onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

Advert

22 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Ok, despite not being involved I will offer some context. I have been a part of B&G in the past but chose not to be on this occasion.

This was not a meeting that Carol initiated or handpicked. It was set up by some fans and Carol had no say in who attended. I think Hancock facilitated.

The joint statement clearly had to be agreed between the parties. I imagine stuff that was said isn’t in the statement - rightly or wrongly.

The fans who attended gained absolutely nothing. They gave up hours to try and get Carol to see what the fans are seeing - from what I’m inferring through this, to little avail.

PVFC doesn’t exist without Mark Porter.

That’s all I know of it.

Oh please. You do spout some entitled rubbish but this takes the cake.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, robf said:

You're not going to solve all the problems with one meeting. However, if that meeting clears the air and opens up communication channels, gives the owners food for thought etc that surely has to be a good start. 

Spot on Rob

7 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Carol out.

Too pig headed to do the right thing and the circus will continue to get worse.

You appear not to believe the summary agreed by ALL sides involved in the discussions. On what basis are you asserting that Carol is "pigheaded"?

This meeting may well have been overdue, but my reading between the lines of the agreed statement is that it appeared to be a frank exchange of views and some progress was clearly made in bridging the gap between owners and fans.

Obviously, the proof will indeed be in the pudding, but why not give Carol another chance before climbing in with a personal smear based on your pre-judgement?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I found this quote the other day which is so true:

“The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me to be the root of all that is evil in the world.”

There are two sides to every story.  

I feel the problem is that the club's side of the story isn't very clear, and what has been put forward doesn't convince many people who have the opposite view. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

Reading between the lines, the fans told Carol they want Flitcroft held accountable for the last 14 months of failure on the pitch, and she said no. It's hard to feel all that enthused about the meeting if the end result is the root cause of our ongoing malaise remains in post.

There isn’t really any discussion to be had beyond this. Spot on.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Just comes across as a statement to try and appease the wider fan base and quell unrest. Which won’t happen. 

Exactly that. It’s trying to pre empt the ‘ Flitcroft get out of our club’ should we fail to beat Shrewsbury Saturday.

Deluded

• Like 2