onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Guy Madjo released.

60degree_wedge

Advert

would agree thats hes better Andrew......conrads carp would do a better job than him

lol true, I can see the point about not wanting cast offs from L2 strugglers but maybe there was more to it than that. if we sign him I wouldn't be moaning or cheering it maybe worth a try. Still this January we will see

a) where MA thinks the squad needs strengthening.

b) a statement of intent from the owners in terms of the money they make available.

I'm not expecting any transfer fees to be paid out or big names but a loanee or 2 and possibly a free agent maybe.

Im not suggesting massive signings. Im suggesting that if we are to get promoted, then cast offs from relegation fodder are not the answer.

I think we are actually on the same wave length...lol...but we are 2nd in this league so if we surmise to the fact that Gills are not going to let their best players come to us or any of the play-off hopefuls wont either. that leaves the rest of this league to choose from. we agree that players from these teams is not showing ambition, so that leaves players from a higher league, which is going to get us a better player IF we can get them.....

.....also just goin back to the 'big(ish) name issue, It would be great not only for the team but also commercially too. sell more tickets and sell more shirts etc...look at our neighbours they turnd down goal machine Ba and signed crock Owen, PR signing if ever i saw one..lol

I'm not expecting any transfer fees to be paid out or big names but a loanee or 2 and possibly a free agent maybe.

Yeah, I often wander why we see loads of young prem players going out on loan to gain experience and do a great job for the team they go to..., but we never seem to attract them.

Its not about individuals, its a team game. Individually Madjo may not be the greatest talent, but if MA believes he can give something to the squad then why not, there again he probably thought that with Andrew, Chilvers, McAlistair etc. My worry is the pedestrian defence and two goals a game conceding. We got away with it at Dagenham, but against Fleetwood, with the best defence in our league, we were shown up.

I think we are actually on the same wave length...lol...but we are 2nd in this league so if we surmise to the fact that Gills are not going to let their best players come to us or any of the play-off hopefuls wont either. that leaves the rest of this league to choose from. we agree that players from these teams is not showing ambition, so that leaves players from a higher league, which is going to get us a better player IF we can get them.....

.....also just goin back to the 'big(ish) name issue, It would be great not only for the team but also commercially too. sell more tickets and sell more shirts etc...look at our neighbours they turnd down goal machine Ba and signed crock Owen, PR signing if ever i saw one..lol

It leaves us with players from higher leagues who are not getting in their first team (like Hughes was, like Vincent, and like a number of players other teams around have looked at). It also leaves players doing well in the positions below us (as opposed to those who cant get in their teams), in this league and in the conference.

I see Richard Brodie has gone back to Crawley today, but seemingly is looking to move back up north. Scored a lot of goals for York under Foyle. Anybody ever seen him play? Would he be a useful acquisition?

Looked crap against us at their place, all he did was start a scrap with Morsy if I recall rightly... he seems to be one those that is immense in Non League but cant make the step up and bit like Sills at Torquay a few seasons ago who came up highly rated and did nothing, that said Tubbs was seen as that kind of player then had a decent League Two campaign with Crawley I guess.

Vardy from Leicester might be worth a loan, hasnt really done loads there and they have bought in Wood so he isnt likely to get much look in... now he would be hot at this level.

I see Richard Brodie has gone back to Crawley today, but seemingly is looking to move back up north. Scored a lot of goals for York under Foyle. Anybody ever seen him play? Would he be a useful acquisition?

valefan16 has beaten me to it but yes he didn't look anything special in the game at Morecambe. The architypal big lump/donkey type up front who throws his weight around but not a lot else. I think it was McCombe and McDonald on the day coped pretty well with him.

He hasn't pulled up any tree with goals either there.

Yet his record for York(admittedly in the Conference) was pretty impressive, could be again down to Foyle's ability to coach strikers though as we saw with Constantine and Sodje for us?

I agree on that Lopez at Aldershot/Stevenage though, looks a good player.

Back on topic, always felt a bit sorry for Madjo he seems to have a pretty steady record wherever he's played yet struggles to stay anywhere longer than about 18 months. I tend to agree with the masses we could hopefully do better but we've certainly had a lot worse appear in Vale shirts in recent times!

Archived