onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale pay final bill to council.

melv

Advert

Bayern (if you are still around)

For their money the Council got in the north of the city ...

More than a dozen small business start up units

A Children's Centre

A 24 hour Ambulance centre

And this has cost them nett less than a Million, and no ongoing maintenance charges - How much would that have cost the ratepayers if the Council had built them from scratch?

Secondly its a bit rich coming from your end of the city where you paid the Council back the 3 million they had put in when the stadium by then was valued at around 30 Million?

I believe that particular piece of daylight robbery made the front page of Private Eye !

But this isn't V2001 now. The owners promised that any money from players sold would go back into the squad, anybody bidding for pope and the council loan paid off have no connection.

If a stupid offer for Pope came in then i wouldn't blame them for cashing in as i think all the money would go back into the team,i mean i dont want Pope to leave but if a bid of say 500k(lets not forget Le Fondre who was prolific at this level went for around 300k) came in then i am sure he would go.

Come on all of you, behave.......Its like two children squabbling over the size of their presents!

The councild helped both clubs, and rightly so........both important parts of the community, and I for one want all clubs to continue to survive........after all, we are all footy fans.....

Well, apart from the hoofball lads ! :)

If a stupid offer for Pope came in then i wouldn't blame them for cashing in as i think all the money would go back into the team,i mean i dont want Pope to leave but if a bid of say 500k(lets not forget Le Fondre who was prolific at this level went for around 300k) came in then i am sure he would go.

I agree, also if Pope as much as he is a Vale fan decided it would be best for himself and career to take the step up, then so be it. Would rather him stay, but if someone comes in with a major offer then I think it could happen.

Have a look around the area where the Britannia Stadium is built.

It was the catalyst for regeneration and Trentham Lakes has now got umpteen businesses and sports complexes around it meaning jobs for the local people so it was money well spent......it was also money from the EU and IT HAD to be spent on that site and it was regeneration of the Hem Heath site

The cash given to Vale will see the city council and local people getting absolutely nothing from it.

£1.5m is a hell of a lot of money to lose for a council about to make massive cuts.

Facts eh...i love em

My only regret is we didnt take the council for 5 million.....If we had a Labour sponsoring chairman I reckon we could have pulled it off ;)

If Vale had had their loan on the same terms as stoke (interest free) they would have paid 1.36 million of the loan off and owed £890,000. When they went into admin. The next £200,000 takes that down to £690,000. For this amount the ambulance station, children's daycare and small business units are a bargain.

Owned by St Mowdem. Think they had an access issue from the A500 which held up the original plan of houses. Now who knows?

Personally, I think it is agreat pity that ground has gone. No love of SCFC but it was a fearsome place in the old tradition of grounds that is sadly missed and the Brit is soul-free (Though it does have quite a few R,.Souls).

Have a look around the area where the Britannia Stadium is built.

It was the catalyst for regeneration and Trentham Lakes has now got umpteen businesses and sports complexes around it meaning jobs for the local people so it was money well spent......it was also money from the EU and IT HAD to be spent on that site and it was regeneration of the Hem Heath site

The cash given to Vale will see the city council and local people getting absolutely nothing from it.

£1.5m is a hell of a lot of money to lose for a council about to make massive cuts.

Facts eh...i love em

And what a load of ******** you do spout.

Yes it was money from the EU. But it was due to spent within the LUZ (Local Urban Zone) and after a day of reading this utter bull***** I decided to look into some Government archives about regeneration of the LUZ that Stoke is within, bare in mind that it covers SMDC, Newcastle Borough and bits of the then South Cheshire and not one bit of the funding in bulk which was in excess of £100M was to be spent in it's entirety on Hem Heath. The Regional Development Body at the time pretty much gave councils carte-blache to spent it where they wanted, and SOTC decided it to be spent on the abandoned site at Hem Heath knowing that it was ideally positioned between the M6, A500 and A50 while they were bidding for a Eurorail Freight Deopt (That would be operated by EWS now Shencker Deutsche Bahn) (That Doncaster won). Unlike anywhere else at the time (Apart from Derby & Middlesbourgh) our council built a stadium, instead of several **** art galleries.

Archived