onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 3 Oxford 0 - Post match comments

VantaaVale

Great performance and great victory against the worst Oxford side I have seen since they were promoted.

Only issue for me was the first 30 mins of the game, reminded me a lot of the matches with dagenham and gillingham and there was no fluidity to the play, seemed to set up 4-2-4 with huge gaps in midfield. As soon as JMW and AV came a bit deeper to pick up the ball we were superb.

May have to get tickets for

Burton early!!

Oh and Davehartshill, JMW had a great game. Talk about end product and taking too many touches? He set up the third, hit the bar, put one on a plate for AV and generally scared them to death - great player and MOTM for me

Advert

I actually agree. Not sure what Williamson adds when brought on.

Neal: 8 ( not much to do but caught or stopped 100% of everything sent his way)

Duffy: 8

Taylor: 8

Mccombe: 8

McDonald: 8

Vincent: 9

Burge: 8

Morsey: 8

Williams: 9

Dodds: 8

Pope: 9

Williamson tries to do the Dodds role, but he's very ineffectual at it. I'd rather see Pope drop down a bit and have Williamson playing on the shoulder of the defence

To see JMW clear one within our own 6 yard box just after he had gone on a run at their goal, and in the last minute Popey racing back to clear the dangerous break.

That tells me that with a fair wind we have a TEAM for promotion and me and my mates bet with dear old Mr Coates of 40:1 for Champions and 10:1 to get promoted is looking ever more tasty.

Oh and Davehartshill, JMW had a great game. Talk about end product and taking too many touches? He set up the third, hit the bar, put one on a plate for AV and generally scared them to death - great player and MOTM for me

I didn't say he had a bad game. He does try to do to much sometimes. As I said it was great to see him cutting in and shooting as I have been begging him to do it all season.

Sooooo proud to be a Vale fan!! After a slow start when we were actually outnumbered in midfield we got the flying wingers in on the ball and how well they created panic in Oxford's defence every time. No team in this division can cope with the 2 wide men when they are backed up by the tigers in midfield. I also have to take time out to say that Popey has proved me totally wrong. His fitness and presence now is a match for any defence. Not only does he appear in the right places now but his workrate is second to none,chasing back,shielding the ball, laying off headers to others etc, etc. I was his fiercest critic but now am happy to admit he has an appetite for it and long may it go on!!! We still may need a few new faces to complement a very good, in it together squad but it's becoming an absolute treat to visit Vale Park these days. So chuffed I paid for season tickets for me and the missus. Come on the Mighty Vale!!!

Williamson tries to do the Dodds role, but he's very ineffectual at it. I'd rather see Pope drop down a bit and have Williamson playing on the shoulder of the defence

That is how they played it at Walsall. Pope is superb. Can play either of the 2 positions easily and is ****ting up defences left right and centre! The work ethic he showed at the end to outsprint their attacker and put in a defensive tackle.was just sensational. The lad is bleeding Black & white atm!

Apparently, Middlesbrough and one other are watching him, but he is DESPERATE to stay at Vale. Wildes has to make.sure we dont lose him and.we tie him down to a longer contract :)

That is how they played it at Walsall. Pope is superb. Can play either of the 2 positions easily and is ****ting up defences left right and centre! The work ethic he showed at the end to outsprint their attacker and put in a defensive tackle.was just sensational. The lad is bleeding Black & white atm!

Apparently, Middlesbrough and one other are watching him, but he is DESPERATE to stay at Vale. Wildes has to make.sure we dont lose him and.we tie him down to a longer contract :)

I fully expect several players will sign contract extensions as soon as any takeover completed.

The SKY coverage was excellent and I've just watched it again. The 2 commentators were all for sensationalism, "definite penalty" "Morsey should have walked" etc, but once we were coasting, very supportive. George Gavin and Boothroyd summing up were awesome in their praise. Boothroyd clearly knew what was going on with Doddsy playing in the hole, Duffy winning the ball, not fouling for a pen and the ref seeing common sense when Morsey went in studs up. He also made several comments about how to play against us so it will be really interesting when we do the Cobblers in a couple of weeks time. Gavin's view on our predicament was heart warming and one of real concern. Overall, a great production.

Awesome display after a slowish start. Once we had scored and they had to push forward, we looked as if we could score in every attack. A great advert for the mighty Vale and those who didn't fancy playing us will now surely know what they're up against.

Can't wait for us to get out of admin - we need these players on longer contracts as well as the squad strengthening. Bit worried about midfield for satdee but the team spirit is so good, I think we'll pull through.

Good to see Rudgie and Billy there too - just like the old days!

I didn't say he had a bad game. He does try to do to much sometimes. As I said it was great to see him cutting in and shooting as I have been begging him to do it all season.

He's a winger and I'm happy for him to take as many people on as he wants he was yet again fantastic last night and is way too good for league 2.

The SKY coverage was excellent and I've just watched it again. The 2 commentators were all for sensationalism, "definite penalty" "Morsey should have walked" etc, but once we were coasting, very supportive. George Gavin and Boothroyd summing up were awesome in their praise. Boothroyd clearly knew what was going on with Doddsy playing in the hole, Duffy winning the ball, not fouling for a pen and the ref seeing common sense when Morsey went in studs up. He also made several comments about how to play against us so it will be really interesting when we do the Cobblers in a couple of weeks time. Gavin's view on our predicament was heart warming and one of real concern. Overall, a great production.

I agree I thought the coverage was superb and much better than i expected.

I spoke to Terry Conroy at H-T he was very impressed with Tom Popes appetite and energy.......And 'Burger' as well.

I think Neal deserves a mention for his overall contribution........When he has the ball he will not be bullied or rushed into releasing it.........When he is in possession he decides when and who to release it to......

I spoke to Terry Conroy at H-T he was very impressed with Tom Popes appetite and energy.......And 'Burger' as well.

I think Neal deserves a mention for his overall contribution........When he has the ball he will not be bullied or rushed into releasing it.........When he is in possession he decides when and who to release it to......

Neal also made a tremendous save from Rigg very early on which has hardly been mentioned.

Archived