onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

25 minutes ago, Warren said:

The retained list is on the website. Not unexpected. At L2 level this is a competitive squad as we have seen when playing L2 teams last season. Good idea to play players in their best positions - such as Sang. But with young players coming through that is pretty much a full squad. So my question is what trading is likely to occur as we all know where the weaknesses are even if the intrinsic squad is not too bad.  

No it isn’t. We played league 2 sides with Arblaster and Devine. Take garrity and chislett out as they will leave and we are not remotely close. This squad is the complete opposite of competitive. And let’s not get carried away with the league 2 sides we beat this season. Sutton have been relegated, Crewe out played us and we played well at Mansfield. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Big difference between L1 and L2 so be careful what we wish for. Persuading good players to join us in L2 not going to be easy. Re Uche, he's a pain in the arse for opposition defences. Every team needs one who isn't necessarily prolific. His problem has been he's being judged on goals because we haven't got any other strikers capable of scoring. If we can pick up at least 2 goalscorers then uche will be a big asset playing alongside them.

Big careful for what you wish for? That is the most over used phrase used by people that do not like change.

Uche create's bugger all for anybody. He's got 1 goal and 1 assist all season.

I would love to be the manager of a team playing against Uche because he would be easy to defend against because he's got no end product at all.

If you want a stat, Ryan Loft scored twice as many goals for Vale than Uche

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Big difference between L1 and L2 so be careful what we wish for. Persuading good players to join us in L2 not going to be easy. Re Uche, he's a pain in the arse for opposition defences. Every team needs one who isn't necessarily prolific. His problem has been he's being judged on goals because we haven't got any other strikers capable of scoring. If we can pick up at least 2 goalscorers then uche will be a big asset playing alongside them.

We playing 3 strikers then? I’m sorry but a striker, in fact a footballer shouldn’t be missing chances like on Saturday. 

Not sure what be careful what you wish for is suggesting. We’ve just been relegated with possibly the worst vale side I have ever seen. Some of these muppets aren’t league 2 players. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The thought process is: We can’t afford anyone better and if you think Uche is bad, wait until you see who else we can attract. 

It’s James Wilson last season all over again. We might let him go, but Uche will reappear in August, unfit, without a pre season, signing a desperate deal when we have nobody else. 

The retained list says it all.  Another season of relegation battles are on the way - please prove me and others wrong for thinking this.  But hay Carol gets Community Award Div 2 for her mantle piece.  Then Conference Community Club Award.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

The thought process is: We can’t afford anyone better and if you think Uche is bad, wait until you see who else we can attract. 

It’s James Wilson last season all over again. We might let him go, but Uche will reappear in August, unfit, without a pre season, signing a desperate deal when we have nobody else. 

If we can't afford anyone better on is supposed wages we may as well close the doors now & never open them again.

• Like 2

We can all be guilty of over reaction and knee jerk statements. It's hurt us all this collapse from October onwards.

However I'm really struggling to comprehend that some of these players will be ok in League 2. 

They are mentally weak, indeed physically weak. No backbone or guts.

It's highly likely due to the ludicrous contracts that we are lumbered with some. There has got to be a lot of wriggle room for Moore otherwise unless we get 6 or 7 new starters next season we could be in for a bumpy ride.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Vtid said:

Just can’t see us getting anymore than 500k for him due to the fact it’s Vale & any half decent money signs & we’ll prob take it. I’d be looking for more myself like you but don’t think we will get more than half a mill 

The u-17 Euros tournament takes place in a few weeks (20 May - 5 June), so assuming that Dipepa will be in the England squad, a good showing from him may increase his value a bit?

England are in a group with France, Portugal & Spain.......so should be a piece of piss! 😆

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

This squad's not got a competitive bone between them

Uche gets stuck in. But the physicality issue is there, you're right. It particularly showed up against stronger teams such as Middlesbrough. 

Thinking about it Clark got seriously injured when he got stuck in and the opponent fell on top of him. I saw that one close up. It was one of the tragedies of last season. 

The young lads deserve their chance to show they are ready for men's football game after game including the get stuck in bit. 

We are missing a total thug - e.g. Dennis Wise, Stuart Pearce. They also had considerable skill as well. Pearce's tackle on Pat Nevin at Goodison Park still remains the worst tackle I've every seen including the one on Talbot at Vale Park. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

My thought was build the stadium on training ground switch the  ground  to a training area with hotel, . Takes a lot of cash  but so will the refurbished vale park .

13 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Not meaning to be negative, but I just don’t see the cost-benefit of your proposal.

£30 million upwards to build the new stadium.

£10 million upwards to convert the ground to include training pitches and to build a new hotel as part of the complex.

The only new revenue stream this produces is the hotel, and Vale are located in a  town in which long-standing hotels already struggle to make any profit.

12 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Not negative at all a structured arrangement why it out of reach think you 

A "structured arrangement" to spend upwards of £40 million, for which you haven't identified any source(s) of funding, and for which you haven't identified any cost-benefit(s) of your proposal.

Please would you explain what you mean by a "structured arrangement" which addresses both of those points - source(s) of funding, and cost-benefit(s) of your proposal?

What's wrong with Vale Park? It just needs a facelift. A sustained return to Championship level is not likely to happen and there are about 8k core PV supporters. I am happy to do enough to become a consistently sustainable L1 team. With a lot more care, we could have just achieved that modest ambition. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

The u-17 Euros tournament takes place in a few weeks (20 May - 5 June), so assuming that Dipepa will be in the England squad, a good showing from him may increase his value a bit?

England are in a group with France, Portugal & Spain.......so should be a piece of piss! 😆

Definitely mate! The international stage is the place to shine if he wants a big move 👌🏻 

My thought was build the stadium on training ground switch the  ground  to a training area with hotel, . Takes a lot of cash  but so will the refurbished vale park .
Is not the training ground council owned? The Old Rec in Hanley was, too. Would have had a compact ground in the city centre.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

No I don't but my personal opinion is that Debrah is dreadful and can't trap a bag of sand. We need better. 

I think he will do ok in league 2. He jumped from the national league to league 1. League 2 he should do alright.

• Like 3