onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

automatic promotion or playoff final victory??????

falmouthssoberist

Lets go up as Champions, parade the trophy around a Vale Park with 12,000 home fans in it, cash in our betting slips, and then sit back and smile as Smurf & Co make STs affordable and interest free, and we kick off in league 1 with 7,500 ST holders and a home gate in excess of 8,000

Blimey bud, you've started on the mulled wine a little early haven't you ?

Advert

play off finals on the weekend of the 24-26th may, fits in with my birthday and dont reckon we can stay in the top three till may

what do we reckon would be the best way to do it??? first visit to the new wembley or all done and dusted by march/april

Just to clarify play off dates - from the FL website:

May

18th npower League 2 Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

19th npower League 1 Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

27th npower Championship Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

Just to clarify play off dates - from the FL website:

May

18th npower League 2 Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

19th npower League 1 Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

27th npower Championship Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

Correct Jean.My brother goes to see Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall on the 18th.Not a bad night out if we've won in the afternoon.Of course, I hope we go up automatic.

The play-offs are not a farce, and they do keep the season going. The problem is that they are not actually fair, and fairness is seen so little in football these days that a lot of fans of all clubs will say 'So what?' When you are on the receiving end of the unfairness, as Vale were in 1993 when they finished a mile in front of WBA then lost out to a refereeing decision, the play-offs don't look so good.

I think the OP really means which would give the greatest pleasure - a win at Wembley or auto promotion but it also matters that automatic promotion is more of an acheivement, and the risk in the playoffs is too great.

Of course, a single match that celebrates promotion (especially at Wembley) is a bigger emotional high, but far better to get promoted with a couple of games to spare and bask in the glory that way.

The play off's ARE a lottery but could be made a hell of a lot fairer I recon by allowing the 2 sides who just miss out on a auto spot playing a single knock out game at HOME v the 2 sides who finish below them rather than the current 2 legged set up?

I believe there is not a lot between Gillingham, ourselves, Rotherham, Bradford and Southend maybe. The January window will be decisive for all and I for one hope Hughes' er, 'sick' note is linked to him coming to us beacause SHOULD most any of the current top 8 sides in league 2 sign him then they will be NAILED ON for promotion!

Oh, and no need for people to post about what he is/what he's done, let him help us up then get rid!......:yes::laugh::D

I want to see that manically stupid dance (that has always annoyed me) many, many, times in the 2nd half of the season as long as the guy is wearing a Vale shirt.

After some quarters of our support showing their respect for the largest of our centre backs, I'm sure Mr Hughes will expect similar plaudits. What song will we have lined up for him? 'He drives where he wants' or ' He kills who he wants'?

It's quite possible after seeing some of the moronic elements of Vale fans singing at Sheffield United. I'm all for having a good time and a creating a good atmosphere with a sing song but when the same song is sung over and over again it gets a bit boring! Especially the Clayton McDonald and Steino songs which do nothing for the IQ level of anyone singing them!

Sheff - that's what I can't understand about some posters saying we don't want him because he is this or that off the field.

If possible signings for the club are going to have to pass a blemish free investigation then God help us.

TOO right A.J, anyone think if the like's of Bradford get him their fans gonna be complaining about a signing that all but ensures promotion? Er, no, ONLY at the Vale!.....:laugh::doh::rolleyes:

Start of season form automatic promotion last ten games including all cup ties be happy escape relegation.

We're second due to other teams failures no strengthening in January means tenth or lower placed finish.

Not to say the lads haven't given there all cause they have but honestly there all ain't enough .

Hope we go up realistically without strengthening mid table .

Mid table? This team has got is into second as it is without strengthening. We would still be around automatic without strengthening IMO but still definitely need to strengthen. I'd take automatic, couldn't deal with the heartbreak of a playoff final loss.

Archived