onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

Why? What would a public apology do? I was in favour of it previously but now think it’s just a waste of time and more ‘circus’ shenanigans. We’ve had enough silly statements for the next decade. 

Just quietly get relegated without drawing too much attention to ourselves and spend the summer sorting it all out. No slogans, statements, nowt. Just win games of football next season and everything quickly gets forgotten.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Advert

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I beg to differ.  Clarke has a proven track record at the level below so was a solid appointment.  Where Flitcroft got lucky was that Clarke replicated that success with us in achieving another promotion, which could in no way be guaranteed let alone in the short timescale it took.  I feel your negative bias towards Clarke has blinkered your judgement on this one.  Fair to say however that this success also probably played into Flitcroft’s hands in the sense that it made it harder for the powers that be to accept that he wasn’t capable of turning things around.  Naturally the manager would get the axe first as is always the case.  Then we’re in the wait and see cycle again until finally, after changing several managers and pressure from the fans the lightbulb has had to come on.

I wasn't even aware of Clarke other than seeing him play for us for about 5 minutes until it was rumoured that he was going to be our manager. I asked someone who knew him what he thought and he wasn't very complimentary. I also read into his history at various clubs on the internet and concluded that he is an average manager who has a massive opinion of himself, a massive chip on his shoulder about the fact that he didn't do as well as a footballer as he thought he should and an inability to recognise his own failings. Cheltenham Town fans seem divided on his merits too incidentally. . I wanted him to be a fantastic manager and propel us to greater success on the pitch but that didn't happen.

image.thumb.png.93ffec5b71d7ce7e40c5f65e634fb394.png

1 hour ago, Santa said:

I genuinely don’t have a problem with Holland’s. The balti pie is great.

The balti is certainly the best but I’d describe it as passable. The peppered steak and meat and potato are a disgrace to the good name of pies!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Gammon said:

Never understood why they don’t just sell oatcakes instead of pies. Mind…they need to prep em quicker 

Love oatcakes but the van outside does the job for that if people want it (that’s where I’ve been going instead of pies). But if I’m at the football I want a pie not an oatcake. Bring back Wrights!

8 minutes ago, Tim vlf said:

wrights are <ovf censored> always have been

Agree could be better but they are light years ahead of Holland’s. Best pie of the season award goes to Wigan, beautiful stuff. Shame I won’t be tasting it again next year 😭

55 minutes ago, Jim Gammon said:

I know but they are a long wait. I missed the start of the Boro game waiting for mine. 

You'll be fine mate against Harrogate and the like especially a night match . Be no queues those games. 

To be honest the cheese and onion Holland pie was lovely the highlight of the afternoon for me as our players seemed to me have left the ground at half time .

Don't try convince me otherwise 

I watched football since I was 8 .

Exeter were there be hammeredat half time 

That second half was bizarre and seemed to me like the players were try prove a point to someone I wonder who, maybe someone should ask them as there wasn't  any after match interview from any of them .

Carol buy winners and try to negotiate the release of anyone who has failed you this season 

Do not try throw it back at the supporters either why is when attacking the hamil the players seem to play worse maybe you should ask them after all there phenomenal .

The fans were great first half 👍 so let's not pretend it's there fault as were the players .

How to go from heroes to zeroes 

Maybe someone's hurt the players feelings oh diddums. 

Man up players 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Good post Joe.

Part I don't agree with is the weakness of the league. I get that Stockport and Wrexham have bypassed us. But there are always flies in the ointment and surprises. 

Who'd of called Orient as Champions and Stevenage runners up last season. 

You only have to look at our friends from Swindon since the play off semi to see how it can go. 

I sadly anticipate a minimum of 5 years again meandering around before we are back. It's the Vale cycle.

By which time another 5 years of my life has passed and I'm in my 60's.

Success next season seems a forlorn hope to me with this sad bunch of losers. I hope I'm wrong obviously but weaker league or not there are still plenty of candidates to go up.

Cheltenham,MK Dons , Doncaster who are ending the season tremendously. We need another reset which will cost a packet.

I don't want to turn up in August with Jones,Lowe,Massey,Loft, Debrah,Grant etc still at the club .

It galling to say this But jones , Loft,  Grant , Sang , OJO , the Yak , Smith , Ben G , Ripley and Chislett are all under contract next season , Bar Ben G or Chislett  I can’t see anyone who is saleable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Why? What would a public apology do? I was in favour of it previously but now think it’s just a waste of time and more ‘circus’ shenanigans. We’ve had enough silly statements for the next decade. 

Just quietly get relegated without drawing too much attention to ourselves and spend the summer sorting it all out. No slogans, statements, nowt. Just win games of football next season and everything quickly gets forgotten.

Does that mean that we sweep everything under the carpet, before wrapping everything up with a shiny bow for next season? 

2 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

It galling to say this But jones , Loft,  Grant , Sang , OJO , the Yak , Smith , Ben G , Ripley and Chislett are all under contract next season , Bar Ben G or Chislett  I can’t see anyone who is saleable 

I know mate. Wishful thinking on my part. Was hoping for amicable parting of ways. 

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It must be fun being a happy clapper! 

The poster that was aimed at is a long way from being a happy clapper.

I've had enough of words coming out of Vale.  I'd probably wouldn't even bother reading the whole thing if carol issued an apology.

I want see an apology in the form of getting rid of the squad and putting something together to buy into and make an attempt at getting us back up.

Will that actually happen?

<ovf censored> knows!!!

But thats the only way I'll ever start to fully buy into Carol again.

I'm not interested in apologies, every single person knows where this has gone wrong.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

The poster that was aimed at is a long way from being a happy clapper.

I've had enough of words coming out of Vale.  I'd probably wouldn't even bother reading the whole thing if carol issued an apology.

I want see an apology in the form of getting rid of the squad and putting something together to buy into and make an attempt at getting us back up.

Will that actually happen?

<ovf censored> knows!!!

But thats the only way I'll ever start to fully buy into Carol again.

I'm not interested in apologies, every single person knows where this has gone wrong.

You have hit the nail firmly on the head! No ambition in the football... Nothing but a vanity project. 

Describing the players as 'phenomenal' puts the icing on the cake. Whatever her business credentials... She can't run a football club!