onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

From the 30 minutes I watched I'm glad I forgot there was an early start. 

I'm assuming some players have already been told they are leaving. Massey, Loft and Connor Run not in the squad. Think one or two are having a go at Ojo unfairly, he was the only player I saw put in a tackle. Every time he had the ball he was looking for a player to get into space but a lot of players looked like they just didn't want it. Hope the first 60 minutes was more entertaining than the 30 I sat through. 

We do currently have a core of a team, Ojo, Smith, Lacovitti,  Clark, Ripley, Chislett possibly Debrah are good enough to survive in league 2. Plant, Shorrock,  Walters and Dipepa are not bad squad options; though not sure any are really first choice starters yet. In the ideal world we just need 11 new players. In reality we are probably stuck with players like Lowe and Jones. We have the retained list, which could well be out on Monday to look forward to. Can't take long to tell Massey, Uche and Wilson and Cass they won't get new contracts. I'd imagine they all know it's coming. Then it's really a case of whether we are that desperate to get rid of one or two we are just going to pay them up. It'll be expensive so they need to decide they just aren't worth keeping in the 22 man squad we are allowed. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

From the 30 minutes I watched I'm glad I forgot there was an early start. 

I'm assuming some players have already been told they are leaving. Massey, Loft and Connor Run not in the squad. Think one or two are having a go at Ojo unfairly, he was the only player I saw put in a tackle. Every time he had the ball he was looking for a player to get into space but a lot of players looked like they just didn't want it. Hope the first 60 minutes was more entertaining than the 30 I sat through. 

We do currently have a core of a team, Ojo, Smith, Lacovitti,  Clark, Ripley, Chislett possibly Debrah are good enough to survive in league 2. Plant, Shorrock,  Walters and Dipepa are not bad squad options; though not sure any are really first choice starters yet. In the ideal world we just need 11 new players. In reality we are probably stuck with players like Lowe and Jones. We have the retained list, which could well be out on Monday to look forward to. Can't take long to tell Massey, Uche and Wilson and Cass they won't get new contracts. I'd imagine they all know it's coming. Then it's really a case of whether we are that desperate to get rid of one or two we are just going to pay them up. It'll be expensive so they need to decide they just aren't worth keeping in the 22 man squad we are allowed. 

You forgetting our top scorer & hardest worker 🤔 Jones & Lowe need paying off they are not good enough along with a couple of others you’ve mentioned 

Edited by Vtid

16 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

No excuses for Vale, squad lacking in quality and unbalanced. Frustrating that Camb, Burton and Shrews are certainly no better but survived.

The truth is there was a mini league of poor teams with little between them. Those 3 and the 4 relegated teams. We had an awful record in games against those other 6 teams; which is why we've gone down. Some was bad luck Burton at home springs to mind), some was a lack of heart and sometimes we just weren't good enough.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No. We can judge him on 17 matches. It’s been utterly horrific. 11 goals and 10 points from 17 games with that run of fixtures is beyond bad. I literally don’t think it was possibly for him to do worse. 

Or do you want to judge him on a squad he build at Huddersfield? With his players? 3 wins in 23 games. Fabulous 

What squad did he build at Huddersfield?? when he went there on the 21st of September didn't he? or shall we judge him on the actual squads he built at Doncaster,WBA and Sheff Wed ?

• Like 4

Not interest in watching the game so yet another game missed but thank goodness the season is finally over. One of the worst on and off the pitch in the last 40 years.

Now <ovf censored> off you spineless, useless, pathetic excuse of professional footballers.

Carol, please, please, please learn the lessons from the season.

• Like 6

Played like a friendly. Cambridge knew they didn’t need to do anything whilst we were resigned to our fate. Total non-entity of a game. Thought Carol might have shown her face in the valiant suite afterwards, but no not today. 

• Like 2

For me the jury is out on Darren Moore, the defense he has is "They were not his players" and it's also fair to say "The squad is unbalanced in so many areas" so he has the benefit of the doubt for me at the moment.

Heaven hope he and whoever is responsible for recruitment get it right before the new season starts 'cause if Vale aren't in the top half of lge 2 by Xmas everything PVFC will not be pretty.

It's stating the obvious but lesson learned No 1 has to be to sign one or more natural goal scoring strikers. When goals are hard to come by and a team gets 3 pts for a win, not many games will be won and relatively not enough points will be accrued over a 46 game season.

• Like 7

Just now, Vtid said:

They both are. You do know contracts mean nothing don’t you 

I've worked on fixed-term contracts for 14 years. I know if my current employer let's me go tomorrow  .... I get all the money I'm owed until September 2025. I know fixed term contracts offer a lot better protection than being on a permanent contract; with statutory redundancy being a fraction of what I'll get if I'm let go.

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

I've worked on fixed-term contracts for 14 years. I know if my current employer let's me go tomorrow  .... I get all the money I'm owed until September 2025. I know fixed term contracts offer a lot better protection than being on a permanent contract; with statutory redundancy being a fraction of what I'll get if I'm let go.

Players come & go at clubs up & down the country regardless if under contract still. There will be a few under contract now that won’t be here the start of next season that I’m pretty sure of 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What squad did he build at Huddersfield?? when he went there on the 21st of September didn't he? or shall we judge him on the actual squads he built at Doncaster,WBA and Sheff Wed ?

I’ve already said I was incorrect with the squad comment. Let’s all forgot the bloke has only won 5 games this season. Sheffield Fans don’t rate him if you look at comments on Facebook. Only group of fans I can see that rate him are Doncaster. 

Just now, werstayinup said:

No idea if this is true or not but someone has said on FB that DM has averaged 1.58 points a game at Vale that if over a full season would be 70 points with a poor team.........  like I said though no idea if that is true or not

Yeah that ain’t close to being true. 11 points in 17 games. This over a season wouldn’t even get 30 points. 

• Like 3