onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

12 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Where does this notion that Harratt is superb come from for some people? He works hard, sure, but he averaged a goal every 6 games in League Two for us and has scored 1 goal for Huddersfield since in the league. "Gagging for success" is complete hyperbole. That's not even mentioning he clearly has bad habits off the pitch.

I think it's from short-sighted Vale fans that just remember his assist + goal in the playoff semi and final.

If we signed someone else with the exact same stats there would up uproar on here.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I think it's from short-sighted Vale fans that just remember his assist + goal in the playoff semi and final.

If we signed someone else with the exact same stats there would up uproar on here.

Love an ex player on here mate. 

Gibbo, Harratt etc. 

Not seen anyone mentioning getting Small back yet after he was a regular at Charlton. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Love an ex player on here mate. 

Gibbo, Harratt etc. 

Not seen anyone mentioning getting Small back yet after he was a regular at Charlton. 

I expect Small would be good if played somewhere near his proper position. This is a dig at our previous manager in case of any doubt...

Posted (edited)

We could do worse than James Gibbons.

He tore Swindon and Mansfield to ribbons.

He left with high stock, but a classic Vale crock.

An upgrade on recent provisions?

Edited by 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bomber said:

We do have a lot of history playing players out of position. Hope we can put that to bed! Horses for coarse! 

One of the most frustrating thing about being a Vale fan is watching manager after manager do this.

How hard is it to pick a formation, then sign at least 2 players for each position?

Trying to be as realistic as possible, knowing we can't really get rid of everyone we want to, i reckon we have 8 players that could more than compete in L2:

Ripley
Debbie
Smith
Clarke
Ojo
Plant
Garrity
Chiz

Debz and plant however can be hit and miss given their age and Clarkes injury record can't be trusted. So that could be down too 5.

If we assumed all the young lads sign up, which obviously isn't a given, I'd also keep Sang and Jones as squad fillers, I don't think either of them are bad enough that we need to actively look to move them on. Given them 20 mins here and there when they are required and let them see out their contracts quietly.

According to the retained list, we are in talks to resign Wynne and Uche. The mind boggles really but if the monies right and the manager likes them I guess they fall into that squad filler category.

I'd be actively looking to flog/release/pay up Loft, Grant, Yak, Lowe and Cass. This list would be bigger in an ideal world but I'm trying to be realistic .

If the above happens, that leave us with a squad of 16 (including Dipepa Walters lomax and Shorrock who may be involved or may go out on loan). So there is some wiggle room there to potentially bring a decent number of players in, let's say we go with a squad of 25, 9 players could make a fair difference to this squad.

Outside of the obvious (strikers, back up goalie) it's hard to know where we are going to strengthen without knowing what formation Moore is going to go for. Interesting summer ahead.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Trying to be as realistic as possible, knowing we can't really get rid of everyone we want to, i reckon we have 8 players that could more than compete in L2:

Ripley
Debbie
Smith
Clarke
Ojo
Plant
Garrity
Chiz

Debz and plant however can be hit and miss given their age and Clarkes injury record can't be trusted. So that could be down too 5.

If we assumed all the young lads sign up, which obviously isn't a given, I'd also keep Sang and Jones as squad fillers, I don't think either of them are bad enough that we need to actively look to move them on.

According to the retained list, we are in talks to resign Wynne and Uche. The mind boggles really but if the monies right and the manager likes them I guess they fall into that squad filler category.

I'd be actively looking to flog/release/pay up Loft, Grant, Yak, Lowe and Cass. This list would be bigger in an ideal world but I'm trying to be realistic emoji28.png.

If the above happens, that leave us with a squad of 16 (including Dipepa Walters lomax and Shorrock who may be involved or may go out on loan). So there is some wiggle room there to potentially bring a decent number of players in, let's say we go with a squad of 25, 9 players could make a fair difference to this squad.

Outside of the obvious (strikers, back up goalie) it's hard to know where we are going to strengthen without knowing what formation Moore is going to go for. Interesting summer ahead.

Jones 🤔 he’s never fit & a liability if he is. Get rid of the clown. I’d rather keep Yak over Jones. Just as clumsy but at least he’s available more. Wouldn’t be against Cass either in league 2 myself.

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Jones he’s never fit & a liability if he is. Get rid of the clown 
He played 22 times for us in our last promotion season, rarely put a foot wrong that year. We aren't in league one anymore.

Like I say, we can't realistically get rid of everyone. If some have to stay, I don't think Jones is the worst player to keep around.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

He played 22 times for us in our last promotion season, rarely put a foot wrong that year. We aren't in league one anymore.

Like I say, we can't realistically get rid of everyone. If some have to stay, I don't think Jones is the worst player to keep around.

Don’t think he’s played 10 games since. Waste of a wage for me, I actually thought he struggled at times even in league 2. All opinions of course mate. Needs to get fit & stay fit obviously first & foremost. At his best I feel when he played central of a back 3 for a little bit. Rumour are he’s been back in training for a bit & hasn’t even been making the squad, I don’t think Moore rates him & can see him being moved on 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Ripley
Debbie
Smith
Clarke
Ojo
Plant
Garrity
Chiz

If we assumed all the young lads sign up, which obviously isn't a given, I'd also keep Sang and Jones as squad fillers, I don't think either of them are bad enough that we need to actively look to move them on. Given them 20 mins here and there when they are required and let them see out their contracts quietly.

I'd be actively looking to flog/release/pay up Loft, Grant, Yak, Lowe and Cass. This list would be bigger in an ideal world but I'm trying to be realistic emoji28.png.

I can't see how anyone would keep Jones over Iacovitti and Cass!? Swap those around in someway and you're not far off what I'd be looking to do either!  Jones can't pass, head or tackle, poor injury record and wasn't very good in league two last time! Get rid, a true liability of a footballer! 

Tbh none of our defenders last season particularly covered themselves with glory so Smith is a lucky boy he's contracted as well imo but he wasn't bad in league two previously so that probably just saves him.

Wynne we can't really judge as we've not seen him play but we need an out and out left back so would make sense in someways to give him a chance.  Uche I can see the physicality side of his game being useful but we can't afford 2 forwards who don't score(him and Loft) so that's my issue there.  Loft simply has to be moved on if Uche stays.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Jones 🤔 he’s never fit & a liability if he is. Get rid of the clown. I’d rather keep Yak over Jones. Just as clumsy but at least he’s available more. Wouldn’t be against Cass either in league 2 myself.

Keeping Jones? Jesus Christ!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Not if you're a physio and want to be kept in work - he's ideal for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1