onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England U17 Euros

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

No chance

He won't go for less than 300k but many will be surprised to get anything near one million.. Even large clubs have to watch their spending at the moment. 

I think you are wrong all of the above.

I think he will now go for £1 million plus fee and for Premier League Clubs to get around the FFP with this transfer, they will just put it through their academy

• Like 2

Advert

13 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

As JRC has posted it’s a really strange improvement from him. He looked nowhere remotely close to being ready for the first month, always tried and ran himself into the ground but not remotely close. Then all of a sudden started to look a decent talent. Personally I think he needs another season with us playing regularly rather than signing for a premiership under 21 side and rotting in there. There’s a lot of his game that needs developing, we saw at Northampton that he isn’t the finished article (why would he be at 17). 

Brilliant for him and the club today, and I just hope we have him for this season as a full season of league 2 could help him develop more. 

My head says vale will get quite an attractive offer after this tournament that will be too good to refuse. 

Agree, he didn't look physically strong enough for league football when he 1st played which is to be expected. Lads that age though can develop their physicality quite quickly which he seems to have done. He is only going to get stronger and playing 1st team football and international football will bring his development forward. His confidence must be sky high at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think you are wrong all of the above.

I think he will now go for £1 million plus fee and for Premier League Clubs to get around the FFP with this transfer, they will just put it through their academy

Paid in instalments over the length of his contract brings the outlay down on an annual basis. Academies at top Prem teams can produce £200M profits, Chelsea have loads of players out on loan as well, reducing player costs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

No I'm.at work .

Don't drink and go work that be totally unprofessional.

Come on Baylee Dipepa and young uns bring thst coin in .

OK 40 million bit extreme but at least 3 million then 4 for shorrock and 3 for plant and 2 for Walters and 5 for lomax .

Carol I'm.making you some coin here 

Can we have a striker with some of it .

Heard we signing someone from Bromley 

Watch this space .

5 million for Lomax???

Christ Almighty when you get back from the moon please let us know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly Baylee's international performances will increase speculation about him moving on and at what price might be a suitable fee.  However, I sincerely hope that we can hold on to him a little longer for a mutually beneficial association in League Two. After all, despite his undoubted attributes and potential, he's still a relatively young with much to learn.  Why not learn 'on the job' so to speak and score a few goals for us next season.

When all's said & done, we all know how desperately we need some goalscoring firepower up front and in Baylee we have a true gem in our midst. Surely it's better for us to 'polish the diamond' to increase us value even more, whilst at the same time, keeping a potentially season-contributing player as our own for another few months.  He'll still be a teenager by the end of next season and there'll be plenty of time for him to move on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Clearly Baylee's international performances will increase speculation about him moving on and at what price might be a suitable fee.  However, I sincerely hope that we can hold on to him a little longer for a mutually beneficial association in League Two. After all, despite his undoubted attributes and potential, he's still a relatively young with much to learn.  Why not learn 'on the job' so to speak and score a few goals for us next season.

When all's said & done, we all know how desperately we need some goalscoring firepower up front and in Baylee we have a true gem in our midst. Surely it's better for us to 'polish the diamond' to increase us value even more, whilst at the same time, keeping a potentially season-contributing player as our own for another few months.  He'll still be a teenager by the end of next season and there'll be plenty of time for him to move on!

I'm a fan of Baylee, but I don't think it's mutually beneficial for him to stay longer in League Two, in fact I think it's in everyone's benefit if he leaves if top PL clubs are in for him for a good fee. Baylee gets to earn some really good money on a long contract, training with other top players & coaches with the best facilities going, rather than getting lumps kicked out of him by L2 centre-halfs. Rather than having one very talented but raw player in L2 we can use the cash to buy the 4 or 5 League 1 standard players we are going to need to get promoted out of L2 next year and make a better fist of life in L1 then we did last season. 

Assuming there is no release clause in his contract the transfer fee is going to be 7 figures, he is in the top 3 or 4 English centre forward prospects in his age group.

• Like 5

It’s an absolute no-brainer for Dipepa to move on.

Go to a Premier League side, on more money, get the best possible coaching with a probably loan move in the next couple of seasons, and absolute worst case scenario end up Championship/League 1 in 4-5 years time.

He’s flanked by the two top talents of his age group in Moore and Nwaneri. I can’t see him keen on League 2.

• Like 3

If he stays and has a bad injury or doesn't perform then it's likely that he will earn less in his career than he could earn in a season if he moves now. At the same time our chance of earning a decent transfer for him would also dissipate. .

If he has the opportunity to move this summer he has to take it. He has come on leaps and bounds since his first few appearances but his career could still go either way.

His agent is clearly working on it too.

• Like 2

When Wayne Rooney burst onto the scene it was repeatedly said he was a 16 year old playing in a 20 year old's body and I think there's more than a hint of that in Dipepa's size and physicality.

Just like the majority of 16/17 years olds it takes a few first team games to get some confidence but when it happens the skills start to  flow if you're good enough. I remember seeing on tv Messi's Champions Lge debut for Barcelona, all the hype but he didn't look anything like the player he became.

It's absolutely the right time for Dipepa to move, his stock is high and it would benefit him and PVFC financially, an up front transfer fee (Plus add ons) would provide funds for Vale to sign/tempt good players early and have a good go at getting straight back into Lge 1.

I'm thinking a 10m up front transfer fee + add ons but start negotiations around the 20m mark, this is a rare opportunity for Vale.

• Haha 1