onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

8 minutes ago, Osh said:

Sorry m8. Have to call this out as bollox. 

The club has been left in a pitiful state by Smurf and others. It is ramshackle and falling apart at the seems with many parts of the ground in a condemned state. 

Carol has had ZERO choice but to put in much needed funds to get the stadium in a fit state - even then we get his with unforeseen things like the paddock bogs that need doing. It's never ending. 

Shes done wonders for this club since being here. Has she made some big mistakes - absolutely and admits that. But it's never ever good enough for some people. They're just going to hate. 

If you don't want to go and watch the Vale that's your choice. I will continue and be a supporter. 

You could always turn left or right on the 500 if you prefer. Many have done so in the past. 

UTV

For one, I'd never support Stoke and secondly, forget about the early 'love-in'  with Carol. I do appreciate the fact that the Shanahan's came in and 'saved' the club when they did. I'm merely talking about the here and now, grave errors have been made on and off the pitch, there is no getting away from that. You are right, it's my choice and my money. I'm hurting like many others and it is my opinion based on supporting Vale for 49 years. I'm not a happy clapper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

39 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

It isn't just the letter though is it. There are a lot more examples that as owner she has overseen and been responsible for, that have upset supporters in one way or another. I for one, being a long term ST holder have taken a good look at myself and decided along with with a few others I'd imagine will not be renewing. Those actions speak louder than words.

Me too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Osh said:

What could she have said different ..??

Here's a challenge for you - go and get her letter and rewrite it completely as you believe it should be written and post it here. 

Looking forward to it. 

Covered in my post and Wozzas.  DF and previous condescending tone.

pointless writing a letter - Carols had 2 goes herself and is obviously happy she’s addressed it to her satisfaction.

i look forward to your other end of the D-Road response, however will still be buying 4 season tickets and will continue to support 5he club.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Not a dig,so you ditch a manager with like it or not a proven track record(not given time at Huddersfield to rebuild,they are still bottom 3 without him) after 16/17 games with NONE of his own players at all? Totally agree with everyone that the football has been very very poor maybe even worse and sadly for him he isn't the Adams type manager at interviews that some demand(it's what happens behind closed doors thats important to me).

We all have differing views on managers that come to Vale BUT one thing i will always do is give them a chance with their OWN squad and see where we go from there. only my opinion of course and again we all differ so i respect your views also

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruits

"A proven track record" 5 wins in the last 39 even with poor squads paints a different picture. Perhaps the "track record" only comes with a sizable budget. I guess only time will tell, or not.

I think the statement is fair enough.

i also think that two major things need to be done soonest.

1. Publish a retained list

2. Make 2 or 3 (maybe 4 or 5) key signings as early as possible.

If the club do that, they have a chance of stopping the awful negativity surrounding the club at the moment.

Like many others, I am keeping my season ticket money in my pocket until I see some sign that there is a plan beyond ‘working hard’ to put right the wrongs of the last 18 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, pete vale said:

For one, I'd never support Stoke and secondly, forget about the early 'love-in'  with Carol. I do appreciate the fact that the Shanahan's came in and 'saved' the club when they did. I'm merely talking about the here and now, grave errors have been made on and off the pitch, there is no getting away from that. You are right, it's my choice and my money. I'm hurting like many others and it is my opinion based on supporting Vale for 49 years. I'm not a happy clapper.

It's not a 'love in' as you like to decry others. It's a fact. We've got what we've got. Let's get in with it. 

• Like 2

For me she's in last chance saloon. She's recognized that mistakes were made, identified them and vowed to rectify from top to bottom. Get it wrong now and it will only prove that she's not the person to do the job to it's maximum potential

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

"A proven track record" 5 wins in the last 39 even with poor squads paints a different picture. Perhaps the "track record" only comes with a sizable budget. I guess only time will tell, or not.

Yes he has a proven track record,as i stated my thoughts on his time at Huddersfield and here,we can harp on about those 2 stints but at the same time we cant dismiss Sheff Wed,WBA and Doncaster where he managed to build at those clubs..... again only my opinion

Yes at a couple of those he would have sizeable budgets you would think but he still has to get players in so lets just see how he builds here in the summer,who knows come October i might be regretting my comments,hopefully i wont

Edited by werstayinup

She's backing DM and trusting him with the rebuild. 

I'll be renewing our season tickets and watching closely how the squad rebuild takes place.

DM has a lot to prove. I'm sure everyone will back him and, let's face it, we all want him to be a success and have us challenging at the top end of the division. 

UTV! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

A ‘Vale fan’ who allowed crooks into Vale Park and then ****ed off with his shares money.Some fan.

He did leave with his shares money but then who wouldn't after all the abuse! 

Peter Coates also fcked off from Stoke but came back stronger. Forgiveness is possible! 

• Like 2