onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change of ownership

Emile

Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

Without question I want our current owner to stay , however we need a new DOF and if there is an investment partner out there that Carol can work with bring them on board 

I too want the current owners to stay, but don’t think we need a DOF at all.

• Like 3

If I was Carol I would be looking for a way out. Thankless task owning the Vale, dominated by fans telling you to spend more and more. A lot of vitriol every day and very little praise.

I would cut my losses, take £5 mill if I could and head off to Spain and enjoy each day.

• Like 9

Just now, Phil500 said:

If I was Carol I would be looking for a way out. Thankless task owning the Vale, dominated by fans telling you to spend more and more. A lot of vitriol every day and very little praise.

I would cut my losses, take £5 mill if I could and head off to Spain and enjoy each day.

Absolutely. Only a fool would want to carry on.

Carol owns the club so it's up to her if she gets rid of DF and no amount of us moaning will alter that,do i think she will no i dont,there is more chance of him walking maybe.

Do I want her to sell,well if someone was there with multi millions with the best interests of the club then yes its obvious and I do think she would sell(she is no Bratt),does she like the attention..more than likely as most would.

I dont really want her to sell as i would think where we are hurts her like it does all of us,i DO want her to learn from her mistakes and quickly,if we go down we go down,it's happened many times before but then she needs a plan and investment that will hopefully get us straight back up as she will lose a lot of lost revenue,one plus point is that as long as he stays(which i think he will as he knew the mess we were in when he signed) then we have the right manager imo to give it a go and still attract players even in League 2.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it is that denial is a really powerful emotion. I really believe that this is where Carol is at in relation to our Director of Flufball. 
To sack him now would turn Carol’s Vale world upside down, as I see it, the situation way have to get a lot worse for anything to change. 
I can’t imagine how Carol would manage without Flitcroft, she would really want to ask him who she should replace him with, there’s no other football business brain in the club.

I would only want her to sell the club if I felt we were heading out of the football league. 

In the meantime I think I’ll have to calm myself down as I watch Carol & David set sail to the magical Isle of Denial, 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

All she needs to do, whether we stay up or not, is to sack Flitcroft or at the very least, take him away from everything football. The fans don’t want her to sell. They just don’t want another atrocious transfer window.

Its pretty much that in a nutshell. 

Correct.she needs to get back to basics where the manager signs his players,we are a league1 club at the moment not a championship/premier league one

• Like 1

Happy for the owners to stay, although I would love to see some external investment come in, but selling up is only an option if someone wants to buy. The bigger problem right now is the DoF. I'm staggered that we are going into another game relying on the same powderpuff attack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil500 said:

The idea that Carol gets little praise is completely wrong.

She is widely, and rightly, worshipped by 80-90% of Vale fans. Her approval rating amongst the supporters is probably higher than nearly ever other owner in the EFL. She’s received an MBE and has a huge local profile, with employment for her family. 

She enjoys being the owner of PVFC - that’s why she’s still doing it.

She’s also, rightly, been criticised for a series of poor decisions going back 18 months that could undo a lot of her hard work. I’m not sure if what vitriol there is bar the odd numpty on a forum which she doesn’t read.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

Remember when we had a whip round to purchase Darren Beckford. Well if it cost say 100K to remove David Brent, how much would we be each willing to chip in.

One scenario - thats £25 each (price of one home ticket) if 4000 fans divvied up 

or if Devine Intervention is doing the maths, its 7,000,000 fans paying £945,482 and 3p each 👍👍👍👍(playing in a 2 6 4 7 formation, with Smudger in goal)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

• Crosby appointed without other interviews

Playing devils advocate here. Didn’t flitcroft say they did the same thing with Darren Moore. He was the only man we wanted and the only one we spoke to? 

• Confused 1