onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Given that very few teams bounce back straight away and with all our under contract players...Next season for me is a write off. Following season build then 2026/27 promotion....be great if that's not the case in a positive way however manager ownership matters could equally  prolong that...

• Like 1

Advert

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I wish people would stop rewriting history.

Matty Taylor was getting pelters on here during his spell with us.

No one wanted to sign him!

Why are people now saying we should have?!

Sent from my SM-G981B using onevalefan mobile app

I agree and that's what Vale fans do.

If it was up to Vale fans, our team next season should be:

Manager: Andy Crosby

DOF: Tom Pope

First team Squad would include: James Wilson, Uche Ikpeazu, David Worrell, Ellis Harrison, Kian Harratt, Matty Taylor

And the rest of squad just made up of players that we have tried to sign for the past couple of seasons

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

First team Squad would include: James Wilson, Uche Ikpeazu, David Worrell, Ellis Harrison, Kian Harratt, Matty Taylor

And the rest of squad just made up of players that we have tried to sign for the past couple of seasons

Tom Pope as DOF is like leaving Hannibal Lectre in charge of kidney transplants 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I hate to be pedantic but saying "No one wanted to sign him" isn't true.

It's true to say the MAJORITY criticised him but having just done a search on here, there were a small number on here who actually said we may want to go in for him in the summer. 

Yes, perhaps a lot of people have done a big u-turn in their opinion on him, but there were a small number of people on here who thought Taylor could be a good signing.

It never happened and we'll never know (for all we know he could have been a disaster) but I just wanted to point out that sweeping terms like "no one" aren't always right - there's a lot of people on here and it's very rare that 100% agree. After all there was an 83% vote result wanting DF out - that means 17% didn't!

So, perhaps some people on here saying that we should have signed him were actually part of the small percentage who also wanted him back in the summer.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

That's promotion right there

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I’ve seen a few claiming this. He went to Vale because he was injured, unwanted and unfit but fitted the most valuable aspect of the matrix. 

It was not about:

Not fitting a system.

Not having a good attitude

Not even being good. 

He ticked the most crucial box of all. 

Cheap. That’s why he was at Vale. 

20 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The galling thing about this particular relegation is that Vale only needed one of our strikers to get another ca 4-6 goals or have signed a Matty Taylor like striker who could well have done the same and those few ca 4-6 goals could have well translated into another 6-10 points and Vale could well be safe now or at least have a chance of safety in the last match.

It's likely that 2 or 3 Clubs are going to stay up with less than 50 points.

Matty Taylor scored 4 in 14 for us last season, has scored 6 in 12 for Cheltenham this season, why on earth did Vale not sign him in 2023/24, lots of Vale fans including me hoped the club would sign him for these very reasons. As long as the legs are still there then natural goal scoring ability trumps age any day.

Lets put it this way Matty Taylors goals total since January is higher than any of our strikers have managed since the start of the season, including willo who has only scored 8 in two seasons. I don't think many of us wanted us to sign him last season but with the benefit of hindsight we would have been far better off signing Taylor than anyone we did sign which just goes to show how poor our recruitment has been.

• Like 2

Hopefully we see a retained list nice and early.

I expect Uche and Massey to go, they’ll be two big earners and should free up some budget. Wilson will also presumably be let go, albeit knowing us he’ll be back in September when we’ve got Loft as our only striker.

As much as I’m hoping for a major upheaval, I expect that we’ll keep the vast majority of the squad. Plant, Shorrock and Dipepa (if he stays) being viewed as regular first team options.

I’ve got a feeling that Chislett will move on. DM doesn’t seem to 100 per cent trust him and he’s a player we can get a fee for.

You’d expect Garrity to be a target for a lot of League 1 clubs. He’d be a 15-20 goal midfielder in League 2. The only saving grace for us is that he doesn’t strike me as a bloke that will down tools if someone puts in a low offer to agitate a move.

It wouldn’t be a massive disappointment if any of the others left, for all that they’re probably not high in demand.

Conor Grant’s stock may still be high enough from his Plymouth days for him to get a move. Ripley may also have a few options. 

17 minutes ago, kevin_struggles said:

Lets put it this way Matty Taylors goals total since January is higher than any of our strikers have managed since the start of the season, including willo who has only scored 8 in two seasons. I don't think many of us wanted us to sign him last season but with the benefit of hindsight we would have been far better off signing Taylor than anyone we did sign which just goes to show how poor our recruitment has been.

Not necessarily. Our ability to create those chances to score goals has been as poor as I can remember. Sang is awful at crossing and getting the ball into the box. Our biggest miss is Worrall who was good at that. I think Loft may have had more with him around. 

30 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Not necessarily. Our ability to create those chances to score goals has been as poor as I can remember. Sang is awful at crossing and getting the ball into the box. Our biggest miss is Worrall who was good at that. I think Loft may have had more with him around. 

how can we give two goal loft a contract as he is awful and his contract should be paid up and got rid of likewise to jones and sang and even smith and ojo have been awful all season