onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

44 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Football very emotional game.

I've just thrown my toys out of the pram and cut my nose off to spite my face by saying I'm not going to Derby with my mates.

It's draining me and I can't bear the thought of a thrashing there with 25'000 laughing at us. Pathetic for a grown man but it's sucking the life out of me. That's how I'm feeling. Sad I know. 

I stopped going away after Shrewsbury on the basis players can’t be arsed so why should I? 

I know Moore is using positive words and  telling us players will fight, well until I see any I won’t be wasting my time and money.

I only hope the are listening to him and we see change. 

1 positive result somehow somewhere might just change it.

At present just a team of losers who are used to losing.

51 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

15 Vale players graced that pitch today.

Darrell Clarke played 5 of them when in charge of us.

But don’t let facts get in the way of desperate hope.

But the crucial piece of information that "Gavin Massey can't defend" was obviously in Clarke's head as Ferry targeted him all afternoon and right there was the basis of Cheltenham's biggest and most constant threat and ultimately the source of their 3rd goal. 

DM should have changed the Ferry/Massey contest at half time, it was so obvious Massey couldn't cope/he'd been targeted.

5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

But the crucial piece of information that "Gavin Massey can't defend" was obviously in Clarke's head as Ferry targeted him all afternoon and right there was the basis of Cheltenham's biggest and most constant threat and ultimately the source of their 3rd goal. 

DM should have changed the Ferry/Massey contest at half time, it was so obvious Massey couldn't cope/he'd been targeted.

That’s just homework.

It has nothing to do with DC being our manager previous.

1 minute ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

That’s just homework.

It has nothing to do with DC being our manager previous.

Why does DC need to do homework on Massey, he already knows Massey's strengths and weaknesses well from managing/working with him.

59 minutes ago, smithie said:

It'll be a sad state of affairs if results between now and then mean we don't sell out at Derby. Not that I'd blame anybody for keeping their cash in their pocket. 

It's not just results that will stop people going, it's the performance levels as well, a lack of fight and hunger there.  I was debating whether go the Reading game on Tuesday but the performance level made it easy, not wasting half a day off work to watch a team showing no desire and no fight apart from a 5 minute spell at the end of the game.  I would never miss a game but missed Exeter, Carlisle and now Tuesday and speaking to a few on the coach, so many regular people who would never miss a game have had enough.

32 minutes ago, Saphenous said:

Damp pitches...heavy turf....injuries....playing kids....2 games a week....you get my gist?

I get your gist but we’re in a rut with no real chance of improving the first team bar hoping Ben Garrity will return, start banging goals in and single-handedly turn our form around.   Admittedly a damp pitch may hamper Ben somewhat.  On the flip side, maybe the heavy turf will stop the ball rolling into our net with such regularity, Dave Regis style.

6 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Carol who stopped us getting relegated to the NL. Flitcroft who got us up to league 1. Listen I'm happy we are approaching things with a longterm plan. The 20 years before flitcroft we just chucked money at the first team, yes? And what happened? We went up and down and then went into administration,yes?

Don't tell me to stop being delusional mate.

We have came a long long way,yes?

A long way? We’re back in league 2 next season. We’ve gone nowhere. 

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Seems Dicko is packing in running the fun bus.

A sad indictment of how poor we’ve been and how poorly the diehards have been treated with patronising letters.

Charlie will be turning in his grave.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I stopped going away after Shrewsbury on the basis players can’t be arsed so why should I? 

I know Moore is using positive words and  telling us players will fight, well until I see any I won’t be wasting my time and money.

I only hope the are listening to him and we see change. 

1 positive result somehow somewhere might just change it.

At present just a team of losers who are used to losing.

I'm sorry that is Utter garbage. Unlike you I did go today and yes there was poor defending and we don't score enough but you cannot fault the effort today. That was an intense clash and it was blood and thunder in every sense and we gave as much as we got in the effort front. In fact for me (and I can't believe I'm about to type this) the standout Vale player today was public enemy number 1 Ryan Loft. Best game in a Vale shirt by a country mile.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

In fairness he's worked with them in training for a day.

43 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

A long way? We’re back in league 2 next season. We’ve gone nowhere. 

We've gone nowhere as a club? The investment in the club has been immense. When you spend time at the club in the week like I do the difference around the place is immense. Rome wasn't built in a day. All of those investments that people moan about, the scoreboard, the new suite, the community work- they are all ultimately money spinners (even the community work improves the reputation of the club and attracts new fans- have you noticed how many more families come to Vale now- these kids are the next generation of die hards- essential in this day and age when you can watch any match you want online on a Saturday afternoon) and even the much maligned director of football and sales pitches to players mean our loans are so much better than they used to be. Its all about long term planning. It may not save us this season but it means we will be in a strong position to bounce straight back and push on again. In a way it mirrors people's thinking about the passing it around at the back, sometimes a temporary backwards step is a necessary evil in order to move forward in the long run- case in point- our second goal today. I swear if more people spent their prematch somewhere other than the pub there would be a lot less moaning on a match day and on here.

9 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

We’re now at the stage of excusing relegation. Dear me!

Get your head out of your arse. Okay we'll do what them lot down the road do then, sack the manager every five minutes with no long term plan or strategy because its working so well for them. I suppose you were one of the pathetic individuals who booed at the end. No scrap that, you probably spent the afternoon on here moaning about a game you didn't even watch. If you want to support a team that wins every week <ovf censored> off up the M6 and go watch Man City, meanwhile us who live in the real world will applaud our team when they put in a bloody good shift and narrowly lose a very good game of football due to 2 worldies and a dodgy ref.

5 hours ago, Vtid said:

Consistently 6/7 out of 10 week in week out petty. Really steady player & a fighter we don’t have many who give 7 out of 10 week in week out or how to stand up & be counted. He’s no world beater but can be very underrated in what he does by some. Not saying you specifically 

That was in a league below though. He played well today, I don't know how he's been doing for Cheltenham in general. I was surprised we didn't try to keep him though, even just as a squad player.

Archived