onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Synectics was not sold, it was invested in. She does not have a cheque for £180m.

Well, she could have 100 quid to her name for all we know. No further announcement has been made about money going into the club... Maybe she will do us a favour and sell... Then the offloading deadwood can begin. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

4 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Was that DF sitting next to Carol with his shades on yesterday I’m sure I could see him from the Hamil as it was not sunny is he already in disguise 

I hope I’m wrong but I think we got a bigger problem with the manager 

Just someone put a <ovf censored> tackle in seriously u will see more commitment down the fields this morning

Worst game of the season for me that was absolutely pathetic effort from the majority 

I’m Away next weekend if we lose that ill be going away easter Friday and not Saturday 

Easter Friday will be a shocking attendance and carol and DF will be sitting there all cosy 🙈

Yes it was.  He's usually sat next to Patrick but he's currently found better things to do than watch Vale!  Dunner blame him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndreasLipa said:

Dan Jones should never play professional football again after that display.

He’s a better centre back than Jessie , but I agree he’s hopeless at left back , his performance was similar to when he played holding midfielder promotion season V the Gas 

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

Pretty much agree with ninety odd percent of that, apart from the El presidente bit. I think Robbie got sold a pup here and in retrospect, probably wishes he hadn’t got sucked into the Carol merry go round. 

Edited by cast

5 hours ago, GrumpyGit said:

Oh the game in September where they had two sent off and it required a penalty in injury time to win.  Crosby could do no wrong then, the adage be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

You’re right in saying that they had 2 sent off but you can’t tell me we were worse in that game when 11 v 11 than we were yesterday.  I was a both games and know what I saw.

No idea what you mean by that last sentence.  No manager can do wrong when the team are winning so what would anyone be wishing for?

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Some might think it's a strategy to keep expectations artifically lowered and the fans grovellingly beholden to her getting us to league one (41 seasons in the championship, 44 seasons in league one before Carol)

Indeed and lest we forget the most number of seasons at 2nd tier level without being promoted to the top one of any other club. 

56 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

So it’s not the talent or the ability of the team that will see the club through, but the fact that they are good mates?? Dear god, that might be what wins you matches in a pub team with your mates but if players think that’s enough in league 1 to make a difference, they are deluded. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cast said:

Pretty much agree with ninety odd percent of that, apart from the El presidente bit. I think Robbie got sold a pup here and in retrospect, probably wishes he hadn’t got sucked into the Carol merry go round. 

Robbie has been sucked into nothing. He is the one getting all the plaudits and love. Can’t say Carol has got much time or money out of him 

3 hours ago, AndreasLipa said:

Dan Jones should never play professional football again after that display.

As bad as Jones was he’s been thrown to the dogs being picked at LB.  Our options on the left side of defence dictated by the shortcomings in the squad, which go back to one man.  Forget Dan Jones, the real villain of the piece is our DoF for not addressing the issue after Benning left.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Jesus, if yesterday was camaraderie in action, I’d hate to see what we’d be like if they hated each other 🫣🫣

Keep hearing this verbal diaoreahe from managers, owners and players at Vale. Absolutely sick to the back teeth of all the hot air expended. Actions not words are needed. Fans are NOT stupid. They can put out whatever shyite they like, Valiants know as a squad we are totally pathetic.  A good deal more than half the squad are not fit enough or adept enough to handle 1st Division football. We all know it.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

As bad as Jones was he’s been thrown to the dogs being picked at LB.  Our options on the left side of defence dictated by the shortcomings in the squad, which go back to one man.  Forget Dan Jones, the real villain of the piece is our DoF for not addressing the issue after Benning left.

Wasnt jones a left back when we signed him? 

• Like 2