onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

8 hours ago, mbycars said:

I'm sorry i must have missed the OVF rule that says i have to read all of your posts. I have neither the time or inclination to do that. If you are offended by my reply then maybe its time for me to stop reading any of your sanctimonious crap. Bye 👋

Don't know the full situation but your attitude really stinks. It isn't a rule but it should be a common courtesy. If you are going to write something that you know is going to be inflammatory then you should read more than one post before spouting comments. That is just being a decent human being.  I wonder whether you would be so bold if you were face to face with the person.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

16 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

When you say what could be in it for themselves I guess you mean a £10 million hole in their pockets and a load of grief of some numpties who will never be grateful.

Only deluded numpties would believe they bought the club without believing the purchase would be worth it for themselves long-term for X amount of reasons.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Don't know the full situation but your attitude really stinks. It isn't a rule but it should be a common courtesy. If you are going to write something that you know is going to be inflammatory then you should read more than one post before spouting comments. That is just being a decent human being.  I wonder whether you would be so bold if you were face to face with the person.

Exactly you don't know the full situation which is what you were accusing me of, ironic or what. I didn't write anything inflammatory. I replied to Brians post which asked how long Carol had been a Vale fan before she bought the club. I stated the length of time which shouldn't matter and the reason she stepped in quickly because of Smurfs threats to shut down the club. It was Brian that got his knickers in a twist over nothing. I have now blocked him as many others have. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 27/02/2024 at 16:47, Killersrevenge44 said:

Belly took us to heights this owner can only dream of. 

No ambition! The season we almost made the playoffs for the top League, I wrote to Rudgie saying I hoped we'd strengthen the squad during the Summer, for a proper push. Rudgie replied saying he thought we would end up selling some players instead - we did, and we know what happened!

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Only deluded numpties would believe they bought the club without believing the purchase would be worth it for themselves long-term for X amount of reasons.

Only numpties would think that astute business people buying a football club at way over the asking price would be unaware that football clubs never make their owners money. 

• Like 4

On 28/02/2024 at 00:45, Boslem's Brazil said:

It’s said people buy football clubs because of: Love, profit, vanity or insanity.

I’d say the only one that doesn’t apply to Carol is ‘profit’

You don't buy a small club for profit, so certainly right about the profit bit.

On 27/02/2024 at 17:16, Killersrevenge44 said:

Belly allocated the funds to buy players in the old championship. Foyle, Cross, Van derLaan cost a few Bob. 

Can't see players of that standard at Vale park nowadays. 

He also sold our best players...often as the season was about to start...and only allowed Rudgie to spend half the cash! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting...and somewhat surprising...to read the level of cynicism that some posters have towards the Shanahans? But - had they not bought the Vale, when they did...who else would have? I don't remember Smurftwat having lots of prospective buyers? And what would have happened to the Vale had Carol and Kevin not stepped up? It's too easy to suggest they had any other motive than making sure the club didn't fold...but it could have, and they were worrying times - quickly forgotten by some critics, and never experienced by the new fans!

Also - to the muppet who says Vale are a football club above all, rather than being a part of the community - if you don't have community support you don't have a football club! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

He still remains the owner, 30 years on, to bring us our greatest memories, our highest ever league finish, our biggest transfer fee paid and our biggest transfer fee recouped.

Shush.

He was but he was also a chairman from a different age when chairmen didn't throw 5 or 6 million a year into loss making lower league clubs. It was a time of crumbling stands where players were on a fraction of today's wages and players like Futcher, Brown and Greehoff carried on playing because they didn't have the money to retire. He ran a prudent ship and put his faith in Rudge.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mbycars said:

Exactly you don't know the full situation which is what you were accusing me of, ironic or what. I didn't write anything inflammatory. I replied to Brians post which asked how long Carol had been a Vale fan before she bought the club. I stated the length of time which shouldn't matter and the reason she stepped in quickly because of Smurfs threats to shut down the club. It was Brian that got his knickers in a twist over nothing. I have now blocked him as many others have. 

bottle job