs to be more attractive than doing what people normally do by watching it at home or in their local with their mates and this is more costly hence the reason why an attraction such as the players or cheap entertainment for fans. Everyone wants value for money in this day and age hence why when I visited hanley for the first time in years yesterday I was struck how the pound / cheap shops were taking over.

Anyone you pie eaters get down there and prove me wrong :razz:

absolutely fantastic idea mr wildes. shows another opportunity to use vale park while its not in use :) like someone posted on here earlier, would be nice if they could show the odd away game as well for people who cant travel on any given day. the vale would rake it in, me and steve attending this one methinks great business idea :)

Good idea if they could but I think that would contravene broadcast rights possibly. That would definately be a winner as fans wouldn't be able to see the game elsewhere.

Archived