onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Colin Garlick.

59 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

It’s not an “old chestnut” though is it? It’s still raw considering it was only one year ago. 
The point being that from that point, give or take a few weeks, the club has been sinking like a ship ever since. 

Good people at this club have been tossed aside like yesterdays news. Colin being one.

I said all along Carol was being gaslighted by Flitcroft. I’ll stand by that forever and a day. And it’s not an easy thing to come to terms with once you realise it. 

Her relationship with Colin always seemed strong. And especially Clarke. 

It was a sad end and the start of our ultimate demise unless an absolute miracle happens on Saturday.

Agree. CG was a pivotal stong point in the stability and sensible decision making of the club. I feel it's no coincidence that the club has been in general disarray, since his swift and unexpected departure. Absolutely top bloke who kept our rickety ship steady, even in the roughest waters. 

• Like 8

Advert

3 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I think as time goes on, you can't describe Carol as inexperienced or not knowing what she's doing, so that would explain the "letting go" of experienced senior employees. All of which is fine except the jury is out at present on the current "powers that be". For me the model of trying to develop our own production line is going ok but lags behind the needs of the first team. Going down means it's going to be more difficult to attract the Arblaster / Devines of this world and Weir and the anonymous lad from Man U have been completely inadequate replacements.

Imagine if we’d got gore and Weir instead of Ollie and Allie!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

It’s not an “old chestnut” though is it? It’s still raw considering it was only one year ago. 
The point being that from that point, give or take a few weeks, the club has been sinking like a ship ever since. 

Good people at this club have been tossed aside like yesterdays news. Colin being one.

I said all along Carol was being gaslighted by Flitcroft. I’ll stand by that forever and a day. And it’s not an easy thing to come to terms with once you realise it. 

It was a sad end and the start of our ultimate demise unless an absolute miracle happens on Saturday.

This is fact. I not going to say how I know but here are the facts.

Colin was contracted to stay with the club to help the transition for Carol and Kevin so they could learn the ropes before doing it ‘their way’. He was due to leave after the pre season anyway but it was bought forward to March because It was unnecessary for him to stay beyond the end of season following structures implemented. The club felt well prepared and informed to tackle pre season duties without his experience.

A good man wasn’t tossed aside as you keep putting put it. Please stop peddling this line. It is incorrect.

A CEO leaving is not the reason the ship is sinking. 

• Like 3

On 17/04/2024 at 20:03, Spunk Trumpet said:

Still raw after a year?  Sorry, but are you related to the guy or have you gone soft?  What will be raw is the feeling I’m likely to have at full time tomorrow barring some sort of fluke, not an ex-employee, albeit well regarded, from a year past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Still raw after a year?  Sorry, but are you related to the guy or have you gone soft?  What will be raw is the feeling I’m likely to have at full time tomorrow barring some sort of fluke, not an ex-employee, albeit well regarded, from a year past.

It’s raw because of how it was done and our demise since. 
I don’t know the man personally but how he went from Carols go to guy, to leaving alone on the pitch, within 24 hours, should have sent red flags to everyone. 

We are down. 
The feeling I will have tomorrow won’t be anything near as the anger I had when Flitcroft and Crosby continually overstayed their welcome at this club.

Almost all could see it. Apart from the person that matters.

Bolton to score 4 or more tomorrow is 5-1. 
To score 5 or more is 12-1. 
To score 6 or more is 28-1.

Lump on all three and there’s your season ticket for next season.

On 18/04/2024 at 06:12, MBE said:

This is fact. I not going to say how I know but here are the facts.

Colin was contracted to stay with the club to help the transition for Carol and Kevin so they could learn the ropes before doing it ‘their way’. He was due to leave after the pre season anyway but it was bought forward to March because It was unnecessary for him to stay beyond the end of season following structures implemented. The club felt well prepared and informed to tackle pre season duties without his experience.

A good man wasn’t tossed aside as you keep putting put it. Please stop peddling this line. It is incorrect.

A CEO leaving is not the reason the ship is sinking. 

That is not the real story. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That is not the real story. 

I will tell you as I see it after going vale over 60 year. We had a great secretary (or whatever you want to call him) he was just tossed aside basically s**t on. We had a groundsman who worked his nuts off on a <ovf censored> pitch for 40 years, s**t on, then they decide invest in the pitch.  There was also alot of other good staff got rid of. Alot say Carol is good, well I am just a Vale fan who wants the best for our club. I can say alot she has done has been crap. If the toilets were in a state in Robbies would she have left them to the end of the season? Carol has been so pre occupied with the community side of things. She has not invested on the pitch. What is the point in having a good ground if the team on the  pitch is crap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1