onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

16 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

You can see we cant have interviewed for the managers job when you hear him speak.

One of my first thoughts when I first heard him speak was he doesn’t sound very inspirational or motivating.I listened a few more time and still think the same.I get that right now he may be feeling frustrated,angry.Obviously I haven’t heard him speak before a match.But it’s just one of those things that some people have and some don’t.

Having said that I wish him all the luck (he will certainly need it)I hope his time here is a success.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Fleetwood looked a good side as I've seen but it was too easy for them build up steam .

To be honest I sat there with 5 mins go and thought please so not lose and we were winning 2 -0 

That's how much I distrust these make money out your own club players look at Debrah a assust for him wrong goal you <ovf censored> wit 

Might of looked good mate. I assure you they aren't hence sit 23rd.

Quite simply we made them look good somehow. 

• Like 1

The problem now is who the hell plays upfront against Derby?

Wilson is injured. I think Moore’s now realised Loft is hopeless and we simply can’t play Dipepa as a lone striker there.

This situation is making me more and more angry the more I dissect it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

I would have changed tactics and been prepared to play out from the back when it was clear what Fleetwood were doing in overloading the attack. 

To be fair to Darren Moore, he brought on Loft to hold the ball up, but it didn't work. The stuff going up to the front wasn't good enough and the players were not organised as an attacking unit. 

Before we have too much of a go at Moore. He nearly got a win v a much better squad. 

A squad that has seen 2 managers sacked this season .

Charlie Adam has been there for a couple of months, that is all but he proved tonight how superior tactically he is compared to our new manager.

Ah it’s only taken four games for the usual clowns to want Moore out.
This ship was sunk long before he arrived and I’ll judge him come this time next year. Plenty of effort tonight but not enough quality which sums up most our games in 2024. Had we got a forward like Stockley we’d have stayed up instead we signed no one other than Loft.
i hope when Carol sits down with DF to review this season, she doesn’t accept his woeful performance in the transfer market.
It's not Moore out by any stretch of the means. What tactics did you see second half that were effective, along with subs? Yes the squad is threadbare. But to capitulate like that in the second half, after a positive first half is very questionable. We all saw it and all thought exactly the same. Wtf is going on!!!

1 hour ago, mighty vale said:

Looking objectively, DM set us up best he could. 3 units at the back told to play no nonsense football. Worked for 85mins, and then as per usual we forgot how to defend. 

Fleetwood changed things and came out swinging in the 2nd half, but if Debrah keeps his head we win this 2-0. That's the sort of disciplined, grind-it-out performance you need to put in week in week out to stay up in a relegation fight. Clearly this lot haven't got it in them.

Ripley made at least 3 unbelievable stops.

We scored a goal that their keeper should have kept out and a penalty that never should have been given.

We have just been absolutely battered by a team who will get relegated. It wasn’t even a contest in the 2nd half. We got mullered. 
I’m embarrassed to support this club at the minute.

God help us against Derby because if they score early on we will lose 8.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Another thing I think went badly wrong tonight. Aside from surrendering too much possession in general. But individual players when on the ball failed to buy fouls and chose to play balls that were not on. Getting fouled would have allowed getting up the pitch, time running down and disruption of the flow of the opponent's game. 

11 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Ah it’s only taken four games for the usual clowns to want Moore out. 🤣🤣

This ship was sunk long before he arrived and I’ll judge him come this time next year. Plenty of effort tonight but not enough quality which sums up most our games in 2024. Had we got a forward like Stockley we’d have stayed up instead we signed no one other than Loft.

i hope when Carol sits down with DF to review this season, she doesn’t accept his woeful performance in the transfer market.

Not sure anyone bar Rory, who has made it a running joke, has called for Moore to go.

However - a manager with his track record is making a lot of avoidable mistakes and has a pitiful points return from his opening 4 games, in which he’s played 23rd, 21st, and 20th.

Tonight was shocking game management in which he was outdone by a bloke about 5 games into his managerial career. 

It’s been a poor start for him. We can’t just give him a blanket free pass on everything. He was brought in to keep us up, and whilst he was dealt a tough card, it certainly wasn’t impossible.

After tonight, it might well be. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Very good midfield and forwards. Lawal is class. Even so, that 2nd half was embarrassing, never seen stats like it. I said first half I wasn’t sure how these are 2nd bottom. Streets ahead of us. We will finish below these 

Shows they have nothing to worry about when they play us. They are bottom after 30+ games so cannot be a good team.

Agree No. 4 excellent player. No 5 good at their ground too but not so much tonight. Maybe when they play a half decent team they show their true colours.

They played 3 players lined up down the left second half. All they did was pass it through us , from their half to our goal line. Simple and what did we do.

Sang had a torrid time all night. Shows he is no full back.  Did he put a tackle in ?  Did he block a cross ?  Hardly all second half.

Weir 60 minutes and he could not run. Disgraceful. No wonder no one wants him. Gave no support to Sang all second half and then subbed.

Not sure why Ojo is taken off again. Is he a mardarse, he certainly isnt up to his own standards. May be injured and not full fit. Not sure ?

Lowe absolutely useless, where ever he plays. Leave him off for good.

PLant. I can almost hear his pep talk. Get on there and give support for Sang. What happens next ! Did he make a tackle, did he block a pass, did he even touch the ball. No not once but he did stand in front of Sang !!!

Whole team too weak and so easily out fought for every ball. Depepa, Weir, Mighten, Plant, Chislett, Sang, Lowe

Loft. Speechless. Sign anyone tomorrow. Please. Cannot be any worse.

This is after we leave out Wilson, Massey, Smith. Deservedly left out too. Seasoned professionals who have let us down badly this year.

All this after Lopata and Iacovitti at least gave us hope with some fight

Too much wrong with this squad to saveus. We are down, probably next to bottom if we lucky

Who is to blame  FLITCROFT OUT

• Like 8

Just now, Warren said:

Another thing I think went badly wrong tonight. Aside from surrendering too much possession in general. But individual players when on the ball failed to buy fouls and chose to play balls that were not on. Getting fouled would have allowed getting up the pitch, time running down and disruption of the flow of the opponent's game. 

They don’t buy fouls.

They don’t make fouls.

They don’t take one for their mates.

And when they concede they just look around.

Pathetic. 

• Thanks 1