onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Not like this

We've dropped back into the relegation spots because of yet another GD hammering.

Was never going to end 0-1 😂 what we’re you actually expecting?

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

Advert

Why are people throwing Carlisle about 🤦‍♂️ You always get the odd freak result here & there over a season. Take nothing away we were dominated every minute of last night. Expected the loss but the performance was concerning, however we have 4 games left & 3 at home it’s more than doable. Keep the faith guys I’m sure there’s a few who actually want to see us relegated on here 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

I just don't understand why fans are so mystified at the Jeckyl and Hyde team we have. It's been glaringly o virus last season and throughout this that the squad is not good enough. Whatever formulation we have we cause no problems to opposing defences, our midfield never control a game and our defence will always give chances to the other team.  Owner and management have caused this. We can all see why we've been shyite for ages, why haven't Carol and all her hangers on?  Simply we are NOT good enough to be in Division 1. A whole lot of work will be required to allow Valiants to retain hope for the future. Have we got the correct people to achieve this? I'm not optimistic. Depressed, deflated, disappointed and down right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powerline said:

I’m also genuinely astounded people clapped the players at the end. I didn’t boo, just walked out. Please can someone who clapped explain it. We’d just watched an absolutely gutless, cowardly and frankly <ovf censored> display of football.

I clapped the players if that's ok. Posh are a top team very dominant on the night and our plan was to nick a point .

There wide players were very mobile and tricky and yet we kept them at bay until Ripley decided to let a head high shot in on half time and that ruined our game plan

But he will go on twitter later and say we must do better and people will buy it and say its not your fault connor!

Big shout out to Planty and Grant who gave there all against waves of expansive football and kept going to the end.

See you Saturday 

UTV

• Like 1

I know it's not a great example. 

Luton were expected to be the laughing stock of the Premier league. 

They've taken the lead at Anfield, lost 4-3 to Arsenal. Led against Man City. Etc etc. Really given it a go and given their fans some joy. 

I just don't like this passive approach when we play the so called bigger fish. Some of the performances against the top six sides have been disgraceful. 9 nils in 11 tells the tale. Far too much respect paid. 

And I understand we didn't need a 5 goal hammering but those hardy souls who took time off work and spent their hard earned cash deserved better than 

A) The team selection 

B) The bowing down to Peterborough 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

Was never going to end 0-1 😂 what we’re you actually expecting?

For our manager to put an effort to actually come back with at least a point. I never expected anything other than defeat but still went to the game in hope we might get a surprise win, like Carlisle did a a few weeks ago (who are now already relegated). I nearly walked out 10 minutes before kick off when I saw Moore’s pathetic approach. 

If we beat Exeter on Saturday, all will be forgiven by most fans, and some will say it was the correct decision, but I can tell you now, I for one won’t make the same mistake again and go to Bolton for what again, will be a really important match.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Horrible to watch and disappointing, set up for 0-0from the kick off that’s not the vale way . Saying that  the club has really shot its self in the foot this season , slipshod recruitment, inexperienced manager and lack of budget and ambition. Think if we don’t win Saturday we are down .

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ian foster said:

I clapped the players if that's ok. Posh are a top team very dominant on the night and our plan was to nick a point .

There wide players were very mobile and tricky and yet we kept them at bay until Ripley decided to let a head high shot in on half time and that ruined our game plan

But he will go on twitter later and say we must do better and people will buy it and say its not your fault connor!

Big shout out to Planty and Grant who gave there all against waves of expansive football and kept going to the end.

See you Saturday 

UTV

Kept them at bay? They missed countless chances before the goal (that Ripley could do nothing about) big deflection. I’d take a look at Plant and Walters who were much more at fault. 

Edited by valiant_593

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

For our manager to put an effort to actually come back with at least a point. I never expected anything other than defeat but still went to the game in hope we might get a surprise win, like Carlisle did a a few weeks ago (who are now already relegated). I nearly walked out 10 minutes before kick off when I saw Moore’s pathetic approach. 

If we beat Exeter on Saturday, all will be forgiven by most fans, and some will say it was the correct decision, but I can tell you now, I for one won’t make the same mistake again and go to Bolton for what again, will be a really important match.

Yeah agreed the performance was awful but I don’t think the result comes as a suprise, with back to back home games we are still in with a fighting chance & im not sure many thought that would be possible 5-6 games ago. It’s no gimme but for me we win these next 2 home games & some start to believe again 

We probably gained points from Burton, Bristol Rovers and Wigan because they were even worse than us on the day.

When we come against a half decent or even average team we still look rubbish. 

The only way we stay up is if Exeter, Wycombe and Cambridge have off days against us.

We just aren’t good enough. It baffles me how people can be optimistic about the possibility of winning two (or three) home games.  

Edited by SuperHuman

I had no problem with the aim to contain Posh in the first half yesterday. 

My main issue was that once we did get the ball, we had very little idea what to do with it. And we had so little of it in the first half, because we focussed so much on restricting chances rather than disrupting play. We should have been looking for quick transitions and trying to win set pieces. If we're not going to have a game play going forwards on the counter, I don't want to see us defending like we're San Marino.

Defensive play is never fun to watch, and if we went more expansive, we can only look to the second half what that would have meant; a 4, 5 or more goal defeat. 

I see we have brought in a new defender; so hopefully that allows us to go 4 at the back, 2 sitting midfielders and 3 behind the striker. 

A striker would have been nice, but they'd have to guarantee output and be fit to dislodge Uche / Loft / Dipepa at this point, so don't think we were likely to find one.

Edited by NW9Valiant

12 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Nappy Soiler, you don't like a bit of your own back do you?

I tell it how I see it too, dumbarse, you don't have a monopoly on that life skill.  You're always the first to jump on players backs and state the obvious.  if that's saying it like it is, then bore off.

I don't wear rose tinted glasses, we are not saying these are world beaters, we're just not as sodding negative as you weeks in, week out about our own players.  You just love to pick off players don't you, and you won't hear the logic of earlier comments about Lowe's past.  We have him at the end of his career, when we are looking at experience, not pace, and you compare him to a park player.  I'll leave the fans to decide whereabouts on the knee jerk spectrum you are when things don't go your way.

Oh shut up you knob 😂 

And carry on happy clapping, good lad 👍

• Confused 1