onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

5 hours ago, Walka003 said:

She lost me when she backed Moore again. Loyalty Carol backing the wrong horse again.

Not sure she has a choice. If he’s not walking, and there is no break clause, then she HAS to back him. Can’t afford to pay him off. 

Advert

7 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

You see, when you royally <ovf censored> up in life (and we’ve all been there) you are normally held accountable to a handful of people. She’s accountable to thousands who have loved this club long before she was around.

That statement is like a fella begging his Mrs to stay, with a big speech about how he’s sorry for cheating and look at how much I love you.

There’s no disgrace in owning your <ovf censored> ups in life. 
One single sorry followed by how much I love you just doesn’t wash.

A better statement would have been how sorry she was in taking her eye off the ball. How sorry she was for giving Flitcroft those windows and allowing him to dictate the club. How sorry she was for not fixing things like the toilets in the paddock whilst yards away she eats prawn sandwiches with Robbie Williams. How sorry she was for getting rid of good people at the club who were at the heart of our play off success. How sorry she was for royally <ovf censored> up this football club when the fans were <ovf censored> telling her 18 months ago!

Her promises and words now mean nothing. 
Honeymoon period well and truly over.

You speak for a lot of us! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

At least we don't have to go back to that dive, barring a catastrophic balls up from Colchester. Which is also an awful ground.
Barnet, Bromley, Solihull, Gateshead and Halifax in the NL play offs is an equally depressing prospect, but Altrincham could be good a day out I imagine.
Solihull would be a good one. Nice little ground. Near Birmingham airport. Plenty around.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Wozza4England said:

For me there’s one gaping hole in her statement that leaves me some way short of getting back on board. Nowhere does she say backing Flitcroft was a mistake and nowhere does she apologise specifically for her previous ‘open letter’ where she had a really good go at belittling Vale fans.

Her ‘mistakes’ have had too big a consequence for a generic apology to suffice.

Nailed it.  Only actually apologised for results and other ‘non specific’ mistakes.

Happy to tell us in the last letter in no uncertain terms that Flitcroft certainly was not a mistake, and this comment that grated with most fans has certainly not been retracted.

That, and the general tone still leave a very bitter taste and after this latest letter still remain firmly on the table.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Actions speak much louder than words but people really do need to give her a fair chance to put things right before writing everyone and everything off.

🤣I mean, fair play to you, but this is the most dramatic change of opinion I’ve ever seen on here! Easily pleased by a pretty bland statement, or what?!

• Like 1

Words are cheap and we have heard crap like this from Carol before . I rather we had some honesty eg I couldn’t afford a new striker in January as the club is loosing £65k a week and I needed to address that or I trusted the Fraud to deliver and gave him full control that was my mistake. However it changes nothing at all we are down and we shouldn’t have been anywhere near given the cash we have spent .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wozza4England said:

For me there’s one gaping hole in her statement that leaves me some way short of getting back on board. Nowhere does she say backing Flitcroft was a mistake and nowhere does she apologise specifically for her previous ‘open letter’ where she had a really good go at belittling Vale fans.

Her ‘mistakes’ have had too big a consequence for a generic apology to suffice.

It's the sign of a bad leader when they can't admit to their mistakes.

We all know appointing Flitcroft WAS a mistake.

We all know that patronising letter belittling Vale fans WAS a mistake.

She's really missed a trick not apologising for those, which I think would have got the majority of Vale fan back on her side.

• Like 1

It’s pretty <ovf censored> obvious she knows she has made mistakes 

Some of u seriously need have a look at yourselves keep bangin on and beating her about a letter who really gives a <ovf censored> about it it made absolutely no difference to anything 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, grand prix pants said:

🤣I mean, fair play to you, but this is the most dramatic change of opinion I’ve ever seen on here! Easily pleased by a pretty bland statement, or what?!

Pleased? No. But at the end of the day, I'm quite sure she wants to make amends for a number of reasons. Any Vale fan will only be hoping she does exactly that, and so she needs to be given the chance at least. Me hoping she starts to get things right and giving her a chance to do so next season can be separated from the part she has played in this clusterfuck of a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Black N White said:

She had two seasons to apologise and put it right, she choose not to. 

Don’t want to hear it. She’s a joke. 

Attendances will probably half next season and that’s on you Carol.

Sell up and just go now. 

CAROL OUT! 

And exactly who do you want to take over. How many multi millionaires do you know in north Stoke on Trent...??

I've read some dumb messages on here in my time but this comes close to the best ever.

She's made mistakes - including on Flitcroft (the guy who helped recruit DC and some of the players that gave us one of best days ever at Wembley, and recruited Alfie and Ollie, but hey ho) - she's admitted mistakes. 

It's time to move on. As others have said, actions are what's needed - there are some quite poor players that need to be hot rid of, one way or another. 

Like Wrexham and Stockport, a new DoF needs a good budget and bring in some good players. Moore needs a good squad - not the shower of <ovf censored> he's got right now. If we can retain the key players and ask them to fight at least one season in EFL2 that will help. 

Lots to do. She's did it before - I'm happy to give her the time and space to do it again. 

UTV and KTF

• Like 9

The Port Vale women's team are still in with a chance of promotion. They play exciting football and score quite a few goals. 4 games left I think. I am sure they would appreciate any support and it is only £4 in at Kidsgrove. Good beer and you can watch the match while you drink it too. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Pleased? No. But at the end of the day, I'm quite sure she wants to make amends for a number of reasons. Any Vale fan will only be hoping she does exactly that, and so she needs to be given the chance at least. Me hoping she starts to get things right and giving her a chance to do so next season can be separated from the part she has played in this clusterfuck of a season.

Have a good summer fella