onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

Advert

20 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Pack the park. Haha. Come on mate. There won't be 6,000 there such is the absolute shower on show. All the cheering, clapping and shouting in the world won't turn this bunch into decent footballers anyway.

Moore will no doubt manage to select a starting 11 absolutely nobody else would pick.

We're down and have been for many weeks. Accept it and look forward to (hopefully) a rebuild.

Negative Person. I think there will be nearer 7000 than 6000 to be honest & we will loud to see us over the line . 3 poor teams one stays us !

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I hope they don't try to create an atmosphere on Saturday by having the pre-match music at deafening volume again... 

Or those flame thrower boxes we had many years ago.  However, the music played when they went off was good.  Our current squad would run into them and burn themselves 🤣

• Haha 1

Just going give you a insight into why I think the way I do 

V Bristol Rovers Debrah was hurling long throws into the opposition box yet in the 3 away games I'm not sure whether we did launch 1 into the box ,.he didn't play v. Wigan and Peterborough I know we could have used his throw plus in his younger days he was a forward so try him 

I find it quite strange really .

There's a few things which don't add up for me there seems no great effort to get back into games when concede first for 1 whys that someone just enlighten me .

Are the players not desperate to win football games if they are you could have fooled me at no point did them scoring first hurt the players into a response at any point .

Moore speaks more about the fans on his pre match thing than the players.

All the encouraging in the world won't change a thing if you sub like for like .

At no point has he tried Uche /Loft .

Mightens disappeared Lopacos disappeared ,Gore has never appeared.

Chisletts lost his way whys that Moore he is quality help him find his way again by showing videos of all his goals and tell him you believe in him cause I do .

Have a go at me if you like but why were 3 players marking 1 forward Randall and how come he had a free shot with 2 seconds of first half remaining whoevers man he was gave Peterborough lift off .

Moore what's with having every Vale player back at oppositions corners have you heard of a quick counter to score well law of averages say someones going switch off a -28 goal difference tells you that resoundedly that's the case far too often this season .

Exeter are a very good team Vale will need be a 1000 times more braver than Wed to win 

Only the brave will survive now 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Injured again. Jesus.

Pointless asking Jesus, he may have turned water into wine but he even he won't turn Jones into a consistently fit footballer !!

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

Sorry to be the grim reaper here....😁

The Vale drifting rather badly here, 10/11 all week, now out to 23/20....

👍😬

Bookies odds are about them making as much money as possible rather than actual team performance though.

14 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Just going give you a insight into why I think the way I do 

V Bristol Rovers Debrah was hurling long throws into the opposition box yet in the 3 away games I'm not sure whether we did launch 1 into the box ,.he didn't play v. Wigan and Peterborough I know we could have used his throw plus in his younger days he was a forward so try him 

I find it quite strange really .

There's a few things which don't add up for me there seems no great effort to get back into games when concede first for 1 whys that someone just enlighten me .

Are the players not desperate to win football games if they are you could have fooled me at no point did them scoring first hurt the players into a response at any point .

Moore speaks more about the fans on his pre match thing than the players.

All the encouraging in the world won't change a thing if you sub like for like .

At no point has he tried Uche /Loft .

Mightens disappeared Lopacos disappeared ,Gore has never appeared.

Chisletts lost his way whys that Moore he is quality help him find his way again by showing videos of all his goals and tell him you believe in him cause I do .

Have a go at me if you like but why were 3 players marking 1 forward Randall and how come he had a free shot with 2 seconds of first half remaining whoevers man he was gave Peterborough lift off .

Moore what's with having every Vale player back at oppositions corners have you heard of a quick counter to score well law of averages say someones going switch off a -28 goal difference tells you that resoundedly that's the case far too often this season .

Exeter are a very good team Vale will need be a 1000 times more braver than Wed to win 

Only the brave will survive now 

I thought we set up for a draw on Wednesday evening and were completely outplayed and if memory confirms we hardly raised an effort in anger and we need goals to win games and are relying on a very average striker by the name of two goal loft but we need to play chislet from the start and stop messing about and they have a very quick striker in wilshut and we need a win as tge teams below us like Cheltenham and burton will not do us any favours and our goal difference is very poor which could be a real deciding factor come the end of the season but I will be there to support as normal 

• Like 1

Now players are back from injury Moore seems to be playing 'our' players and not the loan players. Mighten was defensively woeful in the last appearances he made and shouldn't play again while we're fighting to stay up. Moore also seems to like playing forwards in pairs - Loft and Massey are then replaced by Uche and Dipepa. I can't see this changing although I think Uche and Dipepa are the more threatening - and I use the term 'threatening' lightly.

Dan Jones has a mistake in him every game and isn't a left back. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. 

Chislett needs to play tomorrow and we need to find a way to get him and Garrity further forward as they're our best chance of scoring.

UTV

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vale_Legend said:

Now players are back from injury Moore seems to be playing 'our' players and not the loan players. Mighten was defensively woeful in the last appearances he made and shouldn't play again while we're fighting to stay up. Moore also seems to like playing forwards in pairs - Loft and Massey are then replaced by Uche and Dipepa. I can't see this changing although I think Uche and Dipepa are the more threatening - and I use the term 'threatening' lightly.

Dan Jones has a mistake in him every game and isn't a left back. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. 

Chislett needs to play tomorrow and we need to find a way to get him and Garrity further forward as they're our best chance of scoring.

UTV

If Mighton plays it should be as a forward. Offers very little defensively. He is the only attacking player who offers something different and can turn defenses. 

22 minutes ago, Vale_Legend said:

UTV

Term "threatening lightly" - use tickling lightly threatening.

Just now, JRC said:

If Mighton plays it should be as a forward. Offers very little defensively. He is the only attacking player who offers something different and can turn defenses. 

But DM does not use him and previous club he was there, did not use him. 

17 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be used. Just means DM won’t use him.

Edited by philpvfc
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

He hasn't but he's had a foot injury for a few games. Forest have played him as a forward. I don't think Moore rates him and played him at wingback at Wednesday. He's not a prolific goal scorer but as a defender I'd rather face Massey. Moore seems to prefer Massey's industry to Mighton's flare, or Chislett. At some point Moore has got to try something to get us more on the front foot. I still think we need to win the next 3 games. 

Playing 2 strikers ( loosely speaking) isn't making us more productive in terms of goals. I think with the players we have 2 tens get more goals in the team. A lot depends on Ojo being fit as we'll get overpowered in central midfield with any of the other possible pairings. In the ideal world the 2 10s would be Garrity and Chislett.  One, or maybe both, will be in central midfield on Saturday. Mighton and Weir can both play as 10s and I don't think either is less likely to score than Massey.