onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I suggested nothing of the sort. The people in that meeting were all known to each other from previous campaigns against owners at Vale. We fought against the self interest of V2001 and the disgraceful ownership of Norman Smuthwaite.  In this case we had no issue with the owners, indeed we have huge respect for them. We simply wanted to convey the feelings of the fan base about the current situation on the pitch and who should take responsibility for our failings. We also raised a number of other issues about the disappointing fan experience on matchdays. I have huge trust in all the people who were at that meeting and I have to admit to being seriously pissed off with the negative response of a number of posters to what we were trying to do. Shouting at the internet achieves nothing. Face to face discussion may just achieve something. Please feel free to organise your own meeting and invited a cross section of 8 to 80 year olds to attend. 

Jacko, thank you for your reply. So are you going to enlighten all the fans that weren’t invited to this clandestine meeting, what was discussed. In relation to improving match day experience what about entertaining on the pitch, by playing a style of football that gives the impression that the players want to play for the club. If you tell me that they are phenomenal then we’ve signed some dross. Which I hasten to add the fans know. During the meeting, what was actually discussed, it comes over as gloating that you were invited to attend such a meeting. This is how you divide a fan base. So please tell us what was discussed and why you feel so positive about the meeting.
From a basic point of view, was the shoddy treatment of fans in the RP discussed, concerning the toilets.? Whilst I’m sure the groups that you mentioned are good ppl with the clubs best interest at heart and that they do lots of good work that others like myself don’t know about. You didn’t mention Colin Garlick in his role by helping to get rid of NS and look how that turned out for him. The only person to get rid of NS was Carol by purchasing the club for a sum that he was happy to accept. 

Edited by Playa Amodores

Advert

Something has to change the situation...
The manager has been changed, until the chance of a miracle is over. we are still a L1 club. Until the season is over, the players are not likely to be changed. The recruitment system requires review by the owners, hopefully in progress.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Jacko, thank you for your reply. So are you going to enlighten all the fans that weren’t invited to this clandestine meeting, what was discussed. In relation to improving match day experience what about entertaining on the pitch, by playing a style of football that gives the impression that the players want to play for the club. If you tell me that they are phenomenal then we’ve signed some dross. Which I hasten to add the fans know. During the meeting, what was actually discussed, it comes over as gloating that you were invited to attend such a meeting. This is how you divide a fan base. So please tell us what was discussed and why you feel so positive about the meeting.
From a basic point of view, was the shoddy treatment of fans in the RP discussed, concerning the toilets.?

Good god 😂 

Someone ring me a taxi 

• Like 9

From a basic point of view, was the shoddy treatment of fans in the RP discussed, concerning the toilets.?
Jesus wept, do what they did go up the Vale and request a meeting and if you want the peed up mob from the back of the Railway take them with you and the report back how you went on. Simple.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The manager has been changed, until the chance of a miracle is over. we are still a L1 club. Until the season is over, the players are not likely to be changed. The recruitment system requires review by the owners, hopefully in progress.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I think I can safely assume that removing Flitcroft from the Club would be a useful change that might even bring immediate positive results. I'm certainly happy to try it, as he won't figure in my Vale fantasy football set-up next year in any universe, parallel or otherwise...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

I think I can safely assume that removing Flitcroft from the Club would be a useful change that might even bring immediate positive results. I'm certainly happy to try it, as he won't figure in my Vale fantasy football set-up next year in any universe, parallel or otherwise...

Whilst there is no doubt DF has to go, there is no way him leaving will bring positive results on the pitch,  this squad is shockingly bad and most not even up for the fight. That won't change time soon with or without DF there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Jesus wept, do what they did go up the Vale and request a meeting and if you want the peed up mob from the back of the Railway take them with you and the report back how you went on. Simple.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

VB, a very derogatory way of addressing other PVFC fans. I know a successful businessman who sits with them, who has done a lot for this club, supporting them as a fan for over 50 years and supporting them financially, through sponsorship. Yes he likes a beer when attending games and he likes to be vocal, that’s his Saturday afternoon. He’s certainly not a member of the ‘peed up mob’,he just sits in this area. This exactly the point I made about splitting the fan base. 
I would not request a meeting with any one at the club because basically, I don’t want to listen to the drivel that they spout. I used to become frustrated with the lack of information that came out of the club, but when anything does it’s a load of rubbish. I prefer radio silence and hope that it stays that way.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

Whilst there is no doubt DF has to go, there is no way him leaving will bring positive results on the pitch,  this squad is shockingly bad and most not even up for the fight. That won't change time soon with or without DF there.

I don't know how you can say that when Carol has repeatedly told us he is responsible for anything that touches the ball. My experience of football and life in general  is that good leaders and bad leaders are at the centre of the performance of any human organisation. Anyway, I'm willing to give it a try - what do we have to lose?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

I don't know how you can say that when Carol has repeatedly told us he is responsible for anything that touches the ball. My experience of football and life in general  is that good leaders and bad leaders are at the centre of the performance of any human organisation. Anyway, I'm willing to give it a try - what do we have to lose?

So are you saying that DF is responsible for Smith making stupid mistakes every week ? The manager not picking the one defender who looks like he wants to defend ( Lopata ) , Loft will suddenly become a striker ? I could go on. 

I agree he is responsible & they are players he has brought in, the point I am trying to make is they will still be crap if he gets the sack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

VB, a very derogatory way of addressing other PVFC fans. I know a successful businessman who sits with them, who has done a lot for this club, supporting them as a fan for over 50 years and supporting them financially, through sponsorship. Yes he likes a beer when attending games and he likes to be vocal, that’s his Saturday afternoon. He’s certainly not a member of the ‘peed up mob’,he just sits in this area. This exactly the point I made about splitting the fan base. 
I would not request a meeting with any one at the club because basically, I don’t want to listen to the drivel that they spout. I used to become frustrated with the lack of information that came out of the club, but when anything does it’s a load of rubbish. I prefer radio silence and hope that it stays that way.

You prefer radio silence but want chapter and verse from Jacko et al?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

So are you saying that DF is responsible for Smith making stupid mistakes every week ? The manager not picking the one defender who looks like he wants to defend ( Lopata ) , Loft will suddenly become a striker ? I could go on. 

I agree he is responsible & they are players he has brought in, the point I am trying to make is they will still be crap if he gets the sack.

As I've said above, if he's filling the role Carol repeatedly tell us he is of being responsible for everything that touches the ball then yes, he must be a part of these issues but anyway, when you are in the position we are in (which is facing almost certain relegation), then I'm willing to try anything, as clearly doing nothing is not working...

You've got to admit that motivation and tactics must also play a major part on the field, perhaps with a free hand Moore can find a way to turn it around. It's got to be worth a try. Flicroft is surely toast anyway, even Carole must rethink her loyalty if we go down.

Edited by Tamworth
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

True, we will still be crap, but let’s not forget that we should now be in the process of at least drawing up a list of targets for next season, made all the more difficult by the fact we don’t know what league we’ll be playing in, although we can all probably guess the answer to that.  As it stands our DoF will be overseeing this process, which doesn’t give me any confidence.

• Like 4