onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

Advert

Just now, Spunk Trumpet said:

If a man who came here 2 months ago, having inherited an absolute amount of on field crap, has killed your passion for Port Vale, then quite frankly, you can’t see the bigger mistakes that have been made at this club for 18 months or so.

You could have had Darren Moore in charge for the first half of the season and Andy Crosby in charge for the second half of the season and got the same result. Relegation.

A but silly to put all the blame on Moore. In fact it’s borderline insanity to even say he’s the reason he’s killed your passion. 

I haven’t put all the Blame on Moore but he has made a Bad Job Far Far Worse and at what cost.

Its Borderline Insanity to offer a Useless Manager a 5 Year Contract.

The Previous 18 months were not great but the next 18 months will be worse if Moore stays, listen to his ****** Interviews, he is ******* Clueless.

You don’t replace Crap with Worse and at 3 times the Cost.

Listen to Fans on the Radio and they just feel Disconnected and Totally Dejected.

Moore hoodwinked Carol, I know that’s down to her but I can’t feel good about a man who is only here for the Money.

He has got No Passion, well I have.

You enjoy Moore and El Presidente !

I just want us to actually interview for the next manager. We’ve said it before but Carol and flitcroft seemed to think it was a point of pride that they didn’t. Twice. To give a five and half year contract without any recruitment process is just mind boggling. Great if you’re the person being employed but only one person to blame when it bites you on the arse and costs you an arm and leg. 

• Like 5

I had such high hopes for Moore but he comes across as super uninspiring. In his interviews I find he says a lot but doesn't actually say anything at all? It's just ramblings. 

He's up there with Askey and Sinnott for dullness and monotonousness. I can't imagine him motivating anybody. 

Vale fans aren't hard to please, we don't expect to be the best but we just want some grit, effort and passion. We've not had any of that from anybody (players, managers or owner) for a long time. The whole club is apathetic and it's sank it's way all the way from the boardroom to the stands.

The players look so pedestrian and uninterested. 

We are in such a sorry state. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

I haven’t put all the Blame on Moore but he has made a Bad Job Far Far Worse and at what cost.

Its Borderline Insanity to offer a Useless Manager a 5 Year Contract.

The Previous 18 months were not great but the next 18 months will be worse if Moore stays, listen to his ****** Interviews, he is ******* Clueless.

You don’t replace Crap with Worse and at 3 times the Cost.

Listen to Fans on the Radio and they just feel Disconnected and Totally Dejected.

Moore hoodwinked Carol, I know that’s down to her but I can’t feel good about a man who is only here for the Money.

He has got No Passion, well I have.

You enjoy Moore and El Presidente !

Why should I enjoy El Presidente? I’ve already stated that’s a farce!

Moore, before Huddersfield, where he walked into another shower, had a superb record in management. You can’t deny that.

Im just being level headed in stating that if Darren Moore, a man who has inherited an awful squad, a man who this time last season was on 90 odd points in this league with his own squad, a man who has been here for 9 weeks or so, has killed your passion for Port Vale then you’ve obviously only just started to support the club. Because you must rate managers like Bruno, Brown, Glover, Sinnott, Gannon,  all higher than him. 
The first 4 had their own squad and the latter walked into a promotion ready squad and bombed it. 

Yes. He may not be the right man. I get that. But if he’s the man who is killing your passion for the club then I worry for your sanity. 

• Like 5

The last 2 years have been failure. I say that without being the owners who have to fork out. I'm sensitive to that. But surely we could have established ourselves as a safely positioned L1 team. Carol is responsible for this - of course as the owner of the business. I accept football is fraught loss making task!

1 minute ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Why should I enjoy El Presidente? I’ve already stated that’s a farce!

Moore, before Huddersfield, where he walked into another shower, had a superb record in management. You can’t deny that.

Im just being level headed in stating that if Darren Moore, a man who has inherited an awful squad, a man who this time last season was on 90 odd points in this league with his own squad, a man who has been here for 9 weeks or so, has killed your passion for Port Vale then you’ve obviously only just started to support the club. Because you must rate managers like Bruno, Brown, Glover, Sinnott, Gannon,  all higher than him. 
The first 4 had their own squad and the latter walked into a promotion ready squad and bombed it. 

Yes. He may not be the right man. I get that. But if he’s the man who is killing your passion for the club then I worry for your sanity. 

I have only just started supporting Port Vale?

You are completely wrong and don’t start questioning my Sanity who the **** are you to do that.

I have supported them since the Freddie Steele Days and seen some **** but I have never seen a Team so Devoid of Fight, togetherness or Spirit.

Can’t you see this Team doesn’t want to play for Moore 

At least under Crosby they looked as if they cared and played to a Pattern.

Under this Clown they don’t know what they are doing.

I know for a fact a certain amount of them don’t want Moore there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

I have only just started supporting Port Vale?

You are completely wrong and don’t start questioning my Sanity who the **** are you to do that.

I have supported them since the Freddie Steele Days and seen some **** but I have never seen a Team so Devoid of Fight, togetherness or Spirit.

I know for a fact a certain amount of them don’t want Moore there.

Calm yourself down.

You don’t seem to grasp the bigger picture. 

Im off bed now but I’ll pick you up on two points. 
Under Crosby it was utter garbage. The pattern they played to was to pass the ball sidewards and backwards for 4 hours and do nothing. It sent me to sleep. His record was atrocious. 
And finally, if there are a certain amount of players that don’t want Moore there, then <ovf censored> them off out of the club if they can’t be bothered to put a shift on for the badge, for the fans, for themselves. 
How dare they on thousands a week. 
He’s the boss. They were garbage under the previous one. There’s your pattern.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JS Valiant said:

I dunno, the Glover, Sinnott and Gannon days were 10x worse than this for the standard of football and quality of the team.

The problem lies in David Flitcroft trying to turn Port Vale into a pound shop version of Crewe and zero self awareness or pride. Wouldn't even front and manage the team himself, just wanted to throw people under the bus, collect a wage living off his phone working remotely. No doubt using his family connections to help him retain his job as long as he did. Absolute parasite.

I appreciated under Crosby we wanted to implement a style of play, but we didn't have the players to do it. I still can't really work out what Moore's 'style' is, he changes every game what he is going to do, and if it doesn't work, his subs make it worse. 

So I get the frustration there. Moore has shown with a good enough first team he can get results, but he can't polish a <ovf censored>. He has shown some good man management skills in some of the players because there is a definite change in their energy levels and effort on the pitch. Problem again is, we just aren't good enough. 

That's not Moore's fault. 

My only other point is that listening to manager press conferences and interview questions are a complete waste of time. Don't bother, unless it's hilarious - and Moore is no Joe Kinnear, Warnock or Nigel Pearson for banter. Managing people and players is a very different skill to public speaking to an interviewer so I don't worry about him inspiring the players.

I'll judge him on the results, when he's got some players and able to work from next season. If we are doing rubbish by November then we should be looking to move him on.

• Like 2