onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 3 Oxford 0 - Post match comments

VantaaVale

Advert

Heard someone mention that Pope will be on his way to Leeds in January. Supposedly a done deal. Hopefully not but a lot will depend on the new owner. Priority must be to get the boys on 2yr deals as after last night there will lots of clubs scouting the likes of Vincent, Pope, Morsy and Williams.

well after what i have been told, he doesn't want to go anywhere! Wants to go up with Vale and then see ehat the future holds. If this Wildes has money, we will keep him for longer IMO

Heard someone mention that Pope will be on his way to Leeds in January. Supposedly a done deal. Hopefully not but a lot will depend on the new owner. Priority must be to get the boys on 2yr deals as after last night there will lots of clubs scouting the likes of Vincent, Pope, Morsy and Williams.

Not true

A brilliant advertisement for our team tonight, always looking to move forward and with plenty of pace too. Great that we put a show on for the TV cameras as well, though got to say Oxford were poor. They are a better team than that.

Spot-on and also a great advert for football in league two--I personally didn't think Oxford were that bad. They certainly gave our defence some awkward moments particularly in that period before we scored our first goal, but having conceded, they then appeared to lack any confidence as a team and I'm not really surprised that they have now lost 5 games on the bounce away from home.

Oh for Gods sake! Can't we keep hold of any decent players, besides Popey's only being scoring for a couple of months for all we know he could go off the boil. Hope the new owner finally helps this club show a bit of ambition and tells the first bidder for our decent players where to go. If Popey were however to go I would hope that we could secure a significant 6 figure fee for him which would allow us to bring in SEVERAL high quality lower league players. It would take a good personal offer to get Pope leave his boyhood club now though, especially as he's got them on their way to promotion and is having the time of his life.

I spoke to Terry Conroy at H-T he was very impressed with Tom Popes appetite and energy.......And 'Burger' as well.

I think Neal deserves a mention for his overall contribution........When he has the ball he will not be bullied or rushed into releasing it.........When he is in possession he decides when and who to release it to......

What a difference he's made to our defence! He looks a really good addition and long may he continue to command his goal area as he has done over the last few games in particular.

I spoke to Terry Conroy at H-T he was very impressed with Tom Popes appetite and energy.......And 'Burger' as well.

I think Neal deserves a mention for his overall contribution........When he has the ball he will not be bullied or rushed into releasing it.........When he is in possession he decides when and who to release it to......

Name dropper:razz:

What is true is scouts will be looking at our players and if they continue this form offers will be on the table for them in January. Not sure what Wildes has in mind with regards to players wage budget, but the fact is if someone offers Pope £5K a week for 2yrs he be daft not to take it, whether or not he is Vale through and through. Would set him up financially and at 27 might be his last chance.

Yes, there was one particular moment late on, after we were 3-0 up, when Neal caught the ball and looked to smash it up to Pope quick, but Pope was knackered by then and told him not too, so Neal kept hold of it. Again, it's competent communication and goalkeeping but it's something we havent had for years.

And is it me or does Neal swap what foot he takes goalkicks with every game?

Archived