onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

8 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Ojo’s disinterest since Crosby’s departure is an disgrace. Dedicating goals to like him he’s died and then swanning about like it’s a friendly.

He got a 2.5 year extension in his 30s after 5 good games flanked by future England internationals. I’d look reasonable next to Blaster. Banging on about ‘educating’ the fans who presciently pointed out that we were crap.

A fraud who coincidentally bottled it away at Accrington last year with a silly red with the pressure on.

Agreed.

Advert

9 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

It's not Moore out by any stretch of the means. What tactics did you see second half that were effective, along with subs? Yes the squad is threadbare. But to capitulate like that in the second half, after a positive first half is very questionable. We all saw it and all thought exactly the same. Wtf is going on!!! emoji12.png

The bottom line is our squad just isn’t good enough for this league. No amount of tactics, formations or substitutions is going to change that. I believe the players are trying but lack the required quality to stay in the league.

I only think Ripley, Garrity and Ojo are L1 quality, the rest either aren’t ready or aren’t good enough. Major surgery required in the Summer to finish top half in L2 next season.

Can’t feeling we’ve given our L1 place away without a fight because of dreadful recruitment.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think Big Exodus would do a better job in the middle than Lowe.

We signed a released centre half from the team currently battling relegation to the national league and play him midfield.

I can't understand how he's been brought back in as a centre midfielder. It was obvious after 10 minutes of the game against Fleetwood in the League Cup in August that he can't play that position anymore. If we're not playing out from the centrebacks anymore then he hasn't got a place in the matchday squad, let alone as a replacement for Ojo. That's on Moore for me. I'd rather see Sang in centre mid than Lowe.

• Like 1

Just now, fuzzyvalefan said:

Cant disagree on Ojo.  Good footballer but a luxury we can do without in a relegation scrap. Pulled out of too many tackles for me.  Just not sure who i'd replace him with though.

Completely bottled one right by the dug outs 2nd half. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

There shouldn’t be calls to sell.

However, Carol gave unfettered control of the football team to a man quite obviously out of his depth, and then defended him when fans quite rightly kicked off.

When we go down, Carol has to shoulder some of the blame as this was all completely avoidable. This shouldn’t be a controversial take.

Think its the manner of the comment that I think is unwarranted and saying there is only one person to blame- which is ridiculous really.  There are a lot of people to blame, the vast majority of fingers point to Flitcroft, but there are some players who have been a disgrace since well before Christmas and are still now.  I dont disagree with your comment that Carol has kept faith with Flitcroft long after it became apparent that he wasnt up to the job, same for Crosby but it's very easy to say '<ovf censored> off and sell the club' but there arent exactly a queue of buyers snaking down Hamill Road.  Just dont think less than 90 minutes after the final whistle is the best time to post such inflammatory comments.  That's my only issue.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gooders said:

It wouldn't have happened if the central defender could do what he is paid for and head the ball. If he had we would have won. The goal changed everything.

The fact is it did happen. You can say if this & if that but I could see exactly  what was coming just like thousands of others. But it come as a complete shock to Darren Moore. What a load of rubbish! Just like I knew they’d equalise once they got their first, we’re so predictable 

• Like 1