onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We need 12 points from 7 games

10 hours ago, nickkidsgrove said:

I’ve never started a topic, but we need 11 points ( ask the great JR ) to stay in the league 1. 50 points is the holy grail. That means 4 wins in the last 7 games. 
Not possible, unless we gain the form of the start of the season. Slag me off, but my small light of hope had been rekindled after back to back wins. Now it’s gone, the half time substitutes at Northampton goes to show that we have overpaid players that have games played in there contracts. 
Conor grant has brought nothing to this club. Has a wide player he can’t cross, has a defender he can’t tackle. The same goes for Lionel ( Massey ) he’s now started playing better because his out of contract this summer (Thank the Lord ). 
Conclusion, I will attend the final 3 home games, which includes travelling back from business to see the Wycombe game and buy my season ticket for next year. 
I will always be there, my club will always be there. <ovf censored> players will come and go. Take the club to the grave!!!

Six games left fella .

Good post though .

Was full of optimism myself after BR that was the most committed every player home performance for for me many a year .

I think we have had players who have carried us these past 2 seasons ,but ultimately as of 7.08 thurs the 4th of April 2024 we are in the relegation area so  ultimately as of today they haven't being good enough .

The Northampton display made no sense to me .

When 1 -0 down second half did we throw the kitchen sink at the opposition

We're we brave 

Was losing not a option because if it wasn't a option then why apart from the Uche chance did we create diddly squat .

Was it because the players once fell behind in the game , they mentally caved in because it hasn't just being happening this season it's being happening for many a season even when got promoted we wobbled ridiculously in home defeats, v Newport and Bristol Rovers and away at Walsall )ok different players mostly but same weak Vale mentality).

Yet our away followers keep turning up 1500 odd already going Wigan  maybe it be 1800 to 2000 by sat , 2500 be going Bolton I mean 736 racked up at Northampton expecting see another BR, performance the  2 goals scored by the cobblers you would have to question the desire and recovery running of the right sided player Sang twice,  and surely Debrah should have just stepped across to deal with Pinnock the fact he ran through and scored was absolutely pathetic in terms of defensive structure .

So the sands of time are running out on the Vale .

Will always love them but we need players who can consistently reach the levels of the BR game .

Too many times our players come off with no better than a 4 as a mark by there names 

It's pathetic. 

Bare minimum we need from all starting 11 is 6s all round .

Can they be trusted put the level of performances in required 

I'd say No and I'm generally where Vales concerned the most positive of followers .

Really hurt by overall how poor its being 

They have made a lot of Saturdays and most Tuesdays a very subdued after match bounce,no bounce most of time ,in fact until the BR game they had killed my love for them completely .

Think last home game I went was Oxford and I'm a season ticket holder .

I don't take too kindly too watching rubbish .

Let's hope that in future seasons it becomes a very good watch and the players who generally since 1st Jan 2023 find other clubs to bring there clubs fans to there knees .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Advert

I think we'll pick up 7pts at most and lose out to Cheltenham to stay up, which shows how dreadful we've been this season as Cheltenham hadn't even scored a goal in the first 25% of the season never mind win a game.

We've been massively let down with recruitment, and even players released that shouldn't have been.

• Like 6

It's a 3 horse race v 2 teams with worse form than us and very little to split us as far as points go. It may not happen, but don't understand where this, "not possible" line is coming from at the moment. We have to play 4 teams on the beach (I'm hoping Cambridge are one of them last game) where we have a good chance of getting 7 or 8 points from them. Personally think that will be enough. But that leaves Bolton, hoping they have one eye on rhe playoffs that game, and Peterborough which is always tough. 1 point from those 2 is a tall order, but not impossible, look at Carlisle they've taken 6 points from them away from home.

It won't be easy, far from it, but it's not this miracle some are making out. We deserve to be in the position we're in now, but similarly, if we go down from this position, we'll also deserve to go as we've got a great chance. Would only have ourselves to blame.

• Like 3

No doubt this will go to the wire and all is very difficult to predict adding in the factor of teams already on the beach, or fighting for survival and relegation.

