onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do you get rid of?

Granville

Advert

5 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Speak for yourself. I still don't think Flitcroft is the problem here; just a bad choice as manager this time last year. Yes Flitcroft made a mistake in choosing AC, but who hasn't made a mistake? For me it's not enough to hang him for, and I'm not joining in an ill informed witch hunt.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Heatwave. Personally when we were almost relegated last season and look favourites this season on an appalling run of form for me I don't think it's a witch hunt to hold account the person who is responsible for everything the ball touches. I'll informed? I think Vales results this season, even over the last 18 months are pretty damming evidence of underperformance.

5 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Speak for yourself. I still don't think Flitcroft is the problem here; just a bad choice as manager this time last year. Yes Flitcroft made a mistake in choosing AC, but who hasn't made a mistake? For me it's not enough to hang him for, and I'm not joining in an ill informed witch hunt.

I'm not sure Crosby was a mistake and think we may regret getting rid. However, I do think Flitcroft has made a mistake appointing Moore in my opinion. David Flitcroft has his opinion though, he may be right like he usually is and I may be wrong. 

Time will tell but I am confident on this one.

Fingers crossed though. Up the Port Vale.

5 hours ago, MBE said:

I agree with you Emile on the out of contract players except Leutwiller. I would be looking at a development keeper under 24 to sit on the bench and play JPT games.

I would also keep Sang. He’s still a developing player, give him a position in the team I think he has the ability to be a good L1 player.

Yak’s struggled post injury but I still think he could improve and make a decent CB in a back 4.

I think you need 3 keepers and one comes from the academy but will only be on the bench if we are desperate. If we had a good academy keeper id send him out on loan to play games.

I like Sang but he's not good enough at right back and not good enough in midfield. I'd transfer list with a view that if we can recruit someone else for his spot in the squad he can go.

But realistically we are already looking at 10 spots just to plug the gaps. It's going to be another massive summer upheaval regardless of which division we're in.

At least we didn't sign 24 players, 19 of which not in the first team and still look to get relegated to our lowest point in 20 years...

1 hour ago, Emile said:

I think you need 3 keepers and one comes from the academy but will only be on the bench if we are desperate. If we had a good academy keeper id send him out on loan to play games.

I like Sang but he's not good enough at right back and not good enough in midfield. I'd transfer list with a view that if we can recruit someone else for his spot in the squad he can go.

But realistically we are already looking at 10 spots just to plug the gaps. It's going to be another massive summer upheaval regardless of which division we're in.

At least we didn't sign 24 players, 19 of which not in the first team and still look to get relegated to our lowest point in 20 years...

Doesn’t matter how <ovf censored> you think things are there’s always someone worse off than you….. 😂😂😂😂

Just the thought of 2 games against the <ovf censored> next season and a gimme against the Railway Children should be enough motivation for fans to stick with the team to stay up.

On 21/02/2024 at 16:27, Granville said:

Based on the fact we look like a relegation team, and we go down, who do we cull/tell them to find another club/keep If we find ourselves in League Two?

Ripley - Keep

Cass - Release 

Jones - Release

Sang - Keep

Smith - Keep

Clark - Keep 

Garrity - Keep

Loft - Tell him to find somewhere else

Chislett - Keep

Uche - Keep

Leutwiler - Keep

Ojo - Keep

Grant - Tell him to find somewhere else

Lowe - Release 

Iacovitti - Release

Massey - Release

Plant - Keep

Debrah - Keep

Wilson - Release

I'd keep the academy lads if they want to re-sign, but I would guess Walters is already on his way. 

I would agree with this apart from would probably look to keep the Yak as he could be better suited in league 2.

Regardless of division we are in and players we keep, it seems that for some time now we have lacked a strong spine to the team and this needs to be addressed as a priority (fingers crossed with Moores experience/influence it will be).

For example, this season we have Ripley, Ojo and Garrity, but don't have the better quality central defenders or forward to complete the spine and build around, meaning too many mistakes/goals conceded and not enough goals scored.

If we go down it’ll be a rebuild on the scale of the one DC took on when he arrived. Realistically we are stuck with some them unless we pay them off. Ripley, Ojo, Garrity and possibly Plant and Shorrock will go to clubs in L1 (Plant and Shorrock maybe to EPL U-23 Academies like McDermott did).  Debrah, Smith, Clark, maybe Iacovitti and Leutweiler as back up keeper are probably okay for L2 which then that leaves…oh my god, that’s leave us with a Flitcroft rebuild!

I need a lie down 😩

I’d never have offered DF a role in the first place. Why the hell does a club at our level with our budget justify this position, when the precious funds could be used on players.

I’m not a fan of DF, but is this criticism justified? Has he been given the tools/funds to fulfil his duties?

As always there are a lot of unknowns going on behind the scenes and it’s clear to see there are major issues.

After 41 years of following the team up and down the country, buying merchandise and family season tickets and even 7 seasons working for the club, my interest and passion is trickling away. I’ve had enough.

All these dogs we want to get rid of are under contract, and no one is stupid enough to take on their wages.

We will be seeing Sang, Grant, Loft, and Lowe next year whether we like it or not. Dan Jones will play his customary 40% of minutes.

Funso Ojo relaxing into his 2.5 year extension by not bothering because his best mate has been sacked. He continues to dedicate his 2 goals a season to Crosby, as if he'd died.

We'll give Wilson another year to prove his fitness.

We'll probably finish mid-table.

On 22/02/2024 at 15:11, Vtid said:

I’d keep Ripley, Debrah, try & sign Polata ( signed a new contract at Barnsley ) so doubtful, Plant, Garrity, Chislet, Walters, Shorrock & Lomax. The rest can go for me. 

Ripley is hit n miss  Debrah still not convinced, Planty ,shorrock,Lomax & Garrity

Would defo look at building my team around them 4 players & would  include  Ripley in that as well 

Walters & chislett have 

veen nowhere'near recently,let them go .

But it all about what Darren Moore thinks 

At the end of the day , let's wait and see 🤔

Archived