onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Advert

2 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

All you naysayers just have to remember who brought in Gore from Man U and Williams from Liverpool. They’re massive clubs - how did Flitcroft pull off such deals? We may not have won in 2024, but you need to take the rough with the smooth

That is part of the problem. Using Vale as a platform for experience is not helping the club long term. It's helping large clubs to harvest their talent and leaving Vale hung and dry

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:
I think Flitcroft will leave for the following reasons:
1 - using the criteria of the targets he had to hit like Carol did a while back, he has failed abysmally to provide the last 2 managers with players to keep us up.  That's the most important criteria for me - the other criteria Carol said he had hit were nice, but we are a football club when push comes to shove.  And he is in charge of all things on the pitch. An that's been shockingly bad.
2 - That fact will hurt him professionally. He has to look Darren Moore in the eye most days, and that won't feel good. He has to explain his failure to Carol (and despite some of the pathetic comments on here about the relationship between Carol and Flitcroft, she will see that he has failed - and you can't just big him up with the successes he has had without pointing out the most caring, expensive failure - relegation) ).
3 - So I think he will resign, because he has just had the relegation of the club laid fairly and squarely at his door.  I'm assuming he has integrity here, and is ultimately doing his best, but given the budget he has to work with, his best just hasn't cut it.  He can make a statement to say "thanks for the promotion, and sorry about the two dire seasons in League 1 - good luck"
4 - if he doesn't resign, he will have to be dismissed, which will hurt him more - so I think he will jump before he is pushed. It gives the club a convenient way of lumping a lot of the blame his way, and starting afresh (which gets a few people off the hook temporarily).  The players have to have a look at themselves too, but I'm assuming a lot will leave this summer.
5 -  Darren Moore will then be free to do things his way.  He took the job on with a DoF who has failed to provide us with the bullets to fire, and I am sure he is champing at the bit to get hold of the club, get in his own players, and get us playing better football again.  He didn't sign 5.5 years to be a failure.  I wouldn't even be surprised that relegation was always on his mind, and the events of the last few weeks have just confirmed that he has inherited a shitshow not of his making. He will be keen to start afresh without Flitcroft.
I hope this is how it plays out in terms of Flitcroft's departure.  He simply has to go, by one means or another. 

I admire your optimism re DM but I've seen nothing to suggest he's the great manager many have made him out to be. Even DC managed to take stock of and then organise and galvanise the worst Vale squad in 20 years into an effective unit to achieve what was needed

Quite right Phil.

Moore has shown us nothing so far.

I'm convinced he's just a big name to take the spotlight off her darling flicker.

Port Vale is in a right state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the young players to start every game for now on. Let Lowe, Ojo, Massey, Grant watch from the bench. You have to earn the right to play and they’re curdled cream now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I respect the majority of things you say mate but i simply cant agree with the blaming of DM for our <ovf censored> show,this has been happening well before he came in,I know we wont find out but i cant think of any manager who would of sorted this out. I know its frustrating but we have to stick with him and allow him to bring his players in including actual strikers...... he said we will be seeing a lot more of Dipepa now and i think that was a veiled dig at the poor recruitment of strikers

His selections & in game management has been awful at times tho mate. I agree he hasn’t been helped & this squad would struggle with any manager but we’ve got worse. I’m willing to stick by the gaffer regardless & he certainly needs more time & to get his own players in. Maybe I’m overacting a little with him as I’m just angry mate. This season is over that’s for sure I’m so down around it all now it’s actually depressing being a vale fan 

• Like 2

<ovf censored>. We are down no question. So fed up with it all. Sick and tired of seeing away supporters having a grand old time of it at our expense.
Just want the season to end now as its all pointless and has been horrific, as has been the last 18 months . We aren't going to win a game again this season.
Fans come out in relatively large numbers for one last try to get them going on the pitch and we get that.
Appalling.
Made up for Bayleee. Been thrown to the wolves this season in diabolic circumstances and managed his first senior goal today
Good lad and credit to him.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

I agree but It's all down to whether Carol has modified her opnion of him or not. She's going to have to eat a large slice of humble pie to do that. Clearly our Owner has enoyed a lot of no doubt well deserved success recently with her business and charity work, and it must be very hard to accept that Vale hasn't been a similar success.

I think she has to cut herself a large slice of that pie, and eat it.  She has been admirably loyal to Flitcroft given the football we have had served up, but now she can see we are going down, she will have to review the situation.  I don't think it is impossible for her to say "I have given this an enormous amount of thought, because it has affected me very deeply personally, but I have come to the sad conclusion that it would be best if Flitcroft sought opportunities elsewhere" or something like that.  Otherwise, why did we employ Darren Moore if we intended to tie his hands behind his back and have Flitcroft provide him with players that are palpably not good enough?

Edited by Lornelounger
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

In what direction are the club heading now? You don't go full speed ahead to an iceberg to avoid it

You shouldn't need to ask that question but the  recruitment has to be right for next season. I will be on iFollow to watch it even if you've lost interest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lornelounger said:

I think she has to cut herself a large slice of that pie, and eat it.  She has been admirably loyal to Flitcroft given the football we have had served up, but now she can see we are going down, she will ave to review the situation.  I don't think it is impossible for her to say "I have given this an enormous amount of thought, because it has affected me very deeply personally, but I have come to the sad conclusion that it would be best if Flitcroft sought opportunities elsewhere" or something like that.  Otherwise, why did we employ Darren Moore if we intended to tie his hands behind his back and have Flitcroft provide him with players that are palpably not good enough?

LL, where have you been hiding. Good to see you back