onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

2 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

Where do we even go from here? 

I’m still absolutely seething. What a spineless bunch of <ovf censored> we have got. 

Moore has to take some of the blame. Why on earth did he allow Fleetwood to come out in the second half and absolutely dominate the game? Why on earth did he hang Sang out to dry by not switching it up, as Patterson put in 20+ crosses, albeit not the greatest of quality, but enough to keep the pressure on. 

I was slightly optimistic this time last week. I think I’d got sucked in by the Moore appointment and thought we’d have enough to do it.

Let’s be honest, we must have the most unbalanced squad in the division. We have one recognised full-back in the squad in Mitch Clark, and he’s played 10 league games. THAT IS DISGRACEFUL RECRUITMENT.

We have the worst trio of forwards in Wilson, Uche & Loft, who between them have scored five goals, alongside Dipepa who is 17-years-old. THAT IS DISGRACEFUL RECRUITMENT. 

Just as a comparison to the 16/17 season, when Norman’s sweety jar treated us to a relegation. After 33 games, we were on 35 points, which is three points more than this season. To match the points tally of that season, we would need 17 points from 13 games - not happening. 

If we go down next season, and League One has the likes of Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Walsall, Burton, Wrexham and Stockport all playing each other, I think my 20+ years of having a season will be ended. 

Carol & ‘Flickers’ you have got blood on your hands. 

Fraudcroft Get out of our club !!!!

Advert

Its hard to quantify what happened in the 2nd half last night. 1st half was just what we have missed recently. The players looked up for it. Tackles were going in. Some decent forward play and they got the crowd singing.

2nd half they just sat back and let Fleetwood attack us and invited the constant pressure. I feel sorry for the back 3 because on the whole they stood up to most of what was thrown at them. Eventually though a mistake was going to happen and gift them the goal. We should have stopped the 2nd goal though and why Loft didn't belt the ball away instead of dithering and losing it which led to their equaliser i will never know. If they had played decent 2nd half and won that game the confidence would have been there to go on and win more of the critical home games to come. As it is we are a broken team with no way out of this mess and there is only one man to blame for this.

Edited by mbycars
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Denry Machin said:

One last thing. Vale fans are frequently being asked to “stick together” with the team, “as one”. To this fan, it’s felt restlessly patronising. For the majority of last night - even during that horrific second-half display - the fans backed the players and the manager. They did so - despite this team’s nosedive in form  - to boost and support the players on the pitch. If the individual(s) pulling the levers at this club could put ego aside for one moment, step back, and genuinely look at their contribution to what has happened on the pitch since May 2022, they would not only witness successive blunders, but they’d have the decency to admit it.

The best paragraph on this forum for ages.

I’m sick of it being implied it’s somehow on us to sort this out.

We have been remarkably patient in supporting the worst professional side in England for over a year. The proportion of abusers to non abusers must be 1:100.

Stop gaslighting us, own up to your mistakes, sack those responsible, and put it right. My fear is that the yes-men culture at the top has driven delusion to an irreparable point.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Although we got battered second half. We had one chance with Loft through. I think he tried to give the keeper the eyes and shoot low down in the corner. In fact, he completely missed the goal. Most good L1 strikers would have slotted and PV are 3-0 up. 

On the striker issue, there was reasonable expectation that Wilson would be doing much better. 

But one way or another, our attack is not good enough and the DofF and former manager are responsible. 

Christ this has to be seen to be believed. The free header came about from Lowe impotently jumping up and down in place like a scalextric that's come partially off the track. He's like an NPC in a video game. So <ovf censored> bad and so <ovf censored> pathetically infuriating that it's funny. Move over Ryan Loft, you aren't so bad son in comparison to this absolute dosser. I never want to see Lowe in the squad again. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

Christ this has to be seen to be believed. The free header came about from Lowe impotently jumping up and down in place like a scalextric that's come partially off the track. He's like an NPC in a video game. So <ovf censored> bad and so <ovf censored> pathetically infuriating that it's funny. Move over Ryan Loft, you aren't so bad son in comparison to this absolute dosser. I never want to see Lowe in the squad again. 

The subs - all of them - were fatal for us last night. We were doing OK with our strategy despite pressure. Lowe for Ojo is a massive step down. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 4

The club having the most years in league football without ever playing in the top flight. A handful of promotions and a couple of Lower league trophies to boast after a near 150 year existence.

If a salesperson knocked on my door and tried to flog me that, I’d chase them back down the path.

Yet still we believe, yet still we attend. We are undoubtedly the most stoic supporters in football.

It’s hard being a Vale fan, like it or not, it’s what we signed up for. I just pity my offspring who have more years of this ahead of them. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Warren said:

Although we got battered second half. We had one chance with Loft through. I think he tried to give the keeper the eyes and shoot low down in the corner. In fact, he completely missed the goal. Most good L1 strikers would have slotted and PV are 3-0 up. 

On the striker issue, there was reasonable expectation that Wilson would be doing much better. 

But one way or another, our attack is not good enough and the DofF and former manager are responsible. 

If we went 3-0 up we draw that 3-3. Doesn’t matter with this group how many we score they will always find a way to concede more. Why would Anyone expect Wilson to be doing more? He showed last season at this level he doesn’t score enough goals & is too inconsistent. To top it off he looks like he’s injured AGAIN! On your bike James lad thanks for the league 2 memories 👋🏻 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Delgado said:

The club having the most years in league football without ever playing in the top flight. A handful of promotions and a couple of Lower league trophies to boast after a near 150 year existence.

If a salesperson knocked on my door and tried to flog me that, I’d chase them back down the path.

Yet still we believe, yet still we attend. We are undoubtedly the most stoic supporters in football.

It’s hard being a Vale fan, like it or not, it’s what we signed up for. I just pity my offspring who have more years of this ahead of them. 

Im convinced vale is the worst team to support in the whole of the football league ive had way over 20 years of watching the same tripe season after season. But hey we have new ice baths. Id put them all in them and put the lid on leave them in there until the end of the season.

• Like 2

I am 100% happy with Darren Moore. He's clearly a light years better manager than Crosby. He's finding it difficult to turn this round, but I'm staying with him. It looks more likely than not we will need to mount a comeback from L2. He's the man to do that in my opinion. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Kids won 5-2 v Rochdale 

Why if we were going defend did we not have at least 4 of these lads on bench bring on cause you know what I think Lomax do a better job than what Sang did 

Walters do a better Job than Lowe did what actually did he do that boxer in midfield for them had 3 goal attempts on another day they go in with no Vale player even bothering block them 

Moore our younger players are better than our seasoned pros I wouldn't be worried about using them Moore we were 3 down v Barnsley and Lomax and Shorrock shined .

Or last win Shorrock played and shined 

What's wrong with you Moore 

Shorrock should have been playing

The lad is absolute class 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Once Debrah made that mistake why wasn't he hauled off 

Not sure you are aware of this but Nathan Smith was the only defender we had on the bench.

Jones, Smith, Yak, Debrah are all League Two standard. Recruitment, recruitment, recruitment

• Like 1