onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What now for Morsey?

Coskickabo

Adams knows Morsy better than anyone and is using this experience to get through to him.

MA would have warned him after the Oxford match and then again after his suspension and it fell on deaf ears - this is just to teach him a valuable lesson.

Morsy will regain his place by merit or default soon and he'll keep it as he did earlier this season.

Spot on.

Advert

McCombe returns to the team immediately after three match ban as does Vincent after one match ban. Loft and Duffy return immediately after injury. Morsey not even on the bench. OK there were genuine reason for these players' immediate return but Is Adams taking punishment too far? It seems that Adams is making it personal. I think that if this continues come January Morsey will want out on loan. Are we in danger of losing a true talent and does Adams care?

If he'd been able to walk straight back into the thick of it I think he'd have probably thought he can get away with it again. He has of to learn his lesson and MA obviously thinks this is necessary.

if its that obvious, please explain.....Dont think Morsey would have made so many starts if MA doesnt like him. Morsey s stupidity let us all down and cost us two points in a promotion campaign. Hes being taught a hard lesson by MA ,and i think he will be better for it. Wont be long before hes back in the team , unless good results keep him out.... possible future vale captain ??

DOubt he'd be captain under adams. The way he spoke about him, what people have said (see cheekys post), and the fact he is not even on the bench. How many chances did roberts get? Rico get sent off stupidly and came back in. He played because we were short and there were no better options. Not saying its right or wrong, im just saying that I think adams doesnt like him.

McCombe returns to the team immediately after three match ban as does Vincent after one match ban. Loft and Duffy return immediately after injury. Morsey not even on the bench. OK there were genuine reason for these players' immediate return but Is Adams taking punishment too far? It seems that Adams is making it personal. I think that if this continues come January Morsey will want out on loan. Are we in danger of losing a true talent and does Adams care?

What now?? Now is the time to start spelling his name right ;)

No way he should have been straight back in the squad, McCombes was for an attempt to win the ball (late admittedly) and Vincent was for an accumilation of yellows as was Morsy's initial ban for which he was straight back in.

Morsy's stupidity has cost him his place in the team and there is no way he should be straight back in or near the squad until he has learned his lesson and when we need him.

I don't think we do miss Morsy's aggression, it cost us points against Rochdale and could have done against Oxford. Combative players can be very useful, but when they start going in high and two-footed regularly then they become an absolute liability. Hopefully whatever Adams is doing calms him down and helps him become a better player. He shouldn't be frozen out, but his stupidity and recklessness shouldn't just be forgotten either.

I was told by a friend of an ex-youth team player that Adams rates Morsey as a player, but doesn't like him on a personal level. The ex-youth team player was in Morseys year. All hearsay I know, but I think it seems to ring true.

You don't get many football managers calling one of their players "a coward" in public.Micky is either trying to shame him into improving his game or is forcing him to leave.:unsure:

You don't get many football managers calling one of their players "a coward" in public.Micky is either trying to shame him into improving his game or is forcing him to leave.:unsure:

After the York game, even though there were some poor performances, Micky said he was going to have put his "arm around their shoulder", which is a completely different approach to that he took with Sam. Granted, different players react to different approaches but my opinion is that he doesn't like Sam, simple as that.

Probably start a campaign to get his name spelt correctly I would imagine.

What now?? Now is the time to start spelling his name right ;)

No way he should have been straight back in the squad, McCombes was for an attempt to win the ball (late admittedly) and Vincent was for an accumilation of yellows as was Morsy's initial ban for which he was straight back in.

Morsy's stupidity has cost him his place in the team and there is no way he should be straight back in or near the squad until he has learned his lesson and when we need him.

****** beat me to it.

It's no good saying we miss his aggression - we don't. If it was controlled agression then yes but at the moment it is completely uncontrolled and has cost us points. He has to learn, I know he is young and relatively inexperienced but perhaps he needs 'hard love' from MA if he is to learn. Anyway let's get real he is hardly Xavi! Just my thoughts

I thought Morsey and Burge we're becoming a good combination. I hope Adams doesn't hold grudges - the lad's served a three match ban - if he's good enough he should be in the starting 11. I remember Brian Horton freezing Ian Bogie out of our team because he spoke his mind - that was a big mistake!

Archived