onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

When can we mathematically get relegated?

We lose every single week so it must be soon?

As things stand we are 6 points off safety still and we play Cambridge, last game of season who are 5th bottom. We play Burton next, 6th bottom on the same points as Cambridge. 

It really wouldn’t actually such a serious upturn to stay up, but today kills off a real belief that that is even remotely possible. It was miles off being a competitive football game. It was like watching a non league team play a Prem team in the FA cup. 

• Like 7

Advert

1 minute ago, cheeky said:

The one thing I can’t understand is that Carol is a very successful business woman. You don’t create a business and then sell it for £180m without having a bit of nouse and without being able to make hard decisions. In fact, I’d go as far to say you actually have to be quite ruthless to be that successful, and that is what makes the open letter, the fact Flitcroft is still in a job etc so bizarre.

Fraudcroft could end up being carol's downfall in more ways than one 

• Like 2

Imo DoF is gone at the end of the season. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was part of the deal to get Moore. Moore told to make the best of the rest of the season, they all know it’s over but if a miracle comes along we’ll take it. Moore has free rein next season and funds available. Moore only has one choice right now, tip it bollix and walk out now criticising the club and players or stay, be here next season and start again. His reputation is shot if he hangs onto end of season raking up losses then jumps ship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheeky said:

The one thing I can’t understand is that Carol is a very successful business woman. You don’t create a business and then sell it for £180m without having a bit of nouse and without being able to make hard decisions. In fact, I’d go as far to say you actually have to be quite ruthless to be that successful, and that is what makes the open letter, the fact Flitcroft is still in a job etc so bizarre.

Can’t compare a football club to a normal business unfortunately. 

• Like 2

The thing is to stay in this Division just needs a team of hard working footballers who can do the basics with a bit of an edge 
We have managed to put together a bunch of lazy ( but nice) players who cannot even do the basics of defending and scoring the odd goal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

Can’t compare a football club to a normal business unfortunately. 

If you have an employee causing you to lose customers, money and status, it doesn’t matter what industry you’re in, you get rid. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

That’s the most demoralising performance I can remember. The team, squad, whole club (and I’m talking on & off) is an absolute mess. Start the post-mortem now because most of the team has given up. 

You can start the post mortem now  because the patient is well and truly dead. Is it only the fans who can see it from the terraces? What are they watching from the directors box ?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, cheeky said:

The last few years when Synectics saw it's biggest growth was the time when Carole was more focused on the club. She had the right people in charge at Synectics and was hands off. The mistake she's made with us, is that she thinks she has the right person in DF and won't be told otherwise. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cheeky said:

Sometimes loyalty pays off, if you have the right team/workforce. 

I am sure Carol may be thinking the same as most Vale fans now. 

We either sack DM, remove DF?  One may happen, but will leasons be learned? 

None of this is personal to me, I just want the best for Vale and for them. 

Wonder what Rudgie thinks and he is a diplomat. 

Edited by ginginator

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Compare today to a far more even game at their place so what’s happened in the interim?  Quite simply David Flitcroft, master of all things football, has taken us backwards through his sheer incompetence.  

Yet he's still at the club ,

Carol needs to show strong leadership

And get him soaked off otherwise

Maybe look at selling the club on

Because we are sinking into a black hole 

8 minutes ago, ginginator said:

They missed the easy chances, both goals conceded were about heading a ball, the Baylee chance shows how bad we are, they blocked it, because that is what defenders are paid for.

The whole team, apart from the babies, looks like it is just turning up until the season ends. Shocking to see and where is Gore? 

DF and the whole transfer team, including Carol and the other board members, need to have a massive rethink.

If I was DF I would resign, if I was Carol I would sack DF. 

Hard decisions are tough, Carol I imagine is a person who sees the positives in people and gives them a chance. But I would only keep the youth team and get rid of the rest.

BenG, ConR, EthCh, but even then they are mid table lg1 players. Rest are showing it is about earning money, no fight, no skill, glad to have a job.

Scoreboard is great, pity it has no Vale goals to show. TC all, things can only get better.

We all feel the pain so support all your fellow Vale fans, even me as a Happy Clapper 

Yates or Bowers hit the nail on the head when one of 'em said, "This oxford team have 5 or 6 players that could play in the Championship", Vale currently don't seem to have any. Add to that the school boy errors of not attacking the ball in the area (1st goal) and having one Vale player going out to two Oxford players at a corner (2nd gal) and it's easy to see why Vale concede/give away "easy" goals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Compare today to a far more even game at their place so what’s happened in the interim?  Quite simply David Flitcroft, master of all things football, has taken us backwards through his sheer incompetence.  

Everything you say is right Ray but not letting Carol get away with it either. Ultimately she is his boss and the buck stops with her for allowing it to go on especially as she has seemingly nailed her colours to the mast in relation to him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

You can start the post mortem now  because the patient is well and truly dead. Is it only the fans who can see it from the terraces? What are they watching from the directors box ?

They've all buried there heads in the sand

• Like 1