We have a couple of tough away games that we need a point from Wigan or hopefully snatch a win, but if we base this on 1 point taken. Ideally next we could do with winning both or taking 4 point from the Exeter and Wycombe games, we could potentially win both but we have all been home games this season where the potential has not happend (both 2 point and 4 point scenarios shown below). So if we only get 2 points then the last game of the season we need to win and then goal difference could decide who goes. A big game for us would be Burton v Cheltenham ideally this needs to be a draw with either winning and us not getting the points we need beforehand could seal our fate (Burton still have +3 goals on us).

Ideally we win at Wigan, beat Exeter and Wycombe at home and then rest easy on the 27th

image.thumb.png.350b43b3e1ed095173eeece2b0e8bdbb.png

image.thumb.png.fe0be096bdf1ada890074549cdd2f799.png

• Like 1

I don’t think Cheltenham get more than 8 points, and even that would necessitate a massive reversal in form for them. I think they’ll do well to hit 6. Imo Burton are finished.

3 wins, or 2 wins and 3 draws, should do it. 

Exeter, Cambridge, and Wigan/Wycombe are the big ones. It’s completely doable. 

• Like 1

I think we can write off Posh and Bolton (hope to be wrong), but I think we will need another 7 or 8 points. So 2 wins and 2 draws.

I cannot see us getting anything at Wigan, so that makes it even more tricky. Thankfully I gave up ages so if we stay up it is a massive bonus.

• Like 2

We have 6 games left, we target 18 points - it's that simple, nothing less.

Uche up front on his own is NOT THE ANSWER.

Monday we reverted to type in the second half, if we are going to continue with Ripley seeing more of the ball than any other player we should play Leutwiler in goal and shove Conner up front.

I don’t see Burton winning 4 out of 5 so I would be surprised if we needed 12 points to finish above them.

As for Cheltenham, they would need 13 points out of 7 games to likely stay up on GD if we got 12 more points. That would have to be W3 D4 L0 or W4 D1. Cheltenham might be capable of 10 or 11 points in a best case scenario but they would do extremely well to get 13.

I’m sticking my neck out but I’d be comfortable with 10 points, maybe 9 if our goal difference was better. That said there’s only five goals in it which could still be swung in our favour. 

Just pointing out we've won five games in seven months. We've scored the third fewest goals away from home and our current group of four strikers have seven goals between them all season, and Wilson has four of those.

We're doomed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Granville said:

Just pointing out we've won five games in seven months. We've scored the third fewest goals away from home and our current group of four strikers have seven goals between them all season, and Wilson has four of those.

We're doomed.

We’ve also picked up 7 points from 15 and kept 3 clean sheets in 5 games. That sort of run extended over the last 6 will probably keep us up. Our underlying numbers have shot up over the last 5 games. 

I don’t think there’s much use looking at form from when Crosby was in charge or Moore had just arrived, or when Garrity was injured. The forwards might not score many but Garrity and Chislett have scored almost 20 combined. Dipepa has 2 in his last 4. Garrity is scoring again. 

Right now, we’re in the best form of the three teams fighting for 20th, with 3-4 fixtures against dead rubber teams and 3 of the last 4 at home.

We just need to keep going as we’re going, whilst Cheltenham and Burton need to turn round 8-9 games of crap.

It’s in the balance but it’s not a certainty at all. 

• Like 1

If we get even 1 draw from Posh/Bolton that would exceed any expectations of our possible points total. My personal view is that can Peterborough really be bothered for our game? They lost to Carlisle 3-1 at home, so are beatable and although in the playoffs, they are secure in those really with not that much to play for that’s highly motivating. 

2 hours ago, Granville said:

We're doomed.

Thank you Fraser, now fall in with the rest of the men, there's a good chap. 

"Ay, Cap'n Mainwairing, ay".

• Haha 1

If and I know it’s a big if. We can take it to the last game of the season and Gibbo does us a massive favour, penalty conceded or an own goal. A bit like Lee Collins RIP, did for us when we drew 2-2 with Northampton 2013, when we got promoted. 🙏🏽🫰