onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

15 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Do you think there is any way back? I.e if DF builds a team that wins promotion straight back to league 1 using Carol’s new found wealth? Also, any names to replace DF as DOF? 

Flitcroft failed at Bury. 
Flitcroft failed here. 
I wouldn’t trust him to assemble a Lego set never mind a football squad. 
He’s proven he is massively inept.

As for a replacement. Well as far as good footballing men go, Colin Garlick didn’t do too bad now did he! And I’m not saying that will happen but there will be candidates out there.

Right now I’d take The Ale And The Vale Podcast crew over Flitcroft. 

The evidence is there for all to see and it’s damned hard evidence as well. That he is inept at assembling a football squad and most certainly should not be trusted with a 4th transfer window when he’s ruined this football club in the previous 3. 

• Like 1

Advert

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

The mess has been created by DF over reliance on Alfie and Oli , throw in no Funso and Ben G for what 6 weeks  basically we had f-all midfield. Throw in we have not got a striker worth a f-all  and we not signed any full backs bar Clarke  . So we can’t score , can’t defend and we get over run in midfield one bloke delivers the is Mr David Flitcroft.

Oh I agree, we can all see that I just wish someone at the club would say it how it is, rather than the notion that everything is okay, flitcroft wasn't thinking of relegation remember 😅

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

So the summary here is that if DF is removed everything will be rosy? What happens next? Not saying I’m DF biggest fan, just wondering what you all want? 

We recruit a good DF?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Like we have said for two years. We have done it on the cheap.

Why will anything be different next year ?

I know that league 2 will cost a lot less than league 1 to rebuild a complete squad

Most of the players are under contract. That’s the frightening thing. 
I don’t think it’s been done on the cheap. 

Massey. Grant. Loft. Uche. Ripley. Wilson. Lowe. To name 7, will all be on big league 1 wages. Therein lies the problem. Because 5 of them are crap. 1 is made of glass. And the other is letting his emotions get the better of him.

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

So the summary here is that if DF is removed everything will be rosy? What happens next? Not saying I’m DF biggest fan, just wondering what you all want? 

We need a DOF for sure but not DF  but who I don’t know 

Just now, Spunk Trumpet said:

Massey. Grant. Loft. Uche. Ripley. Wilson. Lowe. To name 7, will all be on big league 1 wages. Therein lies the problem. Because 5 of them are crap. 1 is made of glass. And the other is letting his emotions get the better of him.

And also a special mention to Ojo. Who downed tools and sulked under Clarke and is doing the same again.

Call the lad a taxi and take him to whoever wants him.

• Like 8

Wilson and Uche aren't I don't think, though I stand to be corrected. Not convinced Massey is either.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Clarke sorted the even worse shower we had 4 years ago. Then got rid of them. Sign of a great manager. Moore seems to have no gameplan at all, no tactical awareness, no motivation skills, and frankly no clue. We look worse by some degree since he joined. Sign of a bad manager

Darrell Clarke in League Two:
3 draws
4 defeats
15 out of contract players released

Darren Moore in League One:
1 draw
4 defeats
2 yet to play
4 out of contract players to release or not

The major difference is that the vast majority of the current squad will be here next season whereas Clarke could bin off the "deadwood". It also meant he could slag them off in interviews because he knew they were going. Moore will be working with these players next season.

People said Clarke wasn't good enough for League One, said he was limited and that signings like four goal striker Matty Taylor proved it. People said Crosby was never a manager and that a proper manager would get this squad of players into mid-table. Darren Moore, proper manager with a great CV, now he's a bad manager since he's joined us.

Maybe, just maybe, the manager isn't the problem at Port Vale F.C. Maybe it's the guy who has left us stuck with this squad until 2025 at the earliest.

• Like 6